Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavily delayed letter

Options
  • 05-05-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭

I got a letter about the CPP mis-selling today which was dated nearly two entire weeks ago - 23rd April

I know there's been a public holiday in between, but this is so long and I've had no other disruption to my post that I feel I have to ask - were these letters actually posted on that date?

Thankfully the deadline in the letter is still some weeks away but if there's this kind of delay and it's not down to them being posted late this is something BOI would really want to investigate with An Post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

L1011 wrote: »
    I got a letter about the CPP mis-selling today which was dated nearly two entire weeks ago - 23rd April

I know there's been a public holiday in between, but this is so long and I've had no other disruption to my post that I feel I have to ask - were these letters actually posted on that date?

Thankfully the deadline in the letter is still some weeks away but if there's this kind of delay and it's not down to them being posted late this is something BOI would really want to investigate with An Post.
    L1011, 

Thanks for your post.

I’m sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the length of time, your post took to arrive.

We can confirm that the date on the letter is the correct date that your letter was posted.

However we will pass on your feedback in connection to the time frame.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I find this happens a lot with correspondence from BOI.
    Their postal system is very inefficient and disrespectful to their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Addle wrote: »
    I find this happens a lot with correspondence from BOI.
    Their postal system is very inefficient and disrespectful to their customers.
    Hi Addle, 

Thanks for our post.

The time frame for cards and statements to be issued by post takes 3 - 5 working days.

Do you have a particular postal incident you would like us to investigate for you?

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 13 that_other_guy

I got one as well which was delayed by well over 10 days between date on letter and delivery.

It was also addressed to my parents house where I lived when I was mis-sold the protection.

The address on my account has changed so why was it not sent to that address?

Looks like a deliberate attempt to make people miss the reply date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

I got one as well which was delayed by well over 10 days between date on letter and delivery.

It was also addressed to my parents house where I lived when I was mis-sold the protection.

Hi that_other_guy, 

Thanks you for taking the to post on this thread. 

To confirm that this area have your up to date address for future correspondence in regards to the CPP redress scheme, we would ask that you call Customer Services on 0818 251 251. 

Just to mention the closing date for claims to be submitted is the 24th of July 2015. You can find more information on the redress scheme here on our website. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Sorry to butt in but I received my letter only yesterday and it was also dated 23rd April. Just as well there's still time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Also want to add myself to the list of people receiving this letter late, dated 23rd and only received on Friday the 8th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi All, 

Thank you for your posts. 

We are sorry to hear of the delay experienced by some customers regarding the receipt of these letters. 

Just to confirm the closing date for submission of claim forms for this redress scheme is the 24th of July. If you require a claim form or any other information on this scheme please see here

We appreciate all our customers feedback and we will ensure to forward your comments to our Customer Service team. 

Thanks, 

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Same here, haven't used my old address in years yet it was delivered there.....

Advertisement