Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful reception on Three, roaming on 02?

Options
  • 05-05-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I've read the thread below about problems people have been having with Three. I switched to billpay recently with Three, having been satisfied with o2 for years. My reception is now shockingly bad. I have been told to get a new sim, which I am pretty sure won't solve the problem, but at least if I cancel my contract with Three they won't be able to say that they tried to help and I didn't accept it. No replacement sims to be found anywhere in my local area. Have ordered one online.
    Anyway, I noticed that when I switched my network back to O2 on my phone it is working fine, great reception, only issue is that beside the reception bars there is a little R as if I am roaming. I think my only option is to stay as I am at the moment, R and all, while I wait for the replacement SIM to arrive. Silly question maybe but will I incur charges on my bill for doing this??? Or how else might it affect me? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Redser87 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've read the thread below about problems people have been having with Three. I switched to billpay recently with Three, having been satisfied with o2 for years. My reception is now shockingly bad. I have been told to get a new sim, which I am pretty sure won't solve the problem, but at least if I cancel my contract with Three they won't be able to say that they tried to help and I didn't accept it. No replacement sims to be found anywhere in my local area. Have ordered one online.
    Anyway, I noticed that when I switched my network back to O2 on my phone it is working fine, great reception, only issue is that beside the reception bars there is a little R as if I am roaming. I think my only option is to stay as I am at the moment, R and all, while I wait for the replacement SIM to arrive. Silly question maybe but will I incur charges on my bill for doing this??? Or how else might it affect me? thanks

You are roaming on O2 on 2g, I assume. This is what occurs when you are in a poor reception area. It dose'nt cost you anything as O2 are now the roaming partner with Three. Hopefully over the next few months all this poor reception will be sorted.

Advertisement