Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weak, weak coffee?

• 05-05-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

This is what Taylors are recommending on the side of their packets:
    in my opinion it would make pathetically weak watery coffee.

What do you experts think?
    If using this kind of pre-packed ground coffee, what quantities would you use? I mean, how many ml of boiled water per tablespoon of grounds?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Sorry, the photograph won't attach.

Transcribed, the packet says- (For a plunger pot)
    Per person,
    1 rounded dessertspoon per 250 ml. water. (stir, and wait 3 - 5 minutes before plunging)

Isn't that really, really watery?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I guess it depends how much you fill the desert spoon. I thought it was fairly standard advice.

Maybe try weighing it out. 60g / litre of coffee, so 15g for 250ml and then adjust as necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I use something like twice that amount, (by volume, not weight)

- about 40 ml ground coffee to 200 or maybe 220 ml water

Stir together, wait 2 minutes, strain through a fine mesh straight into mug.

Strong, rich coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Seems standard to me, though, as said, it's hard to know exactly how big a rounded dessert spoon is supposed to be. Brands like this have to cover their bases when we know that measuring according to a level coffee scoop, or better still, grams, is the way to go.

I mean, most Aeropress recipes generally involve (give or take) 15g of coffee to 220-240g water. That's roughly the right ratio.

Advertisement