Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self-build

Options
  • 05-05-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

Just a general question - do you need a deposit to get a mortgage for a self build when the site is in your name.
    My husband also has a site in his name in another county so can these both be used as deposit.

We have small children so its hard to save with childcare fees etc.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I may be corrected on this but I was recently told by EBS that the site I was buying could be used as the 20% deposit for a self build

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

GenGenie wrote: »
    Hi,

Just a general question - do you need a deposit to get a mortgage for a self build when the site is in your name.
    My husband also has a site in his name in another county so can these both be used as deposit.

We have small children so its hard to save with childcare fees etc.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

It'll depend on the loan to value ratio. If your site is worth a fair bit you have more wiggle room. If you cannot afford to save a deposit though it does not look favourably for you with regards to stress testing.

Advertisement