Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anonymous calls

Options
  • 05-05-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm receiving calls harassing me from an 'Anonymous' eircom number to my Blueface VOIP setup. 80+ call today (and counting). My call provider can not block Anonymous calls, I've been able to block a mobile number

I do know the originating person, number and postal address.

What are my options, can eircom dosomething to block this persons calls to my number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

davidm20 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm receiving calls harassing me from an 'Anonymous' eircom number to my Blueface VOIP setup. 80+ call today (and counting). My call provider can not block Anonymous calls, I've been able to block a mobile number

What are my options, can eircom dosomething to block this persons calls to my number?
    Contact the gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

exaisle wrote: »
    Hi,

Contact the gardai?

Did that, was told something along the lines that since my life was not threatened, that no real crime had been committed

Probably should have mentioned the my line is a VOIP business line.

I do ignore them but the phone going off every few minutes is a massive distraction.

Have taken legal advice and that's in hand, but no knowing what that could cost depending on how far this person goes

What I'm probably asking here is if I report the number to Eircom can they block the Eircom outgoing calls to my number? They will obviously see all the calls from that account to my number as proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Hi davidm20

I'm very sorry to hear of this. I'm afraid we can only take instruction to access, offer information & make amendments to accounts from the account holder.

Should you wish to make any legal pursuit this would ultimately be between yourself and the authorities.

I can confirm that eircom do sell a 'call blocker' where you can enter in the number of the caller to block however this will not work on VOIP. It's also worth mentioning this if the caller has their number set to private then the call blocker would also not work.

I understand the call blocker is no much use to you but more details can be found here: http://www.eircom.net/accessories/phones/cordless/callblocker/

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭65535

Any call blocker designed to work on Eircom analogue lines will also work on VoIP provided you put the blocker between the analogue phone that rings and its socket.
    They are available from a variety of sources.
    If you are not using an analogue phone as the ringing phone then a call blocker would not work.

Another option is to use the router that supplies your VoIP, a Fritz box for example can provide VoIP extensions and block and/or divert specific numbers or no numbers.
    Other routers could do the same.
    Try posting in the broadband or networking sections for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

65535 wrote: »
    Any call blocker designed to work on Eircom analogue lines will also work on VoIP provided you put the blocker between the analogue phone that rings and its socket.
    They are available from a variety of sources.
    If you are not using an analogue phone as the ringing phone then a call blocker would not work.

Another option is to use the router that supplies your VoIP, a Fritz box for example can provide VoIP extensions and block and/or divert specific numbers or no numbers.
    Other routers could do the same.
    Try posting in the broadband or networking sections for more info.
    Thanks for your input & advice on this 65535

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement