Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divisional Results

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Beat the Chargers by a FG in OT

After being 21-7 down, my 2nd ranked run D went missing for the whole game.
    Rivers was sacked 8 times.

Hunter caught this to make it 28-21 deep in the 4th, a punt and a series of runs and i tie it up
    http://xboxclips.com/kaiche/d6617df0-344c-41df-b55e-b6c173f02909

One of the chargers ridiculous TDs
    http://xboxclips.com/kaiche/6ff9f5f2-b3a7-4258-9725-e5d4d126bc59

Into OT, Chargers win the toss but have to punt, Titans get into FG range and kick it
    It says you played but no result registered :(

Browns 42 Chiefs 7

Snow game and Browns D on lockdown.
    Charles fumbled twice and Smith once,all were recovered by the Browns.
    Tate fumbled twice for the Browns,one was overturned,the other he was stripped as he was crossing the goaline after a 55 yard run,was recovered by Harry Douglas of the Browns for a TD.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ah fcuk sake

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

replayed the game

Reminder to self, dont play the chargers in their white uniforms when its snowing :pac:

tied the game up with a few seconds to go
    http://xboxclips.com/kaiche/61e2c799-ba95-4221-ae21-f1620e02e40d

Rivers was ridiculous, should have had about 10 sacks but he shook most of them off.

In OT again and i win the toss and go down and drive over for the TD

came out, seen the score, switched off, checked the CFM site and its not there.

Will let it go to sim

Rivers is going to kill me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Saints 17 Packers 21

A tense affair, not helped by my mic acting up and limiting comms somewhat!

A stalemate of a first quarter was ended with a tense silence with nothing more than a packers punt and saints starting a good drive to show for it.

Despite a sack strip in the early part of the second quarter (Daniels, shock horror!) the Saints recovered and got in the end zone on a short run with the full back after an excellent drive.
    Packers put together a good drive and get a TD with Cobb. The Saints then march up the field but are eventually halted and settle for a FG 10-7.

Packers with not much time left in the half get a bit cheeky and hit a WR screen which Cobb takes up the field into scoring territory. The drive stalls and the packers settle for a FG with less than 10 seconds on the clock..... It's short. Saints have time for a Hail Mary but Daniels promptly plants Brees on his head to cut that out.

Saints receive and put together an excellent drive sapping the Packers energy, will and most importantly time. They again pound it in from short range to make it 17-7.

The Packers put together a good drive and eventually get a TD pass to Adams towards the end of the third quarter. 17-14

Saints start a drive from their own 20 and suck up 3 minutes or so before getting stopped.... The punt puts the packers at their own 7.
    Despite this the packers drive up the field and with about 3:30 mins left a misread on a cover 3 with underneath zones results in an interception by the saints.
    Again the saints pound the ball and hope to chew clock. They get a first down with 2:20 on the clock and packers take their time out.
    Packers manage to stop them again with just over two minutes left when the Saints punt it to the Packers 3 yard line!

Rodgers opens with a PA to Nelson for 20 odd yards and get out of the shadow of their own goal post.
    The packers begin to march up the field. The saints constantly afraid of the deep ball which allows Rodgers to pick on short routes and get out of bounds. A big play to Cobb puts them inside the 10. Saints take their first time out as the Packers setup up in a jumbo package.
    A play action and a bit of luck results in Nelson being open in the back of the end zone on a crossing route. TD with approx 30 seconds left and Packers lead for the first time in the game.

Saints take the kickoff out to the 25 yard line and begin to toss Hail Marys with the pack in a 3 man deep setup. They go 4 and out and the Pack kneel with 2 seconds remaining.

Absolutely great game. I don't feel I deserved to win (less than 12 mins possession) but I'll obviously take it. Saints offence is horrible to stop. Tried a mix of man, zone and blitzes but struggled no matter what I tried. I'd multiple chances for interceptions as did the saints which could have swung the game drastically in either direction.
    Both defences did well in spots but as mentioned could have been a deciding factor and weren't.

Sorry if I got the order of scorers or plays mixed up, the mic problems sort of increased the tension!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

you played well nelbert I couldn't stop Rodgers at any stage, don't know if it was my end or not but was hard to hear you, I enjoyed my first ever playoff run, been 10 points up really was just very lucky, the one handed catch by cooks over your two dbs and falling and still holding on to it was madness, the best team won out in my opinion, my defence seemed sluggish I used same set of players all season so could be it, but I got all lot of xp after game some players jumped from 1000 to 9000 and others higher, theres another highlight clip but failed to upload, best of luck in championship game and catch you next season, saints trade block opening to make cap so could be last playoffs this madden,

trip, for youtube, just stick in the bit after the =

trip, for youtube, just stick in the bit after the =

You mean leave out the http an that bit?

tripperman wrote: »
    You mean leave out the http an that bit?
    Instead of putting "https://youtu.be/GvGuG8zld3g" just put the "GvGuG8zld3g" bit

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Instead of putting "https://youtu.be/GvGuG8zld3g" just put the "GvGuG8zld3g" bit

Ah that's ok get you's now, I just copied with the laptop them clips forgot to take the code off xbox, thanks perrin and heli

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote: »

you played well nelbert I couldn't stop Rodgers at any stage, don't know if it was my end or not but was hard to hear you, I enjoyed my first ever playoff run, been 10 points up really was just very lucky, the one handed catch by cooks over your two dbs and falling and still holding on to it was madness, the best team won out in my opinion, my defence seemed sluggish I used same set of players all season so could be it, but I got all lot of xp after game some players jumped from 1000 to 9000 and others higher, theres another highlight clip but failed to upload, best of luck in championship game and catch you next season, saints trade block opening to make cap so could be last playoffs this madden,

Pretty sure it was my end. Had a complicated net setup due to a new modem. Was up until about 1am "simplifying" it. UPC are a delight at all times......:(

When's the advance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Giff and i will hopefully get played later, the ticker is acting up again so im not sure of my availability yet

When's the advance?
    You wanna have another go Heli or let it sim? cause I'll forward it on if so.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    You wanna have another go Heli or let it sim? cause I'll forward it on if so.

if theres no objections ill play it now, ive a bit of time this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles beat the Cardinals earlier, scoreline flattered me, didnt do much in the passing but i put a saddle on McCoy and just put the offense on his back, got lucky with some Fumbles and recoveries at key stages to, we also had dropped Interceptions galore, think Giffney shaded it in the end as his backs dropped some unbelievable ball.

Unlucky Giff, good craic as usual, maybe catch you again next season.

won, in normal time it looks like its saved, fairly handy win, 28-10, blew coverage on one play and then a bad pick got the chargers their points

D line gets 8/9 sacks i think

Can eagles play again if advance happens soon?

Advertisement