Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldbridge walk/cycle way.

Options
  • 05-05-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Could anyone tell me what is that black material used to build the walkway? looks like a plastic wood!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's ecoplastic - recycled plastic. Very common on boardwalks, fishing stands, benches etc for a good few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Thanks Srameen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Its great for running on...plenty of give for the knees and hips.

On another note there is still no sign of the landslide being removed on the ramparts and as a result the ramparts are still closed. Louth engineers and county council should hang their heads in shame

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

Its great for running on...plenty of give for the knees and hips.

On another note there is still no sign of the landslide being removed on the ramparts and as a result the ramparts are still closed. Louth engineers and county council should hang their heads in shame

are they not working on clearing it?
    lot of barriers up blocking it off...I presumed they were clearing it

nope absolutely nothing has been done.

Was there on Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Drive by it every morning and evening and theres been machinery and construction workers there for the past 2 weeks

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Drive by it every morning and evening and theres been machinery and construction workers there for the past 2 weeks

I run the route every week and hop the fence at both ends.:D The landslide has not been touched in this time unless they are doing work at the top of the hill further than the eye can see. I did however for the first time notice a new concrete jetty down to the water i had not noticed before so maybe they were working on this.

I did however for the first time notice a new concrete jetty down to the water i had not noticed before so maybe they were working on this.

Maybe they expect us to swim around the landslide

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The stretch approaching Oldbridge estate is not great for cycling as the road is a very awkward width. And the warped plastic plankway is not meant for cycling on, it being a footpath and all. And what's with the amount of vans and small trucks using the road to Oldbridge itself during the day?!

The stretch approaching Oldbridge estate is not great for cycling as the road is a very awkward width. And the warped plastic plankway is not meant for cycling on, it being a footpath and all. And what's with the amount of vans and small trucks using the road to Oldbridge itself during the day?!

thats just to avoid paying the toll or going thru drogheda itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I reckon there should be traffic lights at the small bridge crossing the canal, and a lot of speed ramps along the drive. IF possible a height barrier. The only prob I reckon is Oldbridge concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

thats just to avoid paying the toll or going thru drogheda itself
    Never thought going through Oldbridge was worth it though I suppose there's plenty of people coming from R168/N51 from e.g. Ardee or most of Meath who would find it handy. Well, we were the only car drivers and each of the other 7 vehicles I drove past were vans or flatbed trucks. No other cars..
    ssmith6287 wrote:
    I reckon there should be traffic lights at the small bridge crossing the canal, and a lot of speed ramps along the drive. IF possible a height barrier. The only prob I reckon is Oldbridge concrete
    There is an ugly metal tubing/barrier arrangement on that bridge now which really looks awful in contrast with the stone of the original bridge. I wish the canal bridge could be rebuilt but if Meath County Council couldn't even pay for the road to be widened...:(

Ran by the landslide yesterday morning. Nothing has been started yet.

Ran by the landslide yesterday morning. Nothing has been started yet.

saw that...they have taken down the barriers though on the Oldbridge side. Still there on the town side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

The original plan was to have a one way system from Ramparts to the left turn just after the canal lock with roadside parking but a campaign was organised by one of the local residents to stop this going ahead and she was successful after sending lots of bogus objections from fictitious people to Meath C.C. I know this because she used my surname and address for about 15 of them and M.C.C sent letters thanking these fictitious people for their objections. I rang M.C.C to inform them of this and I was told the decision to have a one way system had already been scrapped (though they did not say it was due to the objections - they didn't give a reason).

The mud slide has been 'repaired' several times but starts again after the first bit of rain. I think a bigger solution is needed but I think there is a conflict between the Riverbank developers and the C.C as to who is responsible for this.

Advertisement