Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    my aunt had her bag robbed off passenger seat of car in dublin at traffic lights, he just opened the door took the bag and was gone. Best thing is not to have a handbag:)

But where else would ye put all the stuff ye don't need !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bullocks wrote: »
    can never understand what women put in their handbag, i dont own any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Normally in my wifes handbag:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

whelan2 wrote:
    not being smart here but the days of leaving your handbag on the passenger seat or visible are long gone, we normally lock the doors from the inside when driving in built up areas.

I know, she usually does. Just the one day she forgot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The Leatherman is usually in my handbag :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

It's absolutely lashing rain ....land getting wet.....and I caused €100 euro damage to a Lawnmower today...hit it with front wheel of tractor:(....but I don't care!!!!

Man Utd signed Bastian Schweinsteiger:)

Good job we didn't make the trip to Tipperary to see Louth. We were brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It's absolutely lashing rain ....land getting wet.....and I caused €100 euro damage to a Lawnmower today...hit it with front wheel of tractor:(....but I don't care!!!!

Man Utd signed Bastian Schweinsteiger:)
    On closer inspection.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96201776&postcount=9211

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Am I the only one hoping Connor what his name gets that smirk wiped off his face tonight? I know he is Irish and all that, and fair play to him, but feckin hell he does love himself. Saying all that, he would be a handy lad to throw tyres up on a silage pit......

Odelay wrote: »
    Am I the only one hoping Connor what his name gets that smirk wiped off his face tonight? I know he is Irish and all that, and fair play to him, but feckin hell he does love himself. Saying all that, he would be a handy lad to throw tyres up on a silage pit......
    are they not all like that remember prince naseem and chris eubank, cocky feckers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Just after a feed of wild mushrooms. It's very early for them around here but boy were they nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Just after a feed of wild mushrooms. It's very early for them around here but boy were they nice.
    Many years ago the train track that goes through our land had a goods train running a couple of times a day. The early morning train used to stop at our field, driver and another fella got out and collected mushrooms from the field and off they went with a lovely feed for themselves. My father saw them several times as he was also getting the pick for us.

Anyway, fast forward 20 years to the day I met my OH and his family. Was talking to his uncle who was remembering the lovely fields of mushrooms that ran along the train track and how he, when he drove trains, used to stop and pick enough for their breakfast! Poor man got an awful shock when he realised who I was and where exactly our fields were. The world can be fierce small sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Base price wrote: »
    A dirty rotten scumbag pastard smashed the passenger widow of my van today in a car park in Cavan and stole a satchel with paperwork in it. Nothing valuable other than a cheque book but will cost me time and effort to replace.

Was in the car park at aldi on Wednesday there was 2 lads up to no good , they spotted something and one of them went in for the kill spotted me watching turned and disappeared fairly lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

td5man wrote: »
    Was in the car park at aldi on Wednesday there was 2 lads up to no good , they spotted something and one of them went in for the kill spotted me watching turned and disappeared fairly lively.

Pricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Anyone tippin to Mulligar 2mora?
    Might head on if there's nothing else to be at!

Anyone tippin to Mulligar 2mora?
    Might head on if there's nothing else to be at!

Might be bringing two tractors over in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Odelay wrote: »

Yea he's Irish but he's the worst of everything that's Irish.. A loud mouth that can do SFA but fight and when he gets a few €€ turns into a total wannker, all he needs to do now is become an alcohilic - beat a few women up and we can idolise him like George Best, hardly the image of Ireland we should be pushing to promote, yet he's plastered across every news buliten and website....

In contrast, Fiona Doyle qualified for the Olympic games this week, but just because she's no loud mouth and hasn't half killed anyone to achieve her success we've heard nothing about her accomplishments..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

We (Ireland) won a gold medal in the 400m hurdles yesterday in South Korea (World University games) not a squeak out of the press about it.
    Some cry-baby soccer player falls over in a neighbouring country and it's like it's a national disaster. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Reggie. wrote: »
    Might be bringing two tractors over in the morning

Ya staying about? Is Lakill there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea he's Irish but he's the worst of everything that's Irish.. A loud mouth that can do SFA but fight and when he gets a few €€ turns into a total wannker, all he needs to do now is become an alcohilic - beat a few women up and we can idolise him like George Best, hardly the image of Ireland we should be pushing to promote, yet he's plastered across every news buliten and website....

In contrast, Fiona Doyle qualified for the Olympic games this week, but just because she's no loud mouth and hasn't half killed anyone to achieve her success we've heard nothing about her accomplishments..

I wouldn't be a mad fan of him - but I think in his game, you have to be loud and cocky... It's part of the show biz almost of boxing...
    He has made a business out of it now - it's made him a lot of money.

• Advertisement

Not sure what I'm doing. Might call in the evening for the last hour or so yo have a look around before the tractors are brought back. That's if they go at all. Supposed to be a good day weather wise I think. Not sure about lakill

Reggie your very unsure today ☺

Reggie your very unsure today ☺

Covering all the angles ;)

One of the locals in Aran called into us yesterday to to bring me to look at his stock (heard I was a big farmer haha ) . He showed me neighbours cattle first and then drove to another spot where we had to walk to see his . Down a feckin 15' bank of stone in my good low shoes and what had he but 6 PB Parthenaise (2 cows and 4 heifers ) and a fine young Part bull .
    Fine stock and not at all what I expected to see , he said their feet were brilliant on the terrain out there and they aren't at all soft with the weather and all year round grazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

One of the locals in Aran called into us yesterday to to bring me to look at his stock (heard I was a big farmer haha ) . He showed me neighbours cattle first and then drove to another spot where we had to walk to see his . Down a feckin 15' bank of stone in my good low shoes and what had he but 6 PB Parthenaise (2 cows and 4 heifers ) and a fine young Part bull .
    Fine stock and not at all what I expected to see , he said their feet were brilliant on the terrain out there and they aren't at all soft with the weather and all year round grazing

I know the fella. Has he still got the chx out of the part? Some animal. I have bought a few over there before and have worked out well. Loads of screwball bulls though. Lads just want an in-calf cow out there. One lad has two pbr limos to service 8 cows and a few of the neighbours. He has good stock though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Ah now Brian your being way over the top. He's a showman and a bloody good one. He's backed up all his claims so far, what are you expecting? For him to walk around with his head down muttering in a nice timid voice about how he's going to beat someone. It's another case of irish people begrudging someone doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

What has Georgie Boy got to do with McGregor???? Way Ott bringing him into it. Best wasn't a loud mouth like McGregor. And we have no claim to him either. He was from Northern Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

Miname wrote: »
    Ah now Brian your being way over the top...... It's another case of irish people begrudging someone doing well.

Now who's being over the top? We have to like this sportsman or else its purely begrudging someone's achievements :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Ah now Brian your being way over the top. He's a showman and a bloody good one. He's backed up all his claims so far, what are you expecting? For him to walk around with his head down muttering in a nice timid voice about how he's going to beat someone. It's another case of irish people begrudging someone doing well.

Exactly Miname, this fella obviously has worked extremely hard and is anything but a drunkin lout. Fair play to him.

Reminds me of Ray Darcy when he had him on the show few years back, kept getting his name wrong, criticising the sport and being totally condescending to him.

Different story when he had the Rugby lads and Katie Taylor on. Unbelievable.

• Advertisement

AP2014 wrote: »
    Exactly Miname, this fella obviously has worked extremely hard and is anything but a drunkin lout. Fair play to him.

Reminds me of Ray Darcy when he had him on the show few years back, kept getting his name wrong, criticising the sport and being totally condescending to him.

Different story when he had the Rugby lads and Katie Taylor on. Unbelievable.
    in fairness ray darcy is a dick

in fairness ray darcy is a dick

+1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Suckler wrote: »
    Now who's being over the top? We have to like this sportsman or else its purely begrudging someone's achievements :rolleyes:

TBH I don't begrudge it to him at all, I'm sure its taken serious work to get to where he is..

But I am allowed to dislike him, his sport and thole OTT fanfare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Suckler wrote: »
    Making out he's a wife beating alcoholic when he's just playing the game

I certainly wouldn't call him the worst about everything that is Irish. Wish more people had his work ethic and drive.

Looks like I'm here for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

Playing the game or not - just because he's Irish doesn't mean I have to like him and be simplistically labelled a begrudger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Stayed up to watch it on a crappy livestream. If I knew beforehand that the fight wasn't till 5 I wouldn't have bothered.

In other news I went to see Fleetwood Mac in the 3 Arena. Unreal gig. Once The bass riff of the Chain kiced in I got chills going down my back. They still got it!

I know the fella. Has he still got the chx out of the part? Some animal. I have bought a few over there before and have worked out well. Loads of screwball bulls though. Lads just want an in-calf cow out there. One lad has two pbr limos to service 8 cows and a few of the neighbours. He has good stock though.

He does ya . I saw one screw of a bull and I couldn't believe the calves out of him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

In other news I went to see Fleetwood Mac in the 3 Arena. Unreal gig. Once The bass riff of the Chain kiced in I got chills going down my back. They still got it!

Seen them a few years ago without Christine mcveigh, brilliant. couldn't go this time around. heard on radio that they were brilliant, Christine stole the show, and she's 72!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

She's 72? She's aged the best of any of them. Her voice is still great. Steavies voice has gone back slightly but still great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Sad news for me and family.
    I brought the eldest rottie (9yo spayed bitch) to my vet on Friday afternoon cause she is getting less mobile,stiff and occasionally whinging on her hinds.
    Vet confirmed that her hip dysaplasia has degenerated from the last x-ray.
    She is now on a permanent treatment for pain relief :(, although she is still a ferocious force to be reckoned with :D

Base price wrote: »
    Sad news for me and family.
    I brought the eldest rottie (9yo spayed bitch) to my vet on Friday afternoon cause she is getting less mobile,stiff and occasionally whinging on her hinds.
    Vet confirmed that her hip dysaplasia has degenerated from the last x-ray.
    She is now on a permanent treatment for pain relief :(, although she is still a ferocious force to be reckoned with :D

Thought that you were going to say that she was put down

Thought that you were going to say that she was put down

Jesus me too. It's not a decision I hope to ever make with the cats. Let them be run over or something quick like that.

Tis very noisy in Dublin!!

Kovu wrote: »
    Jesus me too. It's not a decision I hope to ever make with the cats. Let them be run over or something quick like that.

Tis very noisy in Dublin!!

Get used to it

Get used to it

Got up and am downloading what seems like everything. No limits, woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Can't beat a trip to the dentist to start the week

This calf of mine is still down. Refuses to stand since last Tues. Tried a couple of times to get him up but puts in no effort at all. His legs just go limp. Just wondering when should I consider THE other option as I don't want to prolong his misery any more than I have to. Talked to the vet and he suggested more injectable vitamins but a few neighbours reckoned he is a lost cause.

It can't be good for the animal to be down for 7 days can it?

Probably give him a few more days but any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

This calf of mine is still down. Refuses to stand since last Tues. Tried a couple of times to get him up but puts in no effort at all. His legs just go limp. Just wondering when should I consider THE other option as I don't want to prolong his misery any more than I have to. Talked to the vet and he suggested more injectable vitamins but a few neighbours reckoned he is a lost cause.

Did you do dung samples? Is he scoury, or cholic like, kicking at himself or anything. Could try some sulpha powders or mix up a bit of milk for him and tube it back if he wont drink. He may have just eaten something but if something punctured his stomach he.d prob be gone by now. Turn him from side to side as well a couple of times a day. Unfortunately it may be a case of putting him down, could be the best option at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Id put him out of his misery tbh reggie.

Do you have any small square bales. Sit him over one saves the lifting

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement