Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The random stuff thread

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shown up a few places of use I think, some with very limited hours that I'll try later

Ended up in a vaguely German beer hall place right now that has O Haras stout, Punk and the big Belgians on tap as well as a decent bottle range - isn't on untappd though. Also various tapas tasters dropped out FOC

Found two decent planes in Santiago, a quite fancy one - Singulario - it's the only Untappd verified place there and even uses the app as it's bottle menu; and O Bandullo de Lambon which is in the old town and that's a bit run down and more like a tiny version of the average Dublin craft bar.

The Galician brewery Cervazas Silvestre have some decent stuff including a dangerous rocket fuel DIPA that tastes maybe half of its 8%; and a rye that's quite nice when you get over the extreme bitterness

In Vigo now and found a brand new place by wandering when waiting for a place the barman in Lambon recommended to open for the evening.

Prices are 3.50 to 4.50 a pint - actual pint glass but continental volumes of head - in craft bars and you nearly always get some form of tapas included. Cured meats, cheese boards, toasties in the craft places usually and just crisps or olives or trail mix in normal bars - but a 330 bottle of lager could be 1.80 there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Brewdog have saved cask by sticking it in a keykeg

https://twitter.com/BrewDog/status/1139905024128147456

Keykegs are going to become socially unacceptable quite soon I'd have thought - single use plastics on a grand scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They got so much flak for that tweet they ended up deleting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

To Ol have started a beer club

Silver membership costs €33,50 including free shipping
    • 6 new To Ol releases, classics, and selected collabs
    • Select To Ol CPH freshly canned releases
    • A tasting Magazine and coasters each month
    • Member benefits such as special discounts & early access for new releases

Works out around 5.50 a beer which seems pretty ok, its about what you would pay in an offie or maybe a little cheaper plus you get other bits included.

Nice for those who like a surprise beer box every month.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Zaph wrote: »

You still have to collect from there. It just makes ordering easier

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

RonanC wrote: »
    And they've moved again.

hyBTPRw.jpg

They've been brewing at different breweries. They're building their own brewery in Cherrywood, their blog explains the build: http://www.whiplashbeer.com/blog

Can't wait for beers from their new home, and their beer fest next month! By far the best brewery in Ireland, and now they're gonna actually have a brewery too :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Cherry Orchard, rather than Cherrywood. I hope they do a taproom eventually, it's only down the road from me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

there's no plans for a taproom afaik.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Nope no plans, as I said I hope they do one eventually. In the meantime there's Rascals :)

Advertisement