Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Having a wee drive around Meaty looking at xc jumps..... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

ganmo wrote: »
    Was just on agriland readin the article on the farmers charter, I was thinking that there would be some info on it...nope all it says is that there is an agreement...not even a link to the proper info

Stinks of copy and pasting from a press release

Here's a link

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/customerservice/farmerscharter2015-2020/FarmersCharterFINALTEXT160715.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Just got bale wraps collected out of yard from FRS.Weighted nearly 500kgs when loaded up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Head hurty today after yesterday's Connaught final. One of the lads said on the way up that we would drink the number if pints that mayo beat Sligo by 10 mins in to the game he turs around and says we better leave now if where going to put a dent in them numbers.

How sh1te where Sligo we knew we would beat them but for the match to be over after 10mins it did nothing for us would have perfered a tough game.
    Or back line is shocking bad soft gaols in the last two games we will nothing if they don't sort it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

naughto wrote: »
    Head hurty today after yesterday's Connaught final. One of the lads said on the way up that we would drink the number if pints that mayo beat Sligo by 10 mins in to the game he turs around and says we better leave now if where going to put a dent in them numbers.

How sh1te where Sligo we knew we would beat them but for the match to be over after 10mins it did nothing for us would have perfered a tough game.
    Or back line is shocking bad soft gaols in the last two games we will nothing if they don't sort it out

welcome to dublin's leinster championship
    I only saw the highlights of the mayo game but they fairly destroyed them right from the outset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Was at a 21st the weekend. Happened to be for the son of the CEO of Glanbia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Day off for bday today, did a few bits around home n now off with gf for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Day off for bday today, did a few bits around home n now off with gf for the evening.

Happy birthday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

going to be nosey now, what age are you?

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    going to be nosey now, what age are you?

27 today

27 today
    have a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

:D Happy Monday thread folk !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

27 today

Liar your 37

:P

a good few on here were complaining about the bus eireann school bus website last year-me included- just did the job there and all gone through with in 2 minutes:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

Anyone else watching the royal welsh show on s4c, just press button for subtitles and select English. On again tomorrow 9 to 5.30 claims to be biggest show in Europe. Big phil Hogan was guest of honour there. They're not happy about big payments that some farms are getting. They're even less happy about the thought of UK leaving EU. Big phil was saying more payments should go to young farmers and research.

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Liar your 37

:P

I fecking feel it at times

I fecking feel it at times

Your only as old as the one your feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Had to get the hoof man to pare the bull today, 4 feckin drops in 3 legs caused by blackthorns. Impossible to keep a bull right around here on rough rocky ground. Looks like he's decommissioned now for a few weeks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Had to get the hoof man to pare the bull today, 4 feckin drops in 3 legs caused by blackthorns. Impossible to keep a bull right around here on rough rocky ground. Looks like he's decommissioned now for a few weeks :(

Yer man with the Parthenaise on the aran islands had great praise for their hooves on their rocky ground . Anyone around you using one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Bullocks wrote: »
    Yer man with the Parthenaise on the aran islands had great praise for their hooves on their rocky ground . Anyone around you using one ?

When I was on Aran (a long time ago now admittedly) I don't remember seeing many (any?) trees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

When I was on Aran (a long time ago now admittedly) I don't remember seeing many (any?) trees?

I was talking more about the rocky terrain. Shag all trees out there alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Your only as old as the one your feeling

Sure Lefty and righty are the same age as you :D

Muckit wrote: »
    Sure Lefty and righty are the same age as you :D

Palm and her 5 sisters you say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Bullocks wrote: »

No, none around here but it's nearly the same story with nearly everyone around though. Neighbour has a Charolais hobbling around aswell. Between hills, rocks and bushes I don't think you could keep anything right. He dragged his leg last year trying to bull a cow on a hill and was done up for a few weeks aswell, got redwater and coccidiosis the year before that. Just aswell I bought a second lad a few weeks ago. Was waiting for him to pack up again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

you'd be surprised how fast he'd come right once the drops are drained

our fellow hurt his back hock last week , coming round slowly have him taken away from the cows

always some crock here (excluding myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

a good few on here were complaining about the bus eireann school bus website last year-me included- just did the job there and all gone through with in 2 minutes:):)

Definitely a big improvement, no swearing this year!! ðŸ˜႒

Eddie downey on newstalk now talking about farm safety day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Christ but its easy to get hurt

Good piece and highlights how we can all take dangers on farm for granted. Must have been some shock to his son on tractor

We have visitors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

We have visitors

Straight to the freezer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

We have visitors

If you intend to keep sheep, you may get out with the posts and the Wire!

We have visitors

Wooly rats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

ah they'll eat the ragwort for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Baby number 3 arrived this morning safe and sound. Another young lad to hunt in the cows..

Mulumpy wrote: »
    Baby number 3 arrived this morning safe and sound. Another young lad to hunt in the cows..

Oh you'll be well busy now with 3 of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Reggie. wrote:
    Oh you'll be well busy now with 3 of them

Don't I know it. Hard to beat a bit of new life around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

WAHOO! Congrats Mulumpy! Great news! :)

Best wishes to ye all.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Mulumpy wrote:

Congratulations :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We have visitors
    Someone PM Johngalway, they must be his:P

Someone PM Johngalway, they must be his:P
    havent seen connemara farmer on here for a while

havent seen connemara farmer on here for a while

Noticed that myself

He's still floating around twitter tho

Noticed that myself

He's still floating around twitter tho

noticed him quiet on twitter too, tweeted him about a lamb the other day and he never replied which is very strange for him

Congratulations Mulumpy. You may tie a knot in it now lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

From the BBC website
    A farmer who lit up a cigarette in his tractor could face a fine of up to £1,000 after he was deemed to be smoking in his workplace.
    The quiet smoke break while parked at the side of a road in County Antrim was stubbed out when a tobacco control officer intervened.
    The tractor was deemed by the officer to be a commercial vehicle capable of "carrying more than one person".
    As a result, the farmer was told he was in breach of smoking regulations.
    He was issued with a notice warning him that he could have to pay a four-figure fine.
    Exempt
    Breaking smoke-free law in Northern Ireland is a criminal offence, and people caught smoking in a work vehicle can land a fixed penalty notice of £50 or a maximum fine of £1,000 if prosecuted and convicted by a court.
    The Ulster Farmers' Union (UFU) has said the owner of the tractor has been ordered by Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council, which issued the notice, to give the name of the person smoking or face a fine.
    The UFU added that the farmer has been asked by the council to complete a two-page form giving details of the tractor and its tax status, despite agricultural vehicles being exempt from vehicle tax in the UK.
    The council said its investigation into the case was ongoing.
    But it added that "it is against the law to smoke in work vehicles used by more than one person - a tractor is classed as a work vehicle".
    Barclay Bell, deputy president of the Ulster Farmers' Union (UFU), said the case was an example of officials taking smoking legislation to extreme lengths.
    "At one level this is a bizarre and even funny example of excessive red tape, defining a tractor as capable of carrying more than one person," he said.
    But he added that it raised more serious issues.
    "Regardless of where you stand on smoking, in tough financial times it is justifiable to ask whether this is the best possible use of time and money?"
    Mr Bell said it was a warning to farmers that they cannot escape red tape, even in their tractor or off the public road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Damn active french farmers..

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/french-farmers-block-roads-as-25000-face-bankruptcy/

Wonder if I tie a bale of hay onto the roof of the Jeep would they see I'm from farming folk and wave me on through on Friday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

_Brian wrote: »
    Damn active french farmers..

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/french-farmers-block-roads-as-25000-face-bankruptcy/

Wonder if I tie a bale of hay onto the roof of the Jeep would they see I'm from farming folk and wave me on through on Friday :D
    In fairness to French farmers/air traffic controllers/transport workers (almost any other sector that you can think of) they know how to protest.
    Although I was disgusted with their methods during the "imported lamb" protests in 1990 - http://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/17/world/french-protest-of-sheep-imports-turns-ugly.html

Youngest and friend jumped the ditch into a neighbours place. They are regular visitors over the years :eek: :D

Base price wrote: »
    Youngest and friend jumped the ditch into a neighbours place. They are regular visitors over the years :eek: :D

What are ya doing taking our strawberries :D

frogloch wrote: »
    What are ya doing taking our strawberries :D
    Oh oh ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement