Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible CPU upgrade

Options
  • 05-05-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Considering upgrading my CPU, just wasn't sure if it was going to be possible or even worthwhile. Current setup:

Core i5 750 2.66 GHz - LGA 1156
    12GB 1333 RAM
    Sapphire Radeon HD7880 2GB GHz edition GPU

Would it even be worthwhile trying to get my hands on one of the i7 processors for slot LGA 1156?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Star Lord wrote: »
    Hey all,

Considering upgrading my CPU, just wasn't sure if it was going to be possible or even worthwhile. Current setup:

Core i5 750 2.66 GHz - LGA 1156
    12GB 1333 RAM
    Sapphire Radeon HD7880 2GB GHz edition GPU

Would it even be worthwhile trying to get my hands on one of the i7 processors for slot LGA 1156?

Id be waiting until towards end of the year and see what will happen with the new cpus, I have the 2nd genration i5 socket 1155 its working fine so I'm gonna hang in there and see what will be on offer in a few months. I'll probably upgrade cpu and mobo then.

Advertisement