Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New connection

Options
  • 05-05-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi.

I was an Electric Ireland Customer until February this year.
    I am moving home on Saturday, May 9th.
    The existing tenant is an Electric Ireland Customer.
    He will be giving me the meter reading and his forwarding details.

Can I sign up online on Saturday or do I need to go through the call centre ?

Thanks. Terrie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi terriepodonnell,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

You can sign up via our switching page which would require setting up direct debit; this is how to avail of discounts also.

If you do not intend to pay by direct debit, you would need to register via a customer service advisor - you can do so by private message here on Boards.ie if you like. We are online Monday to Friday until 6pm (same for our Facebook and Twitter).

Our Customer Service phone advisor colleagues are at 1850 372 372 until 8pm Monday to Saturday. We can register you here on Boards on the Monday though, if you would prefer that - just ensure to take note of the meter-reading on the Saturday.

To register your account, you would be required to provide the meter-reading at the point you move in (this is the same as the meter-reading at the point the existing tenant moves out - unless you are not moving in until some time after they move out), the electricity MPRN (meter point reference number) of the property, the address in full, and your previous Electric Ireland account number (which can be reopened for you).

If you wish to have gas supply with Electric Ireland, the required details would be similar: just the gas meter-reading and the gas point reference number (GPRN).

Do let us know if you would like any further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement