Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar recycling pickup today

Options
  • 05-05-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Anybody else have a greenstar recycling bin out today on the Cabinteely route?
    I had mine out alongside the food bin and only the food bin was collected. The dry recycling bin was still full at 5pm and unmoved from front of drive. I've not had this in the 18 months I've been with greenstar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Same happened with us in Dalkey a couple of weeks ago, but they showed up the next day so make sure to leave it out! Though I think they may have fetched ours from inside our gate, not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

It has happened on a rare occasion (maybe 3 or 4 times in 7+ years) with Panda. I just ring them to ask if there was a problem and they arrange a new day to leave it out, so it's not a biggie.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Thanks guys! I've emailed them, so hopefully they will get back and nominate an alternate day to leave it out.
    thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

100gSoma wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I've emailed them, so hopefully they will get back and nominate an alternate day to leave it out.
    thanks for the feedback.

Just leave the bin out, they'll probably collect it tomorrow. If you wait for an e-mail reply, chances are that they'll tell you it will be collected on the next scheduled collection date which is in two weeks. It does happen now and again but they always show up the next day.

It's highly unlikely that they will nominate an 'alternate' day.

Panda have always nominated an alternate day when I rang them. As far as I remember it has always been the next available collection day.

I don't think you'll get too far if you just leave the bin out unannounced. If they were to stop and check every random bin at the side of the road on a day that the road wasn't due for collection they would take forever.

z

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Just leave the bin out, they'll probably collect it tomorrow. If you wait for an e-mail reply, chances are that they'll tell you it will be collected on the next scheduled collection date which is in two weeks. It does happen now and again but they always show up the next day.

It's highly unlikely that they will nominate an 'alternate' day.

Yeah, you are right, no reply from Tuesdays email inquiry yet. Unfortunately it's not convenient to leave the bin out each morning on the chance they'll be along. The bin is full too, so I'll not be able to wait 2 weeks and will have to find an alternate recycling option. I'll ask them for a credit over this. By phone this morning, the email is too unreliable.

edit: rang them, and the girl I spoke to was very efficient and helpful, she will find out an alternate day I can leave it out and let me know shortly.

Cheers

zagmund wrote: »
    Panda have always nominated an alternate day when I rang them. As far as I remember it has always been the next available collection day.

The 'next available collection day' doesn't sound like an 'alternate day'.

And this thread is about Greenstar
    I don't think you'll get too far if you just leave the bin out unannounced. If they were to stop and check every random bin at the side of the road on a day that the road wasn't due for collection they would take forever.

No but if Greenstar miss a day and send the truck out on the following day, most of the bins will still be outside the houses waiting for collection. Because of lift charges (in the case of black bins) and the general hassle of lugging a heavy bin to the front of the house, most people only leave bins out when they're full to the brim so very few people will take them back in the same evening if they're not emptied, they'll just leave them there in the hope that the truck will come the next day and with Greenstar, that's usually what happens.

Clearly you have spoken to "most people" and know their waste disposal preferences. You must be fierce busy talking to half the population of SCD.

I'm just saying I have spoken to a person on the end of the phone (yes, a different company, but it's not like they are in different industries) who has offered to have the bin picked up whenever I want and as it happens it has always suited me to pick the next day anyway. The entire process has only ever taken a minute or two on the phone..

z

Clearly you have spoken to "most people" and know their waste disposal preferences. You must be fierce busy talking to half the population of SCD.

On the odd day that Greenstar fails to show up, "most people" in my estate leave their bins at the front gate and they are collected the next day.

Got it now?

It's interesting - no make that fascinating what Panda do for their customers and I'd like to thank you on behalf of the posters living in SCD but it's completely irrelevant to the OP's situation.

anyway, just an update to my situation. After the nice phone call on Thursday they never got back to me as promised. So that's it. I'll just find alternate arrangement this week myself I guess. Disappointed more with the customer service than the missed bin unfortunately.
    I'll send them a formal letter for a credit just because I'm disappointed with the follow up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement