Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Bullocks wrote: »
    They were fierce fond of my granola yogurt when i opened it up :D

Far from "granola" you were reared I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Far from "granola" you were reared I'd say.

More like weanling ration :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Reggie. wrote: »
    More like weanling ration :D

and pulped beet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I've really moved up in the world since then alright lads . I can actually remember the father telling the mother not to buy any more cereal after he started buying flaked maize for the calves and I think he was half serious too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

tanko wrote: »
    Maybe an Albatross?:pac:

What ever about the albatross if you look at clip again he just missed an eagle.:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

frogloch wrote: »
    What ever about the albatross if you look at clip again he just missed an eagle.:eek::D

no interest in golf,

was in a pub one night with an old guy who in his day was fairly useful with the hurley

news was on the telly & showed a clip of someone putting a hole in 1 in some major tournament

"that was a good stroke" says I to your man
    "easy for him" says he "sure there was no one marking him" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

going to use kovus word . fecking wankshaft of a lorry driver nearly killed me, my kids and my mother today. He was on his phone, drifted over into my lane and there was a car to my left-on motorway-. Not often my mother uses bad language but this was a close one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

whelan2 wrote:
    going to use kovus word . fecking wankshaft of a lorry driver nearly killed me, my kids and my mother today. He was on his phone, drifted over into my lane and there was a car to my left-on motorway-. Not often my mother uses bad language but this was a close one

Hope you're all okay!

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hope you're all okay!
    just got a fright . How easy accidents happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

whelan2 wrote: »

Isnt it instant ban if on phone in hgv? Had a guy take complete front off our new transit on motorway and then fled the scene. Cousin would have been killed only for the fact he wasnt wearing a seatbelt.

• Advertisement

Isnt it instant ban if on phone in hgv? Had a guy take complete front off our new transit on motorway and then fled the scene. Cousin would have been killed only for the fact he wasnt wearing a seatbelt.
    duuno , but if i had been distracted with the kids in the back , we were dead.

duuno , but if i had been distracted with the kids in the back , we were dead.

Lucky. Tbh im bad for using phone when driving. Its my worst habit

Lucky. Tbh im bad for using phone when driving. Its my worst habit
    this was an artic tipper , we were just saying after neither of us got the reg, it was 94 mh but that was all i remember, things happen so quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Must be the day for crappy drivers, was on the N4 and there was some biddy toddling along with a tiny trailer at about 60-70kmph, out in the middle of the lane and oncoming traffic was horrendous and that particular stretch between Masonite and Carrick is very bendy so difficult to get a clear run.
    Well there must have been 20 cars built up by the time I managed to get by, gave up and passed out with an oncoming lorry. No fear of them pulling in over the yellow line to let me pass!! It's those type of drivers that cause accidents as you'd get so frustrated being stuck behind them.

Poor Mammy was trying to slide down the passenger seat as I let rip with a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep going by.

Kovu wrote: »
    Must be the day for crappy drivers, was on the N4 and there was some biddy toddling along with a tiny trailer at about 60-70kmph, out in the middle of the lane and oncoming traffic was horrendous and that particular stretch between Masonite and Carrick is very bendy so difficult to get a clear run.
    Well there must have been 20 cars built up by the time I managed to get by, gave up and passed out with an oncoming lorry. No fear of them pulling in over the yellow line!! It's those type of drivers that cause accidents as you'd get so frustrated being stuck behind them.

Poor Mammy was trying to slide down the passenger seat as I let rip with a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep going by.
    my mother was holding on to the oh **** handles on the door :rolleyes: was telling oh- who's a lorry driver- and he was :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Well there must have been 20 cars built up by the time I managed to get by, gave up and passed out with an oncoming lorry. No fear of them pulling in over the yellow line!! It's those type of drivers that cause accidents as you'd get so frustrated being stuck behind them
    I remember a lady telling me in the pub that she'd not pull into the hard shoulder to let traffic past, as she'd be evoking her insurance by driving on the hard shoulder. I said if you're 1/2 way, but she was having none of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

my mother was holding on to the oh **** handles on the door :rolleyes: was telling oh- who's a lorry driver- and he was :eek:

The mother calls them the Jesus handles :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Got a letter from ICBF telling me subsequent to genomic testing last year it turns out one of cows has an incorrect sire

How do I tell the poor girl her mother was a whore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Got a letter from ICBF telling me subsequent to genomic testing last year it turns out one of cows has an incorrect sire

I dunno Charlie, but I'd say you're one man with experience of such sticky situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

She will lead a happier life not knowing! They weighed a few of our calves last year and said they would send out a report in a few weeks but never heard anything back . I'd say we might have more than 1 incorrect sire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I do so much driving I set my car up with 2 dash cams. If someone crashed into me they will sort the truth from the lies.

If I am in the wrong...... Oh, they weren't plugged in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Maybe she has two mammy! It's legal now you know :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

I do so much driving I set my car up with 2 dash cams. If someone crashed into me they will sort the truth from the lies.

If I am in the wrong...... Oh, they weren't plugged in

Few guys starting to put dash cams on gear, a requirement almost for lads doing roadside hedges/verges

Blackgrass wrote: »
    Few guys starting to put dash cams on gear, a requirement almost for lads doing roadside hedges/verges

Even the guards use them on the motorbikes

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Red Cloud

Make hands free mandatory on HGV's for CVRT pass?

Just got a text off the AI man, he had five KOY straws arrive this evening for me :) Who was it that suggested him again? Thanks whoever it was!

Just got a text off the AI man, he had five KOY straws arrive this evening for me :) Who was it that suggested him again? Thanks whoever it was!
    he's working late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Is it me or is there something uplifting about standing in a meadow as grass is being baled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    Is it me or is there something uplifting about standing in a meadow as grass is being baled!

It certainly gives ya a pick-up, but don't get wrapped up in it
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Fair play to the contractor. Lifted 4 and 5 year olds up into the cab with him. Got a great buzz out of it. The kids I should say not the contractor !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Fair play to the contractor. Lifted 4 and 5 year olds up into the cab with him. Got a great buzz out of it. The kids I should say not the contractor !

"What's that for?"
    "Why did you do that"?
    or maybe "Daddy says you ..........."
    :)

he's working late :)

He's a good friend of mine too. Brings me breakfast rolls out of town :)

All kids love it.... would use the tractor & link box to do a few jobs i could do with the car purely because the young lad loves being in the tractor.

Weve started contract mowing lol

My Paypal account got hacked and all the money in my account taken before I realised. Some wankshaft in Asia I assume as all the payments were in Chinese symbols. :mad:

Have to commend the customer service though, card cancelled, new one on the way and Paypal refund should be done in a couple of days too.
    got caught here too today, first of all they took 30 dollars , then went in for 632 dollars:eek: bank fraud crowd rang me there have to cancel my card again and i will be refunded

• Advertisement

got caught here too today, first of all they took 30 dollars , then went in for 632 dollars:eek: bank fraud crowd rang me there have to cancel my card again and i will be refunded

Not a great week for you

They must have upped their game somehow!

Reggie. wrote: »
    Not a great week for you
    no harm having no card, it will stop me spending:o

OH not as stressed looking since :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

They hardly bought a powerwasher with their Ill gotten gains lol

• Advertisement

Whelan I forgot to ask if it was your PayPal as well? I'm trying to figure out how they accessed mine as I use it so rarely I normally have to have a few goes at the password before I hit the right one if I'm not using my own laptop which saves the password. It's even using an old Hotmail email which is also not used any more.
    I've a feeling my laptop was compromised somehow as the security on it wouldn't be great. So I did a major overhaul on passwords everywhere, changed to Avast security in place of ad aware.

Whelan I forgot to ask if it was your PayPal as well? I'm trying to figure out how they accessed mine as I use it so rarely I normally have to have a few goes at the password before I hit the right one if I'm not using my own laptop which saves the password. It's even using an old Hotmail email which is also not used any more.
    I've a feeling my laptop was compromised somehow as the security on it wouldn't be great. So I did a major overhaul on passwords everywhere, changed to Avast security in place of ad aware.
    no not my paypal account, it was my visa debit card. I have been getting emails from paypal for a while, i dont even open them as i assume they are scams

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

no not my paypal account, it was my visa debit card. I have been getting emails from paypal for a while, i dont even open them as i assume they are scams

Happened in Nenagh BoI last sept too, about 30 ppl were cleaned out. The thieves used some sort of card reader on an atm. Everyone else had to get a new card. How was your paypal robbed?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

My bro studied comp sci and he never trusted PayPal for some reason.
    The one thing I have learned is that no online security is secure, if someone thinks they can make money by hacking they will break in eventually.
    In the past one of my email accs was hacked so now I use that for all the spam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

He's a good friend of mine too. Brings me breakfast rolls out of town :)

He could be looking to use his own straw on ya kovu

naughto wrote: »
    He could be looking to use his own straw on ya kovu

Hahahahaha. He knows better than that as he's known me all my life! He'd get a right clatter across the head with whatever came to hand first. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Surprised there isn't a bit of chat somewhere here about the 'new' TAMS II schemes.....or have I missed it on another thread??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

jaysus I'm bolloxed.

visatorro wrote: »
    jaysus I'm bolloxed.

Sorry :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement