Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    anyone else's boards playing up?

Ya, its been a bit glitchy in recent days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

anyone else's boards playing up?
    _Brian wrote: »
    Ya, its been a bit glitchy in recent days..

There's a new system being rolled out and there were trials being carried out with some of us on it. It appears to be affecting it in some way- You'll see a thread has a new post but can't see the new post etc etc. It's not allowing me to delete duplicates at the moment either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I said wrote: »
    Wires crossed I was on about the Mullingar show this Sunday and the match where as the 9th is tullamore show.
    And no I'm not expecting any miracles on Sunday and wether your patronising or not I couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk what you think.

I really hope westmeath do give the dubs a challenge but I can't see ya's beating them. could ya imagine if the dubs go into the qualifiers it would be a massacre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,858 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

ganmo wrote: »
    I really hope westmeath do give the dubs a challenge but I can't see ya's beating them. could ya imagine if the dubs go into the qualifiers it would be a massacre.
    the year of the famous louth/meath leinster final , wouldnt the dubs have been in qualifiers that year, how did they get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Let's be realistic if Westmeath can keep it kicked out to them they'll do well.Its a day out and experience for a young team no expectations at all.Might as well get bate 25 points as opposed to parking the bus.

bet by cork in the semi :(
    not sure if its famous or infamous, can barry sheridan cross the border yet?

bet by cork in the semi :(
    not sure if its famous or infamous, can barry sheridan cross the border yet?
    maybe he can but joe sheridan cant

maybe he can but joe sheridan cant

oops...
    he was always a brute

opened the knapsack sprayer earlier and there was a slug on the filter thingy at the top, havent used it in a few weeks , how could a slug end up there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

heard there that our slurry contractors wife passed away yesterday after being attacked by a freshly calved cow, rest in peace, be careful out there

Terrible news, more people seem to be getting attacked by cows these days than Bulls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Wires crossed I was on about the Mullingar show this Sunday and the match where as the 9th is tullamore show.
    And no I'm not expecting any miracles on Sunday and wether your patronising or not I couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk what you think.

Jasus who pissed on your cornflakes

Totm at least us women have an excuse for being moody

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I was in it enough times in my life in September to never forget.
    But that's beside the point. It has nothing to do with anything, were I from Offaly, Kerry, or Donegal, I'd still have the same thoughts on the subject.
    Is my opinion any less valid? Should I patronise you or bull**** you by saying ......... Yeah, ye have a great chance?
    Do you really see WH playing in Croke pk on Aug 9th? I think it's a Hurling weekend off the top of my head without looking it up.

[mod] Easy on the rhetoric folks.[/mod]

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ooooh yes ;)

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ooooh yes ;)

There's a roof on your bed, are ye expecting rain? :P

Kovu wrote: »
    There's a roof on your bed, are ye expecting rain? :P

No chances around here

Ooooh yes ;)
    What hotel are you in? Went to dunboyne castle last night, nice spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Clear herd test. All bar one that should have been in calf proved in calf. One set of twins. Only thing is, that may looks like it slowed things down, majority only 5-7 weeks in calf. Happy out today:D

What hotel are you in? Went to dunboyne castle last night, nice spot

Bloom field in mullingar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

No chances around here

Mrs. Reggie will probably also be saying no chance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Bloom field in mullingar

Cousin got married there a few weeks ago

Did it used to be a convent?

Did it used to be a convent?

Yes Franciscan nuns till late 70s

Jasus who pissed on your cornflakes

Paddy o rourke lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Totm at least us women have an excuse for being moody

Put what about the other days

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    Put what about the other days

So what's yer excuse😆 I am the usual sweetness and life on other days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A dirty rotten scumbag pastard smashed the passenger widow of my van today in a car park in Cavan and stole a satchel with paperwork in it. Nothing valuable other than a cheque book but will cost me time and effort to replace.

Base price wrote: »
    A dirty rotten scumbag pastard smashed the passenger widow of my van today in a car park in Cavan and stole a satchel with paperwork in it. Nothing valuable other than a cheque book but will cost me time and effort to replace.

What a little scumbag. I've heard Cavan is going down the swanney a bit but wasn't sure how true that was.
    Last time I was there there was a big gang hanging out in the Tesco car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I don't know the name of the car park but it happened on the upper tier in the car park behind The Carphone Warehouse which I was at the time enquiring about an upgrade for OH. Scumbag was seen by two ladies shopping and they reckoned he was in his fifties.

I don't know the name of the car park but it happened on the upper tier in the car park behind The Carphone Warehouse which I was at the time enquiring about an upgrade for OH. Scumbag was seen by two ladies shopping and they reckoned he was in his fifties.

Across the road from Dunnes isn't it? Used to live in the apartments just above that, had to walk up through those carparks. Was not happy there one bit. Got into a bit of a row with the neighbour as some may recall :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

You're not the first person to have your car broken into in that car park. Far from it in fact. I always try to park along the Main Street in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

No chances around here

Be a bit of thunder and lightning tonight ;);)

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Be a bit of thunder and lightning tonight ;);)

Your a bit late ain't ya

Your a bit late ain't ya

The night is young Reginald

Your a bit late ain't ya

Why are you posting here! Get back into that bed ya lunatic. You don't often get a night away.

Why are you posting here! Get back into that bed ya lunatic. You don't often get a night away.

Just found my way up to it now. Had a five course meal earlier and was ready for the hook afterwards. Got 200 Bales to stack tomorrow now aswell as two neighbours approached me during a break in festivities

Just found my way up to it now. Had a five course meal earlier and was ready for the hook afterwards. Got 200 Bales to stack tomorrow now aswell as two neighbours approached me during a break in festivities
    Get a big fry an sober up well and stack them tidyly tomorrow

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Get a big fry an sober up well and stack them tidyly tomorrow

Oh the thoughts of either

Oh the thoughts of either

Be the best. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Have any of ye used steel wire that looks like snare wire for electric fencing ? I asked the father to pick up a bit yesterday and that's what he came back with . He reckons it's easier to work with but I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What a little scumbag. I've heard Cavan is going down the swanney a bit but wasn't sure how true that was.
    Last time I was there there was a big gang hanging out in the Tesco car park.

Definitely odd sorts hanging about in both these car parks, they seem to linger around watching out for bags/handbags left in cars..

I'd wonder that the guards wouldn't set up one of those sting operations to catch the scumbags..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Heard of someone getting their back window broken and a kid's school bag taken not too long ago. I make sure my lot keep bags out of sight as the contents mightn't be worth anything but the screen costs a fortune to repair.

My brother is home for a few weeks and he's making me look like daughter of the year by proxy :D Was fixing the topper with dad yesterday and there were more arguments between the two men, me stuck in the middle trying to keep the peace and hold the vicegrips.

Bullocks wrote: »
    Have any of ye used steel wire that looks like snare wire for electric fencing ? I asked the father to pick up a bit yesterday and that's what he came back with . He reckons it's easier to work with but I don't know

I'd imagine it'll be a nightmare to tie off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

_Brian wrote: »
    Definitely odd sorts hanging about in both these car parks, they seem to linger around watching out for bags/handbags left in cars..

I'd wonder that the guards wouldn't set up one of those sting operations to catch the scumbags..

I thought Dunnes Stores actually owned that multi level car park? They had a parking warden patrolling it at one, (parking ticket refunded at till if spend big enough) That said ; the St. Clare's Court apartments had a pretty seedy reputation for year's now.

KatyMac wrote: »
    Heard of someone getting their back window broken and a kid's school bag taken not too long ago. I make sure my lot keep bags out of sight as the contents mightn't be worth anything but the screen costs a fortune to repair.

Latest one for getting into cars the bastards are using is,having a little fcuked patrol the car parks as you get out they sneak up from passenger side and open one of those doors just slightly as you close your own door and lock the car so you think. You walk away car not properly locked even though u think it is and its robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I don't trust anyone in big carparks. Around Christmas time, my mum got into her car and put her bag down. Two seconds later an absolute scumbag opened her passenger door and whipped her bag out. Terrified the life out of her. She's very paranoid now.

Luckily, a witness knew him and he was caught a few weeks later. Her bag was found about an hour away with everything in it apart from money and medicine.

KatW4 wrote: »
    I don't trust anyone in big carparks. Around Christmas time, my mum got into her car and put her bag down. Two seconds later an absolute scumbag opened her passenger door and whipped her bag out. Terrified the life out of her. She's very paranoid now.

Luckily, a witness knew him and he was caught a few weeks later. Her bag was found about an hour away with everything in it apart from money and medicine.
    not being smart here but the days of leaving your handbag on the passenger seat or visible are long gone, we normally lock the doors from the inside when driving in built up areas.

I know a few women that put the seatbelt through the loop of their handbag

• Advertisement

I know a few women that put the seatbelt through the loop of their handbag
    my aunt had her bag robbed off passenger seat of car in dublin at traffic lights, he just opened the door took the bag and was gone. Best thing is not to have a handbag:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement