Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth 10k and 5k

Options
  • 06-05-2015 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Has anyone information on the upcoming Maynooth runs?
    I can't find anything online.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Glencree wrote: »
    Has anyone information on the upcoming Maynooth runs?
    I can't find anything online.

Cheers

They have a website and facebook page if you google it. The 10k starts in the college, goes up main street and out the Leixlip Rd where it turns around and heads back the way you came. It then goes into the Carton House estate along the main drive, turns left onto a gravel path for few hundred metres(watch your footing here, some of the gravel stones are quiet big).

Crosses the road into the park from Carton where you finish on the avenue near the Maynooth town entrance. Its flat a 10k course you'll find, depth of field isn't huge. Lasts years results are with Precision Timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Glencree

Cheers, I'll re.google, couldn't find any details re. 5k or signing up.
    I want to sign up the other half for the 5k, she's training for mini marathon but only doing threadmill, so that's ideal to give her a feel of the difference of running outdoors, weather, wind etc.
    (I'm a slow marathon runner...pb 3'40.)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

There's a change this year, new route and incorporating a 5k. Don't know why they haven't changed the website. Speaking to someone yesterday involved and they were saying there is a new website (can't find it myself).
    Have done this in previous years and it's normally very well run - looks like the comms is lacking a bit. have to wait and see what the new route is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Did this a couple of years ago and enjoyed it - from memory it was reasonably flat with just a couple of drags....nice finish too.

Hoping to get to do it again this year

Route change is up on the website, it now turns left for Dunboyne towards the roundabout there and then comes back. Thats a considerable drag coming back up. It then goes out the Leixlip Rd and goes into Carton and finishes as it always has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

tang1 wrote: »
    Route change is up on the website, it now turns left for Dunboyne towards the roundabout there and then comes back. Thats a considerable drag coming back up. It then goes out the Leixlip Rd and goes into Carton and finishes as it always has.

Thanks Tang - so it turns left out of the village?

Duanington wrote: »
    Thanks Tang - so it turns left out of the village?

Sorry D, didnt explain that very well. Still does a loop of the college, up Main St and passed Tesco. It then takes a left for Dunboyne than continuing out the Leixlip Rd as it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Signed up for this and hoping to give it a good lash, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

sideswipe wrote: »
    Signed up for this and hoping to give it a good lash, looking forward to it.

See you there :)

tang1 wrote: »
    Sorry D, didnt explain that very well. Still does a loop of the college, up Main St and passed Tesco. It then takes a left for Dunboyne than continuing out the Leixlip Rd as it did.

Yeah pretty much the same route except the out and back section in front of carton house is now out and back the Dunboyne Rd.
    Also 200m before and after the turnaround at 5k Mark crosses the route at 9k (if that makes sense) so just after 9k you cross the road where you ran at 4.8 and 5.2k. Might be some issue for front and back runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

See you there :)

About 5 mins after you finish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

sideswipe wrote: »
    About 5 mins after you finish :rolleyes:

The pressure....:o

Any idea of start time?, site says registration from 8am

Glencree wrote: »
    Any idea of start time?, site says registration from 8am

Starts at 10:30 for 10k and shortly after for 5k.

Torn between this and Bob Heffernan 5k on Tues

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Mark crosses the route at 9k (if that makes sense) so just after 9k you cross the road where you ran at 4.8 and 5.2k. Might be some issue for front and back runners.

It will definitely be an issue - might be a very big issue!..
    There will be plenty of people coming from the 5k mark (anyone who will be hitting that mark around 25 mins+) and front runners coming across them at speed. I dont know how they can avoid a big mess even if they put lots of marshals here.

Weathers looking decent, best of luck to all going, websites updated with a lot more info.

John o' Regan starting it.... An absolute legend who deserves a thread of his own... Ireland's best kept sports secret.

I take that back for the comment at the startline... John you owe me lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

The 9k crossover didn't turn out to be an issue thankfully, Marshals did a good job. Overall nice route and well organised race. Well done to all involved. Was toughest on the long road into carton to the boathouse and back out. Wish I'd done a bit better on those last 2!

Advertisement