Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP Case Study

• 05-05-2015 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

My LCVP exam is tomorrow and I'm feeling good about everything except the case study. Does anyone have any notes for it or any possible questions and answers? It'd be a big help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Why did Robert and Maria Nolan need to develop a new Business Plan?
    1. Raising Finance- To get bank loans and grants. Planning lets you see how much Capital is needed and when.
    2. Goal Setting- Short and longterm goals can be set and planned for. Helps business to run more efficiently. They are also acting n market research by anticipating needs of the business
    3. Timing- Lets you see when the work needs to be completed by
    4.Identify weakness- Anticipates the needs of the business and any weaknesses and actions to take to correct these

What is the importance of a SWOT analyse for Recruit Me Ltd
    To assess the current situation and to assess and plan for the future

Carry out a SWOT Analyse on Recruit Me Ltd
    Strengths- They take on the strategy of diversification and there owners take measured risks because they are committed to change. Good open and honest communication skills in the organisation. Flexible qualified staff

Weaknesses- Business only focused on 4 MNCs which was dangerous to only have one area. Business should always have been diversifying they waited till the recession hit

Opportunities- They could support start up businesses at cheap rent, meet the needs of new types of jobseekers
    Threats- Economic climate

What stages were involved in the planning?
    Anaylse the situation- Conducting a SWOT analyse and forecasting for future events. Accurate forecasting leads to success.
    Identifying goals- Goals should be SMART (Specific,Measurable, Acheiveble,Relevent and Timed)
    Draft the plan and then implement it.

Was it risky to only have 4 clients?
    Yes but they did diversify when the recession hit.

Why did they need to reinvent the business and become more of a CSR business?
    Due to the economic climate and having all there eggs in one basket only catering for 4 MNCs was dangerous. To ensure the business survival they reduced there workforce and reinvented the company. They did treat staff well by offering redundancy packages and flexi job sharing opportunites

Do a mission statement for Recruit Me Ltd7
    At Recruit Me Ltd our vision is to be world class global CSR talent solutions provider, delivering the highest quality service to clients and stakeholders of the business. We offer a range of services and we can help both organisations and individuals to realise their full potential. Our relationships with out clients,candidates and stakeholders drive our business strategy,our behaviour and our relationships both internally and externally are based on Corporate Social Responsibility principals.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

What 3 areas have Maria and Robert focused on as part of there CSR responsibility?
    1. Meetng the needs of a new type of jobseeker- professional, skilled person
    2. Assist companies to develop a CSR strategy-to deliver a level of social responsibility
    3. Support start ups- offer fully serviced desks for nominal rent

What does being CSR busness mean for Recruit me Ltd?
    CSR is concerned with treating stakeholders of a company or institution ethically or in a responsible manner. Being ethical or responsible means that Recruit me Ltd treats key stakeholders in a manner deemed acceptable according to business norms. They look after the social,economic and take responsibility for the environmental issues caused by the business. Stakeholders exist in the firm and outside. Main aim for Recruit Me of being socially responsible is to create higher standards of living while preserving profits.

Write out an action plan for Recruit Me Ltd
    State the elements of a business plan for Recruit me Ltd
    Why is CSR important?
    Identify 2 agencies that provide support for business start ups. Outline the support offered by these agencies
    What management style is used by Recruit Me Ltd?

Sorry I got lazy writing out answers :P Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 corkman4

What did u study for the long questions ? what do you think is coming up in the exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

What 3 areas have Maria and Robert focused on as part of there CSR responsibility?
    1. Meetng the needs of a new type of jobseeker- professional, skilled person
    2. Assist companies to develop a CSR strategy-to deliver a level of social responsibility
    3. Support start ups- offer fully serviced desks for nominal rent

What does being CSR busness mean for Recruit me Ltd?
    CSR is concerned with treating stakeholders of a company or institution ethically or in a responsible manner. Being ethical or responsible means that Recruit me Ltd treats key stakeholders in a manner deemed acceptable according to business norms. They look after the social,economic and take responsibility for the environmental issues caused by the business. Stakeholders exist in the firm and outside. Main aim for Recruit Me of being socially responsible is to create higher standards of living while preserving profits.

Write out an action plan for Recruit Me Ltd
    State the elements of a business plan for Recruit me Ltd
    Why is CSR important?
    Identify 2 agencies that provide support for business start ups. Outline the support offered by these agencies
    What management style is used by Recruit Me Ltd?

Sorry I got lazy writing out answers :P Hope this helps!

What are the elements of a business plan for Recruit Me Ltd?

Edit - Does it just mean do a business plan for them?

Advertisement