Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Alarm battery replacement

Options
  • 05-05-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a house rigged up with eircom alarm independently(not connected with phone watch). The battery on one of the points(front door) is low and beeping. I've been quoted a very high price by eircom over the phone for the call out part. Is there anything that could be done to make the call out charge more reasonable?. Feel free to pm me. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

califano wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a house rigged up with eircom alarm independently(not connected with phone watch). The battery on one of the points(front door) is low and beeping. I've been quoted a very high price by eircom over the phone for the call out part. Is there anything that could be done to make the call out charge more reasonable?. Feel free to pm me. 

Thanks
    Hi califano

I have been advised that eircom no longer arrange call outs for Alarm issues and phonewatch is no longer operated or owned by eircom. Can you confirm who/which department previously offered you the quote for the call out?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

califano wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi califano

I have been advised that eircom no longer arrange call outs for Alarm issues and phonewatch is no longer operated or owned by eircom. Can you confirm who/which department previously offered you the quote for the call out?

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, i didnt know it wasnt run by Eircom anymore. I should have said phonewatch.ie quoted me €200 call out and €50 for the battery. 

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its the older Simon or Concord panels then you can get any PSA licenced installer to take a look at this for you. Shop around the price you have been quoted seems a bit on the dear side IMO.
    You will also get some good help & advice over here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks Koolkid yes its the older one. Some good nuggets on that forum and during that found online a decent askaboutmoney forum thread on the battery and where to get it. The exact same SAFT Lithium battery for £3.45 in Amazonuk. Ordered a couple so see how it goes. Some happy reports by some who bought them that the battery works so worth a try. 
    Ill try your suggestion if this doesnt work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

KoolKid wrote: »
    If its the older Simon or Concord panels then you can get any PSA licenced installer to take a look at this for you. Shop around the price you have been quoted seems a bit on the dear side IMO.
    You will also get some good help & advice over here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366
    Thanks for you contribution here KoolKid :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement