Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Connemara is this?

Options
  • 05-05-2015 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

tumblr_mrwmh4TpYZ1qb30dwo1_500.jpg

We're heading on a road trip soon and intend to get some decent hiking in. This view is stunning and I'd love to see it for myself. Does it look familiar to you? Just came across it on a Google image search but the page had no info, other than the county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

A bit of googling throws up the same image, saying it's an image of the "Twelve Bens Mountain Range" in the Connemara National Park.

Perhaps someone more local than me can pinpoint the viewing point

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alwaysb

Thanks SparrowHawk. It looks a lot possibly Diamond Hill, from other photos I've seen of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Eilis Plasticpaddy

I suppose this is the right question for Paul Phelan; he is a mountaineer and knows perfectly all the mountains in Connemara and Mayo. You can contact him through his site walkconnemara.com
    He has also a Facebook page Good walking!!

Great stuff, thanks for that.
    I suppose this is the right question for Paul Phelan; he is a mountaineer and knows perfectly all the mountains in Connemara and Mayo. You can contact him through his site walkconnemara.com
    He has also a Facebook page Good walking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

A bit of detective work turns up the photographer as Bartosz Kotulski, lives in Galway! You could contact him at:

http://kotulskiphotography.com/

The grass mightn't be as green now though!

106594846.UIglXIWC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭wandererz

Those photos seem highly edited, with HDR or other effects applied.

So I wouldn't expect exactly the same visual impact in reality.

Brilliant, thanks Tiercel Dave.

Wandererz, yeah the first image seems pretty processed alright. But it's more the view in general we're after. Looks like a worthwhile hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭tphase

that's a view from Diamond Hill

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Aussicht_Diamond_Hill_Connemara.jpg

The loop around that valley is superb and a good long hike. The Mweelin loop is just to the left of the picture and shorter but still a decent walk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

wandererz wrote: »
    Those photos seem highly edited, with HDR or other effects applied.

So I wouldn't expect exactly the same visual impact in reality.
    Well HDR is just a technique to make a picture reach somewhere near the wide spectrum the human eye can take in. So even though the picture is dramatic, it's really trying to convey not only what he saw but how it made him feel.

Pictures are nothing compared to being there in real life. The real thing will be so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Leocolceathrar

Wonderful area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SocialSpud

It's Diamond Hill.

Advertisement