Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'd do it myself but young people just wouldn't like it !

Yeti spotted in Galway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

feed of mushrooms on the aga now , yummy

whelan2 wrote: »
    feed of mushrooms on the aga now , yummy

Tripped over a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

In the real world it stands for Damp Proof Membrane. ...... and I'm sticking to image of Kovu with a hard hat and a trowel

That's Halloween sorted so....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Told the boss to go and **** himself and walked out of work this am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Had enough?
    I dunno how ya stuck it this long in the first place!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

What work where you doing

IH784man wrote: »
    What work where you doing

General Dogs body :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Feck that

IH784man wrote: »
    Feck that

Ah he's a bit more than that but seemed to be a dogs body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Reggie. wrote: »
    Neighbour rang in a panic. Tractor free wheeled across the yard and slipped into a river that runs along side the yard. Called down. Weighted up the 398 and thankfully out she came :)

More browny points built up :D

saw an unoccupied skoda octavia creeping across the car park in Lidl last week , anyhow came to a halt with no harm done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

I tell the boss to go **** himself most mornings and then head for tea. Luxury of the public sector!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

AP2014 wrote: »
    I tell the boss to go **** himself most mornings and then head for tea. Luxury of the public sector!

I see that craic wit the wife in the hospital and if it's a good enough row they take a few days off from stress !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

What's the plan now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

What's the plan now ?

hes been flat ringing me all day. i wont amswer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

I see that craic wit the wife in the hospital and if it's a good enough row they take a few days off from stress !

A joke alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

hes been flat ringing me all day. i wont amswer

A big pay rise might be on the cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

just back from banna bay ,what a hole :mad:. anyone farming down that way ,as it was probably me looking over the gate or ditch all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

leg wax wrote: »
    just back from banna bay ,what a hole :mad:. anyone farming down that way ,as it was probably me looking over the gate or ditch all week.

What was up in banana beach , you picked a good week for it
    What did you think of the farming anyway ,nice bit of small tillage farms up there as well as small intensive dairy farms ,smashing place in fine weather.
    Give us a lowdown on what you taught about the farmers in the local villages anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

leg wax wrote: »
    :D

Did you not get into Pirate Petes again?

You should have PMed me, I was fencing most of the week and was short a bit of a hand. And only 4 miles away;). I'd even make tea...

I'll save a bit for next year, shall I?

:D

Did you not get into Pirate Petes again?

You should have PMed me, I was fencing most of the week and was short a bit of a hand. And only 4 miles away;). I'd even make tea...

I'll save a bit for next year, shall I?

With friends like you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Just finished a day and a half of mechanic-ing. Changed front and back shocks, back brake pads and oil and filter of my passat, and two new front tyres. Just the timing belt left to do.
    Changed oil and filter in the OHs car and got two new front tyres too. NCT failed on a wing mirror indicator lens with a inch long crack. Timing belt to be done on this car too.... Hopefully next week.

Warning to everyone. cars are expensive fecking yokes (even if you do the work yourself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just finished a day and a half of mechanic-ing. Changed front and back shocks, back brake pads and oil and filter of my passat, and two new front tyres. Just the timing belt left to do.
    Changed oil and filter in the OHs car and got two new front tyres too. NCT failed on a wing mirror indicator lens with a inch long crack. Timing belt to be done on this car too.... Hopefully next week.

Warning to everyone. cars are expensive fecking yokes (even if you do the work yourself)

That's a serious amount f work. We really try and spread it out so it's not such a bit all at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You must hammer the road dar!! Never heard of having to change 4 shocks at once. I've a nine year old car. Haven't touched suspension or rear pads.

Only time l pulled out shocks was when swopping in lowering springs when I was in to all that lark. Handy out with a cheap set of spring compressors.

Muckit wrote: »
    You must hammer the road dar!! Never heard of having to change 4 shocks at once. I've a nine year old car. Haven't touched suspension or rear pads.

Only time l pulled out shocks was when swopping in lowering springs when I was in to all that lark. Handy out with a cheap set of spring compressors.

183,000 miles (not kms) on a 09 passat. Back shocks were gone for a few weeks and noticed oil leaking from one in the front, so did the full transplant.
    The last mile of public road to my house is 1 lane wide with grass growing up the middle, that's what really f's up the shocks.

• Advertisement

It's amazing how things are so different. Middle of our holiday in France and about 40 caravans if travellers arrive in the nearest town and set up on public land. I kept an eye as I was cycling past each day.
    Day after they arrived wheelie bins appeared.

No litter, no scrap, no rubbish around at all. They really were so tidy they put their irish cousins to shame.

I went past the day they cleared off and not as much as a sweet paper left.

They had lots of ladders and stuff so I expect they were painting or washing or roofing repairs etc.

It's not a traveller bashing post, but it just shows things don't need to be so bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

why did the farmer win the Noble prize ........
    Because he was out standing in his field :)

Have we any leccy's in the forum? Or anyone who knows more than me :pac:

The fusebox in our pumphouse got damp, I dunno how, perhaps a rogue swallow píssed on it but it's caused the connection between the fuse and live bit to corrode. New fusebox needed or can I just sand the fuse and clean it for now? It's sparking in the box when connected :eek: & sporadically causing our mains fence to go off, along with the water to the houses and drinkers.

anyone watching the golf?

Fillowing it on t'internet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Yes great stuff

I said wrote: »
    Yes great stuff
    got kids up out of bed to watch it, fingers crossed

He's one guy that everyone wants to win. 5 holes to go and 2 shots ahead. G'wan ta f***

Kovu wrote: »

The fusebox in our pumphouse got damp, I dunno how, perhaps a rogue swallow píssed on it but it's caused the connection between the fuse and live bit to corrode. New fusebox needed or can I just sand the fuse and clean it for now? It's sparking in the box when connected :eek: & sporadically causing our mains fence to go off, along with the water to the houses and drinkers.

best get a sparkie (electrican) and install a rcd (Tripswitch) and enclose it inside a water proof box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

got kids up out of bed to watch it, fingers crossed

Just got rid of sky sports last month after having it in for 5 years Fecking typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

He's one guy that everyone wants to win. 5 holes to go and 2 shots ahead. G'wan ta f***

He's a great bit of stuff. A great Offaly man from a great GAA family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

One car I used to hate doing a timing belt on was the passat if I can remember correctly the front bumper has to come off and you have feck all room to work

Get it dry.
    Switch off power to fuse box
    Clean up fuse and contact in box
    Sometimes the fuse is a bit loose when tigtened, fit a copper coin in first as a spacer.

Or get a sparks.
    Figure out how it got wet.

trixi2011 wrote: »
    One car I used to hate doing a timing belt on was the passat if I can remember correctly the front bumper has to come off and you have feck all room to work

I did it on my car about 2 years ago and i don't think we touched the bumper. I just removed the plastic fairing around the drivers side wheel to get access to the main pully

_Brian wrote: »
    Get it dry.
    Sometimes the fuse is a bit loose when tigtened, fit a copper coin in first as a spacer.

Or get a sparks.
    I thought fuse boxes were obsolete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I have to pull out a fuse to turn off the fencer. Most fuse boards have been replaced by trip switches but there's plenty of fuse boards still hanging in

can the fuses still be bought, before we replaced the fuseboards a few years ago there didnt seem to be too many places selling them anymore?

still a few around,

& then you hear how people get electrocuted with a power washer or cattle at a feed barrier

should be banned & part of the cross compliance inspection, would make more sense that some of the items they inspect

can the fuses still be bought, before we replaced the fuseboards a few years ago there didnt seem to be too many places selling them anymore?

Still available from what I know, haven't needed to buy any in a while..
    AFAIK all new installations must be MCB's but there has been no directive that fuse boards must be changed (open to correction on that though).

Get it dry.

Or get a sparks.

Oh it's bone dry in there now, I think the door blew in one really stormy day and it got rain on it. I turned off the power in the home house and tried to scrape the corrosion in the box at the point of contact but it's quite stubborn, the fusebox itself is just a single screw in type. The fuse is definitely not loose when tightened, it's pretty much like this- http://img.weiku.com/a/002/693/Screw_fuse_holder_fuse_base_D_type_fuse_box_9229_2.jpg and we screw the fuse in there.

Is it possible to just get a new base for it or would they be sold anymore? Can get a guy to look at it either as it probably needs an outdoor protective holder in case it happens again. There is a plastic box around it but.....it's not so much a box any more as a decorative surround.

Oh it's bone dry in there now, I think the door blew in one really stormy day and it got rain on it. I turned off the power in the home house and tried to scrape the corrosion in the box at the point of contact but it's quite stubborn, the fusebox itself is just a single screw in type. The fuse is definitely not loose when tightened, it's pretty much like this- http://img.weiku.com/a/002/693/Screw_fuse_holder_fuse_base_D_type_fuse_box_9229_2.jpg and we screw the fuse in there.

Is it possible to just get a new base for it or would they be sold anymore? Can get a guy to look at it either as it probably needs an outdoor protective holder in case it happens again. There is a plastic box around it but.....it's not so much a box any more as a decorative surround.

While I'd say its probably possible to get a replacement part it would be much the same cost for an mcb/elcb unit that should be IP55 rated for dust and damp.. If its badly corroded I'd vote for getting it changed for peace of mind.

While I'd say its probably possible to get a replacement part it would be much the same cost for an mcb/elcb unit that should be IP55 rated for dust and damp.. If its badly corroded I'd vote for getting it changed for peace of mind.

I.......think I'll call a fella.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You could try tinkering at it with the ... ahem...leatherman :D sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Spent a bit of the morning there fiddling with an Audi A4's horn.
    Fuse is okay, relay is okay, still no beep beep. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Spent a bit of the morning there fiddling with an Audi A4's horn.
    Fuse is okay, relay is okay, still no beep beep. Any ideas?

Heh heh heh.

Maybe it's just a bit insecure, tell it you love it and that it happens to every AudiA4 at some point. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement