Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I receive anything as a mature student if I have been travelling for two years?

Options
  • 05-05-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,

I have been travelling for two years and I would like to go back to college in Ireland.
    I was wondering am I eligible getting a grant or back to school allowance as I have been away.
    I have been working a few jobs here and there to pay for my travels but I am currently working to pay for my return home.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Funding can depend on circumstances. For Back to Education Allowance to go to college/university as a general rule to qualify you need 234 signing days on a payment like Jobseekers, be aged 21 or older and not be repeating a level of qualification you already hold (some exceptions to this).

For the SUSI grant you need to have Irish or EU nationality, be living in Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years, be progressing in education and satisfy a means test.

This is just a snapshot. there are other criteria that you may have to meet depending on your own circumstances but these are the main ones.

Advertisement