Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISIS vs The IRA ?

• 06-05-2015 12:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

If ISIS had to fight the IRA who would win ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

ISIS obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Well the IRA done the Taiban already so no reason why they couldn't go for the double.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=msFljrJ7M4A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Can we throw in Godzilla?

I think the IRA takes ISIS, but Godzilla takes the RA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

In what a three-legged race? A bake off? a game of connect 4?

You need to be a bit more specific.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

As you can probably tell from my signature, this is my kind of thread.

Maybe this will give you an understanding of the outcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

The RA would wipe then out.......

IRA would car bomb them back to the caves .....;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

My argument against this thread in a carlow accent:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Brilliant! Thanks nearly spat tea all over my laptop lol
    LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Well the IRA done the Taiban already so no reason why they couldn't go for the double.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=msFljrJ7M4A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The Druids are back. But packing their own meat like Brian Buru.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

fergus1001 wrote: »
    My argument against this thread in a carlow accent:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

That phrase and the chronic smell of the sugar beet factory is pretty much the only thing I recall of a brief sojourn in Carlaaaaaa in the 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭GaryTLynch

ISIS would destroy them. For the simple fact that the IRA were the 'gentlemen of terrorism', as PJ Gallagher put it. They would telephone ISIS to warn them that they were about to bomb them, whereas ISIS would offer no such courtesy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

ISIS obviously, they have more money and a far larger population of weirdos to call upon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The one that is the biggest showering of cowardly murderous scumbag cnuts.

GaryTLynch wrote: »
    the IRA were the 'gentlemen of terrorism', as PJ Gallagher put it.

Terrorism is a word English people use to describe any particular action they don't like. The IRA are not terrorists. Don't you know what the Irish went through at the hands of the British? If it wasn't for the IRA, we'd have ended up like Scotland or Whaleland.

Any violent acts against the British are 100% justified. If you disagree then you should open a history book.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

You don't hear the Wolfe Tones making ISIS songs, now do you? There's your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

That phrase and the chronic smell of the sugar beet factory is pretty much the only thing I recall of a brief sojourn in Carlaaaaaa in the 90's.

Since when did Carlaáaaaaa get shipped to the middle east

You don't hear the Wolfe Tones making ISIS songs, now do you? There's your answer.

I don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

FISMA wrote: »
    Can we throw in Godzilla?

I think the IRA takes ISIS, but Godzilla takes the RA!

You've obviously never seen the damage 1lb of semtex can do when wedged firmly up a radioactive dinosaur's hole. Funnily enough, I haven't either, but I'd imagine the dinosaur would not be in fighting mood afterwards.

Terrorism is a word English people use to describe any particular action they don't like. The IRA are not terrorists. Don't you know what the Irish went through at the hands of the British? If it wasn't for the IRA, we'd have ended up like Scotland or Whaleland.

Any violent acts against the British are 100% justified. If you disagree then you should open a history book.

I was under the impression that this was a satirical thread. Nevertheless, since you seem to have taken offence at my comment please allow me to explain the context in which PJ Gallagher (and therefore myself) used the term 'terrorist'. He was making a joke about how the English used to call the IRA 'terrorists', but pointed out that they would take back the IRA tomorrow as they were gentlemen compared to what they have to deal with now in the form of radical Islam. I am quite well up on my history old chap, perhaps you just need a sense of humour.

• Advertisement

Whaleland.

And I might advise you to open a geography book. Never heard of such a place ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Terrorism is a word Norman people use to describe any particular action they don't like. Robin Hood and the Merry Men are not terrorists. Don't you know what the British went through at the hands of the Normans? If it wasn't for Robin Hood and the Merry Men, we'd have ended up like the Principality of Capua or The Mezzogiorno.

Any violent acts against the Normans are 100% justified. If you disagree then you should open a story book.
    Makes as much sense...

:o

<snip>

Sorry, I don't have a sense of humour. I'm in a human body but I'm not human. Michael Jackson was mostly plastic and he wasn't a barbie doll now was he?

Why would ISIS and the IRA fight anyway?
    All ISIS want to do is promote Islam, the religion of peace. While on the other hand, the IRA like to set off bombs, but they only do it for the craic (I hope).

Very good! :-D

Hey. Just doing my bit to keep things on topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I was under the impression that this was a satirical thread. Nevertheless, since you seem to have taken offence at my comment please allow me to explain the context in which PJ Gallagher (and therefore myself) used the term 'terrorist'. He was making a joke about how the English used to call the IRA 'terrorists', but pointed out that they would take back the IRA tomorrow as they were gentlemen compared to what they have to deal with now in the form of radical Islam. I am quite well up on my history old chap, perhaps you just need a sense of humour.

I thought he was being satirical himself. Surely no one can take that ****e seriosuly.

Exactly what had two kids out shopping of an afternoon in Warrington done to oppress the Irish?

I'll give ISIS one thing, at least they strap the bombs to themselves and not pussy out like the 'RA bombing by proxy.

One can certainly examine history and come up with rationalisations and excuses. Anyone who thinks the IRA weren't terrorists, at least in the latter stages of the 20th century, or their actions were justified is simply a moron. The same goes for the so called 'loyalists'. Terrorists and criminal scumbags.

endacl wrote: »
    Makes as much sense...

:o

Very good :-D

I thought he was being satirical himself. Surely no one can take that ****e seriosuly.

Exactly what had two kids out shopping of an afternoon in Warrington done to oppress the Irish?

I'll give ISIS one thing, at least they strap the bombs to themselves and not pussy out like the 'RA bombing by proxy.

One can certainly examine history and come up with rationalisations and excuses. Anyone who thinks the IRA weren't terrorists, at least in the latter stages of the 20th century at least, or their actions were justified is simply a moron. The same goes for the so called 'loyalists'. Terrorists and criminal scumbags.

I sure as Hell hope he was being satirical! But you never know :-o

Whatever Islamic terrorist groups that carried out the suicide bombings encouraged people to join them and blow themselves up. Isn't it part of their religion to die for 'Allah' or something?
    The IRA were small compared to the British army. Don't you think it would be a better tactic to plant a bomb and get the hell out of their to fight another day than to blow yourself up and consequently reduce the number of IRA members?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Whatever Islamic terrorist groups that carried out the suicide bombings encouraged people to join them and blow themselves up. Isn't it part of their religion to die for 'Allah' or something?
    The IRA were small compared to the British army. Don't you think it would be a better tactic to plant a bomb and get the hell out of their to fight another day than to blow yourself up and consequently reduce the number of IRA members?

I'm not sure you understand what bombing by proxy entailed.

If they'd have confined themselves to military targets then one could have some respect for them. One could even include members of the British government in that at a push.

Targeting civilians made them terrorists, cowards and scum. As bad as the British they so hated for doing the same to Ireland.

• Advertisement

I am 1000000000000.34203% sure that we should have a United Ireland. Some Northerners say they're British. I say, **** off home then.

A United Ireland would definitely reduce the amount of violence caused by the IRA. I find it ridiculous to say that. We shouldn't need to have phrases like "United Ireland". Those Brits ruined the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I am 1000000000000.34203% sure that we should have a United Ireland. Some Northerners say they're British. I say, **** off home then.

A United Ireland would definitely reduce the amount of violence caused by the IRA. I find it ridiculous to say that. We shouldn't need to have phrases like "United Ireland". Those Brits ruined the country.
    Well if you're sure, that's it then. :rolleyes:

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Well if you're sure, that's it then. :rolleyes:

My subconscious mind ignores sarcasm. If you're trying to be sarcastic it isn't working.

Can anyone tell me if there is a thread that promotes or is at least on the topic of a United Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ISIS. They would just butcher a few villages (man, woman, and child), and video themselves executing the people.

The people at the top plan the fighting, and use the stupid people to blow themselves up. It gets rid of those afraid to fight, whilst killing the enemy.

the_syco wrote: »
    ISIS. They would just butcher a few villages (man, woman, and child), and video themselves executing the people.

The people at the top plan the fighting, and use the stupid people to blow themselves up. It gets rid of those afraid to fight, whilst killing the enemy.

You seem to know a lot about ISIS. Should I be worried? :eek:

Congratulations, my 69th post was made in response to you. Lucky you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

the_syco wrote: »

I think the IRA would win. Those bombs that caused ripped the center of Manchester apart, The Docklands & Bishopsgate would have huge body counts without no warnings. Plus I don't know how ISIS would manage to land such a large force in Ireland. The IDF vs ISIS or Hizbollah vs ISIS would be a more fair fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I propose we airlift the entire membership of the IRA / ISIL and all who sail with them to the great continent of Antarctica. We can sell the PPV rights to SKY (BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!) and make a financial killing. Whoever wins this fight to the death gets a free polar bear to cuddle up with. Or a penguin....whichever.

....ps ...the airlift is one-way Ryanair. Michael O' Leary and Rupert Murdoch have already expressed interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Don't think Liverpool will win any cups for a while ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I propose we airlift the entire membership of the IRA / ISIL and all who sail with them to the great continent of Antarctica. We can sell the PPV rights to SKY (BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!) and make a financial killing. Whoever wins this fight to the death gets a free polar bear to cuddle up with. Or a penguin....whichever.

....ps ...the airlift is one-way Ryanair. Michael O' Leary and Rupert Murdoch have already expressed interest.

No polar bears in Antarctica, the penguins killed them all.
    Penguins vs IRA / ISIL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Go home, Ted. You're drunk.

• Advertisement

Instead of a long winded campaign each side should send in their crack troops. That would reduce it to the pilot burners v the child rapists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Simon2015 wrote: »
    If ISIS had to fight the IRA who would win ?

God..

God would win, he's strike both of them down with righteous fury and lay waste to their armies.

Either that or the winner would rape all the men and enslave all the women...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I think the IRA would win. Those bombs that caused ripped the center of Manchester apart, The Docklands & Bishopsgate would have huge body counts without no warnings

You sound like you have a hard on writing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

What if isis invaded leitrim ?

They'd look around and wonder what sick and twisted bunch laid waste to the place before they arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

They'd approve of it: religious fundamentalism, beards, incomprehensible accents; mindless violence, inbreeding etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think the IRA would win. Those bombs that caused ripped the center of Manchester apart, The Docklands & Bishopsgate would have huge body counts without no warnings. Plus I don't know how ISIS would manage to land such a large force in Ireland. The IDF vs ISIS or Hizbollah vs ISIS would be a more fair fight.

So the IRA could bomb civilians in ISIS Land?

Where would that be, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

So the IRA could bomb civilians in ISIS Land?

Where would that be, exactly?

Clonskeagh. Or Iraq and Syria, they're so hard to tell apart for morons like me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the IRA were beaten ISIS wont be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

the IRA were beaten ISIS wont be

They were not lad

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement