Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Dublin venue/hotel for an international tech event

Options
  • 05-05-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all,

(apologies in advance if this is not the right place to post this)

We are organizing a tech event in Dublin, in early November, with participants from all over Europe, and we're looking for a place to host it, plus accommodation for the participants. What we'd need is:

1) A large-ish room, I'd say about 50 sq.m minimum, with enough power plugs

2) An hotel that could give us a discount rate if we reserve about 15-20 rooms

Ideally we'd like 1 and 2 to be in the same place (many hotels have large meeting rooms), but we'd be open to suggestions.

Other considerations:

a) Being on the core of the city is not essential, but as many visitors have never been to Dublin, transport to the centre would be ideal. Even hotels close to the airport would be considered as long as there's available transport.

b) About 40% of participants will come from the UK, and a percentage of those will be driving, so parking is essential on the hotel/venue.

c) Because Dublin is an expensive city, we're not looking for hotels of 4 stars or over.

A bit more about the event: The Kick Off 2 World Cup has been occurring yearly all over Europe since 2002. UK, Italy, Greece, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany have hosted in the past and this year Ireland won the bid. More info at alkis.org/ecups.html

Looking forward to hearing everyone's suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

An airport on the Aircoach route would make life easier for those flying in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Be sure you do performance testing / have assurances on the wifi at whatever venue you pick!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My first thought was the CityWest Hotel.
    No idea on their prices.
    69 bus or LUAS to Saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Is the event on the same time as Web Summit? If so you need to be aware that Hotel prices go up steeply for this event and I would be surprised if you got a discount during this period.

If it is not the same time then I would recommend Citywest as per previous suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Crowne Plaza Santry,

They have the meeting rooms, they have the multi story car park, its 5 minutes from the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

TheRover wrote: »
    Hi all,

(apologies in advance if this is not the right place to post this)

We are organizing a tech event in Dublin, in early November, with participants from all over Europe, and we're looking for a place to host it, plus accommodation for the participants. What we'd need is:

1) A large-ish room, I'd say about 50 sq.m minimum, with enough power plugs

2) An hotel that could give us a discount rate if we reserve about 15-20 rooms

Ideally we'd like 1 and 2 to be in the same place (many hotels have large meeting rooms), but we'd be open to suggestions.

Other considerations:

a) Being on the core of the city is not essential, but as many visitors have never been to Dublin, transport to the centre would be ideal. Even hotels close to the airport would be considered as long as there's available transport.

b) About 40% of participants will come from the UK, and a percentage of those will be driving, so parking is essential on the hotel/venue.

c) Because Dublin is an expensive city, we're not looking for hotels of 4 stars or over.

A bit more about the event: The Kick Off 2 World Cup has been occurring yearly all over Europe since 2002. UK, Italy, Greece, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany have hosted in the past and this year Ireland won the bid. More info at alkis.org/ecups.html

Looking forward to hearing everyone's suggestions! Thanks in advance!

I think I know the perfect place. ReGenerator in Smithfield. The Zerodays CTF was on there a few weeks ago. Its a hostel but its by far the best hostel I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

How many participants?
    A crucial consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

This post has been deleted.

That is definitely an option, any experience with any of them?
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    Be sure you do performance testing / have assurances on the wifi at whatever venue you pick!!

Thanks for the suggestion, but WiFi may not be required. :)
    Tabnabs wrote: »
    An airport on the Aircoach route would make life easier for those flying in.

Sounds like a good idea. Any suggestion?
    spurious wrote: »
    My first thought was the CityWest Hotel.
    No idea on their prices.
    69 bus or LUAS to Saggart.
    Is the event on the same time as Web Summit? If so you need to be aware that Hotel prices go up steeply for this event and I would be surprised if you got a discount during this period.

If it is not the same time then I would recommend Citywest as per previous suggestion.

Not at same time as Web Summit, thanks for reminding me. I'll check CityWest, thanks!
    Crowne Plaza Santry,

They have the meeting rooms, they have the multi story car park, its 5 minutes from the airport.

Thanks, sounds great! Will contact them.
    syklops wrote: »
    I think I know the perfect place. ReGenerator in Smithfield. The Zerodays CTF was on there a few weeks ago. Its a hostel but its by far the best hostel I have ever seen.

Will check them as well, thank you! :) Why does it stand out so much for you?
    How many participants?
    A crucial consideration.

We're aiming for 30 participants, several possibly bringing +1 (will be the first time many of them visit Dublin). So between double, twin and single bedrooms, probably 20 rooms or so.

Advertisement