Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5

Options
2»

Comments

This game was always going to be a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This game was always going to be a disaster!

It will probably be the quickest next gen game to make the bargain bin, it is not gonna hold its E74.99 price for long.

Xenji wrote: »
    It will probably be the quickest next gen game to make the bargain bin, it is not gonna hold its E74.99 price for long.

I loved the old THPS games as well but this was a joke from the start especially the graphics change around a month before release. The graphics have looked woeful no matter what the style.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some more gameplay, it looks an awful mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

It would be a real shame to see this game flop. After a few gimmicky years I had high hopes for this. THPS were brilliant for PS1/PS2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Ah, so disappointed I wanted so bad for this game to be good. I feel like one of the few who enjoyed the HD remake so I thought they were gonna improve upon that. I'd still pick it up for €30 but it would wanna drop fast as once Fallout 4 hits I'll then just never bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Had a go off this after a friend picked it up.
    What an absolute mess of a game. It's just, well it's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I was probably never going to buy it really, but that's disappointing. Wasn't expecting much.

Saw how awful this looked and thought that I should give Skate 3 another go, of course the disc is nowhere to be found so I figure that CEX will have it cheap. €30 euro they have it on sale for, rare to see a game hold it's value so well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Saw how awful this looked and thought that I should give Skate 3 another go, of course the disc is nowhere to be found so I figure that CEX will have it cheap. €30 euro they have it on sale for, rare to see a game hold it's value so well

it was actually back in the top ten chart in the uk last year, pewdiepie had a video up that's being credited for the surge in popularity again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another video, this time from Polygon. This game is a disaster. Activision QA took the summer off.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Theres a post on Reddit about a press release from activision in 2002 saying the tony hawk license was set to run out pretty much today.
    Could that have an influence on it being rushed out and a complete mess?

Although after the HD version I had no faith in Robomodo to make a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skate games on sale on xbox live today (nice move EA).

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Skate games on sale on xbox live today (nice move EA).

If only my Xbox360 hadn't been banned for playing my legally obtained copy of GTA:V.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A few gaming sites had said an upcoming game was an incomplete mess that was being rushed out, they must of been on about this, although most thought they were on about the new Assassins Creed game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Xenji wrote: »
    A few gaming sites had said an upcoming game was an incomplete mess that was being rushed out, they must of been on about this, although most thought they were on about the new Assassins Creed game.

Who says theyre not :pac:

The Eurogamer video showing it running after the patch that was actually than the initial game install was horrific. No sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

was watching a quick look on giantbomb last night where they went through the skaters, mutiplayer modes etc. It looks like a real hack job. theres no custom skater, the best mutiplayer modes from the old games are gone, and the graphics are terrible.

Advertisement