Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions to get a small skin imprefection removed

Options
  • 05-05-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Can any one recommend a treatment or where I should go to get a tiny raised bump taken off my skin (face). Its not a mole or wart or anything, I fell when I was a kid and I have a slightly raised area its maybe 4mm in length and width. Its really hard describe. I guess it looks like a raised freckle but skin colour. I went to a cosmetic clinic where they laughed at me , literally, its not very noticeable but its all I can see when I look in the mirror and would love that area of skin smoothed out. The treatment they tried was like a hot light on the skin and they said in 6 months it would be gone but its 9 now and its the very same! I have no idea where else to try! Any advise?

Maybe your doctor could refer you to a plastic consultant. You would then have an appointment with them to discuss what treatment could be done. It could work out expensive unless you have private health insurance though. Also they may think it doesn't require any treatment.

You could be left with a scar instead. I have a similar issue except it is a small sebaceous cyst which is the colour of a light freckle. It is all I see when I look in the mirror. I can understand why you want to get rid of it. However if yours is skin colour then maybe it is not as noticeable as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I had a "lump" (I never found out what it was exactly) removed from my face a few years ago.

It was right on my cheekbone, and used to get irritated by the edge of my sunglasses, and definitely didn't agree with sun exposure.

I have a bit of a scar left from the removal, and it now shows up when exposed to sun.

(I sail a lot, so even though I wear F50 all the time on my face, the sun/wind are big factors in my life (pardon the pun)).

So consult someone by all means, but don't assume that because you get rid of what's there now, you'll have seamless flawless skin - chances are you'll have a scar of some sort.

Can you cover it up with concealer of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

You could try the home remedies such as aleo vera, cucumber, oil e.t.c
    Usually a much slower process but the best. Or you should consider a mini plastic surgery.

Some GP's run 'lumps and bumps' clinics, where they deal with small cysts, warts and little oddities. It might be worth just mentioning it to your doc to see what they suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Advertisement

Jebus, I'm glad he/she's an ex. :(

I'd take your docs unbiased opinion over someone so disgustingly rude and hurtful any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Ive something on my forehead, I was thinking of asking my doc about it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Lighting can make such a difference. However maybe keep in mind that your eyes may look for the bump in photos. Other people will be focusing on your overall appearance. Your ex was incredibly nasty. That is really not a nice thing to say to anyone. Unfortunately we tend to remember the negatives. However if you feel more comfortable with having it removed then you should look into it. I'd love to hear how you get on as I am considering having a small cyst removed from my face so come back if you look into it any further.

Advertisement