Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »
    All the above too noisy lads. What ya need is a good sniper team

Bazooka :D

That poor wee baby calf, they all came up to beside the house last night, that's through three mucky (very mucky!) gaps and a rather steep hill.

It's panned out just in front of the kitchen window now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Got a bit of sunburn on the legs, this sun is tough work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Got a bit of sunburn on the legs, this sun is tough work.

Well I ate too much for dinner so we are even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Kovu wrote: »
    Bazooka :D

That poor wee baby calf, they all came up to beside the house last night, that's through three mucky (very mucky!) gaps and a rather steep hill.

It's panned out just in front of the kitchen window now.
    any sign of the dogs today?

whelan2 wrote: »
    any sign of the dogs today?

Nope. But I know my neighbour called up to the owner yesterday and said if he sees them near his horses again, they won't be coming home except in a bag :eek:
    And I thought I had a temper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Kovu wrote: »
    Nope. But I know my neighbour called up to the owner yesterday and said if he sees them near his horses again, they won't be coming home except in a bag :eek:
    And I thought I had a temper!

That sounds reasonable to me.

ganmo wrote: »
    That sounds reasonable to me.

+1

boards is playing up again:mad:

boards is playing up again:mad:

Wouldn't let me attach stuff yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Winter barley is being cut today. Happy faces everywhere (apart from a sunk trailer haha).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Half way through a world tour of Waterford , lismore and dungarvan is lovely part of the country, if only they would speak English it would be the perfect spot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Half way through a world tour of Waterford , lismore and dungarvan is lovely part of the country, if only they would speak English it would be the perfect spot,

I brought a waterford girl home one time and the father was convinced she was a traveller :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Bullocks wrote: »
    I brought a waterford girl home one time and the father was convinced she was a traveller :D

Nothing to do with her accent, he prob just thought she had to be a traveller to come home with you

Welcome back! We didn't really miss you! :p

Nothing to do with her accent, he prob just thought she had to be a traveller to come home with you

Nothing wrong with travellers. "Lob it in ta me boss " :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

any one doing exciting for bank holiday? iv had a hectic last month so all quiet. am working later on + tomorrow

visatorro wrote: »
    any one doing exciting for bank holiday? iv had a hectic last month so all quiet. am working later on + tomorrow

Heading to castlepollard vintage show today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Nah - it just started lashing here, and it's as dark.
    It's not that cold, but still that miserable sort of day that you'd lite a fire nearly....

cooking a quiche and chocolate cake :) forgot i turned cooker up and cake got burnt so doing it again now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Heading up home to visit the parents, 2 hr drive but worth it for mammys dinner!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Heading up home to visit the parents, 2 hr drive but worth it for mammys dinner!!!

Nothing beats being home. I find the homesickness is the worst on the days i have feck all to do

Kildare game today. Strangelt i was in manchester when kildare beat kerry the last time in 1998 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Kildare game today. Strangelt i was in manchester when kildare beat kerry the last time in 1998 :)

And they won't be beating them again today! That's some pasting they're getting.

hope the next game is a bit closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

looking for 4 (matching as close as possible) natural stone pillars for gate posts , would need to be about 7 foot ,

any pointers

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

cooking a quiche and chocolate cake :) forgot i turned cooker up and cake got burnt so doing it again now

Quiche and chocolate in a cake, what sort of a combination is that at all :P :P :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

orm0nd wrote: »
    looking for 4 (matching as close as possible) natural stone pillars for gate posts , would need to be about 7 foot ,

any pointers

thanks

Stick up a pic of what you are thinking of.

One piece or cut stone ones caps and stuff

Im off home to take off the jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

hope the next game is a bit closer

Not looking good, to be fair they'd a massive challenge without the massive wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

What a load of non competive bull the gaa in general has become.
    Time for a rethink in structure in both codes.
    Colm Parkinson's idea not to bad at least lads get games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

any pointers

thanks

http://www.donedeal.ie/buildingmaterials-for-sale/traditional-irish-limestone-gate-posts/9927110

Zr105 wrote: »
    Quiche and chocolate in a cake, what sort of a combination is that at all :P :P :P :D

Very chocolaty cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Yep, going goodo.

Good man. Head gasket wasn't it ? 4240 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Only a 3140. Yeah head gasket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Odelay wrote: »
    And they won't be beating them again today! That's some pasting they're getting.

Great to see Darren O Sullivan back and fit. He still has the electric pace he always had.
    The Gooch looks to be coming back to form too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

Only a 3140. Yeah head gasket.

Lad near here still has one of them and a 3640 drawing silage. Smooth runners.

Very chocolaty cake

Keep me some :)

dzer2 wrote: »
    Stick up a pic of what you are thinking of.

One piece or cut stone ones caps and stuff

one piece

Thanks

something like the ad. I saw slate straight from the quarry & it looks very well, very hard to get in the length I want though

hope to get the old type blacksmith gates

one piece

Thanks

something like the ad. I saw slate straight from the quarry & it looks very well, very hard to get in the length I want though

hope to get the old type blacksmith gates

What width? I have 2 old forge made gates at home. Would sell 1.

What width? I have 2 old forge made gates at home. Would sell 1.

at least 12 foot , ,2 X 6 foot double something like example no 2 in the link (blacksmith gates) but with more design

http://www.built2last.ie/#!entrance-gates/c1jej

• Advertisement

Young lad spilt a glass of water over the laptop yesterday. It has just died

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Young lad spilt a glass of water over the laptop yesterday. It has just died

Turn off straight away, open and let dry for at least 48 hours before attempting to turn on again.

AP2014 wrote: »
    Turn off straight away, open and let dry for at least 48 hours before attempting to turn on again.

yep take off battery & smallest room available with doors closed & a dehumidifier to 40%

ive a serious migraine since i woke up. Id say were going to get a storm

ive a serious migraine since i woke up. Id say were going to get a storm

We got fair wind and rain last night , the wife and one of the young lads were dying with sinuses the day before .
    This is January weather we are getting

Bullocks wrote: »
    We got fair wind and rain last night , the wife and one of the young lads were dying with sinuses the day before .
    This is January weather we are getting

I usually get a bad migraine before a storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Made it back from galway in one piece. Did anyone else head up for a few days ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Made it back from galway in one piece. Did anyone else head up for a few days ?

Would you believe l have never set foot in ballybrit race course! Grumpy old man syndrome has developed over the years too and hate all the elbows and drinking out of plastic glasses on the streets! l hope you enjoyed it though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Muckit wrote: »
    Would you believe l have never set foot in ballybrit race course! Grumpy old man syndrome has developed over the years too and hate all the elbows and drinking out of plastic glasses on the streets! l hope you enjoyed it though :D

There was racing aswell ??!!.. haha we only went racing the 1 day. Mighty craic.. 20 of us went up and stayed in student accommodation. 17 of us stayed in a 8 bedroom house. A fair bit of a squeeze

• Advertisement

As it's all cleared up with the garda now I can tell ye what happened to me sat night.
    I was all alone in my place in dublin, roasted in the bed so my window was open. Only fooking woke up as a lad climbed in the window! ! So I grab the Leatherman, let a roar out of me and go after him. He trips over an extension cord that I have for the tablet and faceplants into the ground. Plenty of time for me to find the blade and dial 999 to get gardai.
    He then leapt up and ran for it but unfortunately ran into the bathroom which has a Window he definitely wasn't squeezing out of. So it ended with me sitting outside the bathroom waiting for the guards, in my underwear, with my little Leatherman! Poor ****er. He was only about 17 id say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement