Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit with rental

Options
  • 05-05-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I am moving out of an apartment I've lived in for 3 years on Monday.
    I lived there with two other people.
    It has never been vacant in 12 years since it was built so people move in people move out.
    The letting company never checked it before any of us signed a lease so now we kind of have 12 years of dirt, wear and tear to clear out.

I'm just wondering - we obviously will clean to a habitable standard but the place was minging when I moved in.

As first and only tenants moving out completely (they want vacant possession) should we be getting the place properly cleaned?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Discuss it with them. You may be surprised how reasonable they are if they've had rent every week for 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Discuss it with them. You may be surprised how reasonable they are if they've had rent every week for 12 years.

True and they have messed up with serving notice on the house too.
    :) Hopefully. It's so tough finding a deposit for a new house when your deposit is with the old one!

Advertisement