Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solpadeine addiction

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My uncle's wife has an addiction to them

I'm surprised he isn't as she's a pain in the hole and would give anyone a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

I used to live with a girl with a codeine addiction. She used to go through about a pack a day. She also used to drink cough syrup that contained codeine.

I suffer from migraines, so I store tablets at work, in the car and at home just in case. I got a pretty bad one once and because the window of opportunity to take something and reduce it to a bad headache is about half an hour, because she had eaten all of my painkillers, I spent 4 days lying in bed, throwing up, wanting to die.

Her boyfriend eventually forced her to get sorted. My friend is a pharmacist. She will offer us every option before codeine. Addiction is rife apparently. She said that people experience pain and discomfort as part of the addiction and will keep taking the tablets to make themselves feel better. Before you know it, you are addicted. I do take codeine but only at the onset of a migraine, which is usually about four times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There was lovely radio play I heard, maybe 2 years ago, about solpadeine addiction, for anyone interested : "Solpadeine is my boyfriend" by Stefanie Preissner. I actually love the rte stories on a long drive, and this really held my attention. Can't remember how long it was.

http://www.rte.ie/drama/radio/plays/life/2012/1109/647251-genres-life-solpadeineismyboyfriend/

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Codeine is no joke folks, after a bad car accident 10yrs ago I had 2 ruptured disc in my back a shattered leg broken in 3 places plus muscle and tendon damage I wont even get into I was in serious pain so Dr put me on codeine I took it as much as I needed to numb the pain but noticeable the amount I needed was increasing every week to get the same effect, this went on for 18months till I decided I was developing a problem with them! So chucked the in the bin and thought nothing of it, well about 24/36 hours later I was in bits stomach cramps explosive diarrhoea aches and pains in joints and flu like feeling, this went on fkr 4/5 days started to come round then! But I never touched it again exercise and normal pain killers are all I use now,

Advertisement