Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

Base price wrote: »
    Oh oh ;)

Ah in fairness I think wexford strawberries are grown all over the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

When I'm cleaning a Portasol dehorner, it is just the top I unscrew and clean the wee hole in the scoop? Was doing two for a neighbour today and it hadn't the same 'sharpness' I suppose you could call it, as ours has. It just didn't seem to heat as much.
    So looking at the two of them now and wondering how do I fcuk them up the least :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Kovu wrote: »
    When I'm cleaning a Portasol dehorner, it is just the top I unscrew and clean the wee hole in the scoop? Was doing two for a neighbour today and it hadn't the same 'sharpness' I suppose you could call it, as ours has. It just didn't seem to heat as much.
    So looking at the two of them now and wondering how do I fcuk them up the least :p
    The best answer there is to leave it the hell alone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

:P
    frogloch wrote: »
    Ah in fairness I think wexford strawberries are grown all over the country.
    I thought they only grew on the hard shoulder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

New timing belt for 97 corolla with 190 kon the clock would it be worth and how much

Any tax or test on it?
    If its really really straight, worth up to 700/800 euro.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Any tax or test on it?
    If its really really straight, worth up to 700/800 euro.

It's my own car just went through the test in march.didn't tink it would cost 7 or 8 hundred to get it done
    Few other things wrong with it shocks need doing bushings in front left wheel 2 and gear is a b1tch to get in to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

naughto wrote: »
    It's my own car just went through the test in march.didn't tink it would cost 7 or 8 hundred to get it done
    Few other things wrong with it shocks need doing bushings in front left wheel 2 and gear is a b1tch to get in to.

Is belt gone?? They are a non interference engine so i would just drive it til it does go. It is the 4efe engine yeah?? (Non vvtli)

Is belt gone?? They are a non interference engine so i would just drive it til it does go. It is the 4efe engine yeah?? (Non vvtli)

Belt is sound working away grand its a 4 efe engine
    Young !as got the tablet when I put it down

Took you up wrong there naughto. Thought you were asking how much the car would be worth if you were looking to buy it........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

New timing belt for 97 corolla with 190 kon the clock would it be worth and how much
    Ya worth doing for piece of mind I suppose but as said they are non interference so if it does snap it wont do any damage. They're cheap to do aswell as timing belts go so it's really up to yourself, less than 250 would be what i'd be thinking. Out of interest when was it last done? As i know men that have driven on original toyota timing belts for an awful long time without any bother. With regards the car your as far on keep it as you won't get a more reliable and simple run about no matter what ya upgrade to :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

whelan2 wrote: »
    We have visitors
    there's 6 of them today:eek:

Reinforcements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

With numbers increasing at that rate your onto a good thing, must surely be money to be made at that !! :)

My Paypal account got hacked and all the money in my account taken before I realised. Some wankshaft in Asia I assume as all the payments were in Chinese symbols. :mad:

Have to commend the customer service though, card cancelled, new one on the way and Paypal refund should be done in a couple of days too.

Had you actually bought anything from China in the past, or did they get it through the Pay Pal system?
    Quite worrying.

My Paypal account got hacked and all the money in my account taken before I realised. Some wankshaft in Asia I assume as all the payments were in Chinese symbols. :mad:

Have to commend the customer service though, card cancelled, new one on the way and Paypal refund should be done in a couple of days too.

PayPal don't hang around with this sh1te happens to there customers and it's only right to.
    I used to send my younger brother money when he moved to the queens crountry a few yrs back as he was getting it hard to get work.
    I sent quite a bit until I got an email frim they saying that I had to send my passport copy of my address a pint of blood you name it they wanted it and if I didn't I would be reported to revenu for money laundering. Got it sorted in the end but any thing over 2 grand they start asking questions.
    I only used them as avoids bank charges.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Had you actually bought anything from China in the past, or did they get it through the Pay Pal system?
    Quite worrying.

I use PayPal very little. The last time I used it was through Groupon to buy a powerbank for the phone. That site could have been dodgy so I'm going to email them about it just in case.

I use PayPal very little. The last time I used it was through Groupon to buy a powerbank for the phone. That site could have been dodgy so I'm going to email them about it just in case.

The wraith of Kovu has been released......

• Advertisement

PayPal don't hang around with this sh1te happens to there customers and it's only right to.
    I used to send my younger brother money when he moved to the queens crountry a few yrs back as he was getting it hard to get work.
    I sent quite a bit until I got an email frim they saying that I had to send my passport copy of my address a pint of blood you name it they wanted it and if I didn't I would be reported to revenu for money laundering. Got it sorted in the end but any thing over 2 grand they start asking questions.
    I only used them as avoids bank charges.

Had the same problem from selling too much on ebay lol

Had the same problem from selling too much on ebay lol

Trotter Inc :D

Reggie. wrote: »
    Trotter Inc :D

Just trying to get ahead reggie. Im over here to make money so if i can make a few quid on top of my salary i will. Pays for travel & maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

On a big plane home, weekend away while lads start silly season so don't have to be about if all goes wrong on first day!.
    Lovely ladies flying in am as an after thought

often get emails saying they are from paypal looking for info like bank account etc, total scams, had an issue with a payment before and paypal sorted it out. Did you discover it had been hacked or did paypal?

The wraith of Kovu has been released......

Can't do much about it from here. I can't imagine what would have happened if I was away from home or anything! I'm just glad I keep very little money money in that bank account as it's a day to day spending one.

(Nothing at all to do with spending it all online otherwise, nope...:o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Wankshaft.............thats a new one. Can I have a defination please Kovu as would like to use that one in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Wankshaft.............thats a new one. Can I have a defination please Kovu as would like to use that one in future.

Is it a bit like a crank shaft except the motion is a bit different ;) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I think i have one of them :D

Bullocks wrote: »
    I think i have one of them :D

Well worn at this stage I bet :D

Well worn at this stage I bet :D
    do you get a refund on a faulty wankshaft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

do you get a refund on a faulty wankshaft

Get the service engineer to have a look first

Wankshaft- /wæŋk/ʃɑːft/

Noun. A contemptible person. Derived from the words '****' and 'shaft' which to combine to indicate a person who is able to be wanked off in entirety i.e. A complete dick.

''That wankshaft over there tried to feel my arse so I kneed him in the goolies''

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

AP2014 wrote: »
    We ve been ordered to roll out the anti aircraft batteries :D

Wankshaft- /wæŋk/ʃɑːft/

Onamataopoeiac if ever a word was.

I deal with paypal on the website and find it very honest and secure, any messing and you get your money back. It really is a good service.. I have stripe as the CC payment, from what I've seen it's also a good system - started by two young irish lads too... Coining it I'd say !!

_Brian wrote: »
    I deal with paypal on the website and find it very honest and secure, any messing and you get your money back. It really is a good service.. I have stripe as the CC payment, from what I've seen it's also a good system - started by two young irish lads too... Coining it I'd say !!

Its great on ebay if buying second hand as they favour the customer

Caravan packed, jeep washed and dunged out, beer poured, kids in bed (but not asleep)

One more sleep and we're away :D

Caravan packed, jeep washed and dunged out, beer poured, kids in bed (but not asleep)

did ya pack that bale of hay for the protest pass?

mad jealous:o have a great time. 1 more sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

We ve been ordered to roll out the anti aircraft batteries :D

Plough a field, poke shot gun out the rear window?

AP2014 wrote: »

Working on a roof a few weeks ago and they would try to take the sandwhich out your hand . I'd say they weren't used to company up there and didn't like us in their personal space !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Blackgrass wrote: »

The gulls in question are the Great Blacked Backed gull(by far the biggest species) - not the small yolks that follow ploughs and silage mowers inland. The GBB gull rarely comes inland and usually hangs out around sea-birds colonies snacking on Puffins and other smaller sea-birds. They do occasionally attack small or weak lambs but twould be a rare enough event as they prefer "seafood" most of the time.

Birdnuts wrote: »
    . They do occasionally attack small or weak lambs but twould be a rare enough event as they prefer "seafood" most of the time.
    They were fierce fond of my granola yogurt when i opened it up :D

Bullocks wrote: »
    They were fierce fond of my granola yogurt when i opened it up :D

They'd be the more sophisticated urban gulls;)

ganmo wrote: »

I did something similar with a jackdaw at a driving range many moons ago - twas a far better drive though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

ganmo wrote: »

A BIRDIE:D

Blackgrass wrote: »

Ah close enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

frogloch wrote: »
    A BIRDIE:D

Maybe an Albatross?:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement