Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 Not Charging

• 05-05-2015 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Since Sunday, my iPhone 6 will not charge. I'm very surprised as I had not dropped it or let it near water since it's last charge so it has me baffled.

Each time I plug it in to charge (have tried both plug and USB, and several cables), I'll sometimes get the battery pop up with the little bit of red, which usually means to charge it a bit more and then it'll turn on. Other times, nothing happens at all.

I've tried clearing the port out from lint and cannot see anymore in there.

The phone is only 5 weeks old, will this lead to Apple giving me a new one or will I have to wait for this one to be returned? Also, can I drop into a registered Apple reseller (like CompuB) or will it need to be sent away?

I'm unable to ruing CompuB to find out for myself as I'm obviously currently phoneless! Has this happened to anyone else before?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Do a hard reset first. Hold down the power button and the home button together until it restarts. Then just leave it on charge for an hour or so, and see what happens. No point involving the like of CompuB as they will only send it off the Apple anyway. Ring Apple tech support, tells them its only 5 weeks old, and ask that they waive the Express replacement fee of €29. They will still block your credit card for €700+ until they receive the original back. They look after all the couriers etc.

Advertisement