Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been travelling for two years am I entitled to a grantif I go back to college

Options
  • 05-05-2015 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,

I have been travelling for two years to build self confidence and maturity.
    I would like to go back to college but I don't know if I can afford it.
    Am I entitled to any grants or funding to help me pay for my tuition.
    Any feed back would be great.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

J3wny wrote: »
    Hey,

I have been travelling for two years to build self confidence and maturity.
    I would like to go back to college but I don't know if I can afford it.
    Am I entitled to any grants or funding to help me pay for my tuition.
    Any feed back would be great.

Cheers

You don't say what you did before but it seems you have already been to college. Did you complete a degree and want to do a masters or did you start a degree that you now want to complete?
    If the latter is the case you are probably entitled to a grant, otherwise possibly not unless you can demonstrate some special case.
    Young people often seem to just take off travelling without considering what happens in the future and sometimes it goes against them if they leave the system. Normally a primary degree will recieve funding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 J3wny

I have previously studied a Bachelor of Arts but I only did one and a half years.
    Being young and immature and not really looking into what I had to do to withdraw, i just left my course without informing the university which in my opinion was a big mistake.

I am hoping to go back to study energy engineering but don't think I could afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 J3wny

Thank you for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Contact the university and ask the question. You may only be entitled to finish your BA, the problem as you say was not applying to defer your course which they would not appreciate but you won't be the first or last to have done that. the official attitude will be that you took up a place that someone else could have had but every course has shrinkage for a group of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

J3wny wrote: »
    I have previously studied a Bachelor of Arts but I only did one and a half years.
    Being young and immature and not really looking into what I had to do to withdraw, i just left my course without informing the university which in my opinion was a big mistake.

I am hoping to go back to study energy engineering but don't think I could afford it.
    You def will be paying full fees for one year and most likely a second year of any course that you do.
    Have to contact institution you left and get details exactly right re you leaving but best bet is contact admissions office of where you want to attend

• Advertisement
Advertisement