Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy PC parts onlinr?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks a mill DS. I'll get him (probably end up being me though) to have a look at all those parts tomorrow. I'll post up a list of possible parts and get your opinion on them then if you dont mind

Regarding the case are they all fairly standard or should we be looking at a full size/height case or would midi type do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Thats perfect, anyway I can help.

A midi would be fine, just make sure it takes an ATX motherboard, or else get an mATX board obviously

muffler wrote: »
    Im cancelling the order with those shower of numpties in Germany. Emailed them on Monday, faxed them on Tuesday and not as much as dicky bird since. I dont know how you guys get on with them but I certainly could never recommend them.
    Just a wee update on this.

Back on July 8th I sent them an email regarding delivery costs and followed that up 2 days later with a reminder and to this day I never received a reply.

Earlier this week (Monday I think) I emailed them about the order and got no reply. On Tuesday I emailed them again and faxed the same message to them but again there was no response. When I did finally cancel I emailed and faxed them and requested confirmation of the cancellation and yet again I got no reply.

On Thursday I contacted the credit card company and they opened a dispute and I see the full amount has now been credited back to my CC account which is a huge relief.

Anyhow, back to the PC bits and bobs. The young fella has a couple of lists done up now and I'll get them posted up here later and you can all fire in what ever comments you think fit :)

HWVS have gone belly-up Muffler :pac: there's a thread on the forum about it. You done well getting the money bacn

That's sound, post away whenever you get a chance

HWVS have gone belly-up Muffler :pac: there's a thread on the forum about it. You done well getting the money bacn
    Just after reading that thread. Yeah, Im damned lucky with getting the refund.

• Advertisement

Right, here are the lists that have been put together so Id be happy with all comments. The Euro prices are approximate as we will do a bit of shopping around as the budget wont allow for any more than that. Trying to get away with less than €500 (excl Graphics card) if its possible

CPU ...€210
    Motherboard.....€98
    PSU.......€75
    Case......€77
    Hard drive......€58

Total price on Amazon for that is going to work out about €518

As stated in an earlier post we already have the graphics card

Alternative list

CPU (same as above) ...€210
    Motherboard......€89
    Case.....€75
    PSU.......€60
    Hard drive (same as above).......€58

Total for that will be about €492

Either or should be fine. Ive the second motherboard with the first PSU, I'd mix it that way.

Go the second one with the first PSU. The i5 is about €185 on amazon.de to knock €25 off, other stuff may be cheaper too

Whatever case he likes better too, they're both solid choices

Advertisement