Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galvanized Shed

Options
  • 05-05-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭

I have a shed in the garden that is completely made of galvanized sheets of metal. The problem is they are all different color sheets, red and green.

I am looking for advice on what paint I can get to paint it all the one color? I was looking in woodies an all I can seem to see is a white paints that says it can be used on all surfaces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Picture would Def help .. if I was use I would go to a steel sales yard they would have the right paint for ya .

Also you may need to do some prepping before painting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Galvogrip is a paint ive seen specified for this. Its got its own primer. Its €50 for a 5l drum.

Galvanised metals biggest problem is getting a good adhesion, it would need to be cleaned very thoroughly before you paint on anything.

Any Zinc Phosphate primer and a gloss alkyd topcoat will also do.

Advertisement