Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation: Kennels for Staffies?

• 05-05-2015 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

anyone got any recommendation for kennels for 2 staffies?

I just rang half a dozen kennels and none of them will take Staffordshire bull terriers :mad:

Their loss :rolleyes: - but looking for recommendations in the Dublin area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi guys,

anyone got any recommendation for kennels for 2 staffies?

I just rang half a dozen kennels and none of them will take Staffordshire bull terriers :mad:

Their loss :rolleyes: - but looking for recommendations in the Dublin area.

Try these.
    http://www.blackberryrambles.com/

My 3 rotties go there all the time. Its a fab place and they love it. Its not a huge kennels so your dogs get plenty of attention and walks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If you'll travel to Kilcullen I'd recommend the kennels there. The owner of the kennels has his own Staffies. They're all mad as hatters lol.

I used to work there and am happy to leave my two there when I go away because I know what level of care is expected by the kennel owner.

I don't think there is a website but I can pm you his number if you like.

As with all kennels, I'd recommend you make sure you visit and are happy with the facilities before booking. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Whispered wrote: »
    If you'll travel to Kilcullen I'd recommend the kennels there. The owner of the kennels has his own Staffies. They're all mad as hatters lol.

I used to work there and am happy to leave my two there when I go away because I know what level of care is expected by the kennel owner.

I don't think there is a website but I can pm you his number if you like.

As with all kennels, I'd recommend you make sure you visit and are happy with the facilities before booking. :)

Thanks Whispered - PM me the number for future reference - I'm off the hook as far as kennels are concerned this time, her mam is going to take them this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Whispered, can you PM me the name/number of the kennels in Kilcullen too please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

OP what reason do the kennel owners give for not taking staffies?

Is the OP allowed to name the kennels that are seemingly discriminating against staffies?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

As I understand it, some kennels simply cannot get insurance to take in the restricted breeds, so from that point of view it's beyond their control.

DBB wrote: »
    As I understand it, some kennels simply cannot get insurance to take in the restricted breeds, so from that point of view it's beyond their control.

Wasn't aware of this - the mrs done the ring around yesterday

Shame really as I've owned tem my entire life and never had any issues - they are a frowned upon breed in the UK/Ireland but very highly regarded in the likes of Australia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Hey OP, I send my chap to Moynalvey Kennels - it's near Kilcock - and the last time I was there, he had a staffie. It's a farm, I never see more than 10-15 dogs there (including his own) so they get plenty of attention and outdoor running around time, plus their rates are very reasonable. Can't recommend them enough if it's not too far away for you.

The Cool wrote: »
    Hey OP, I send my chap to Moynalvey Kennels - it's near Kilcock - and the last time I was there, he had a staffie. It's a farm, I never see more than 10-15 dogs there (including his own) so they get plenty of attention and outdoor running around time, plus their rates are very reasonable. Can't recommend them enough if it's not too far away for you.

Thanks for the recommendation - I'm ok for this time but it might help some else in the future ;)

Advertisement