Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ire v Eng - May 8th?

Options
  • 06-05-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this match will go ahead in Malahide, with the cr@ppy weather we're having this week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

I'd say it will but probably reduced overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If it's rained off completely will we get a refund? How many overs need to be played for a result?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    If it's rained off completely will we get a refund? How many overs need to be played for a result?

Have a read of your ticket, or the conditions attached - this should be specified.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Have a read of your ticket, or the conditions attached - this should be specified.

Ticket is in the box office so can't access it. If anyone could shed light I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

http://www.cricketireland.ie/images/uploads/site_images/Ground_Entrance__Ticket_Refund_Policy.pdf

In the event that the match is affected by the weather, 100% refund of the purchase price will be made in the event that no play is possible / 9.5 over or less are bowled. Ticket holders who have purchased their tickets by credit or debit card will receive a credit for the purchase price within 28 days. Ticket holders who have made cash purchases should apply to the Ticketmaster van
    on the day of the match for a ticket refund application form and once completed send it along with your match ticket to the address shown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hopefully it does go ahead, would love to see David Willey get a chance with England. Can be an awesome all rounder on his day. Arsey so and so at times too, not afraid of a bit of sledging.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

If this game gets cancelled I'm gonna go spare tbh.

I have an exam friday but its so vital for cricket here that it goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Unfortunately the forecast has gone rapidly downhill: rain due to arrive around midday and that may be it for the rest of the day until the late evening. It was looking better mid-week and the weather system may have arrived much later in the day: alas not... :(

Last night the forecast looked ok, but this morning it's crap. Hopefully it changes again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Meanwhile the England captain finally makes some runs in the IPL....after 5 seasons in it!!!!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2015/engine/match/829787.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

If getting train over tomorrow I'd recommend getting the 8:54 from Connolly. The next train, if on time doesn't depart until 9:55 and gets to Malahide at 10:20. With expected crowds and time spent getting into ground/seats you could be cutting it fine to be seated comfortably for the start at 10:45.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sun's trying to break through and it's dry.....

.... for now.

I reckon we'll get a start on time, but am not holding out much hope of them getting more than a couple of hours in. Who knows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How is the crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Rain about to end play for the day. A pity.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Rain about to end play for the day. A pity.

Who said this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The rain looks like it will be down until 5pm anyway.

Perhaps a chance of some play from 6-9pm if they stick around

If rain doesnt stop by 3-4 I'd say the games finished sadly.

This further highlights our need for series rather one off games though.

Irish cricket fans are definitely the unluckiest in the world anyway, get no help by the ICC, barely any games and when one sells out it rains

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Who said this?

I did. The weather radar has moderate to heavy rain for the remainder of the day up to 6pm, currently arriving in north Dublin from the South.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

naughtb4 wrote: »
    How is the crowd?
    Would guess maybe 5-6,000 in. Plenty of spare seats but I'm sure a lot didn't travel due to the weather forecast.

Surprised to see touts trying to sell tickets outside as it clearly had not sold out - maybe they had picked up a few spares from people who had an idea play would be severely restricted

Anyway, home now with the feet up.....

Looks over, rain doesn't look like it will move through until after 6pm

• Advertisement

Game over. What a shame. All that effort to erect the stands etc... Surely they can put something on in the coming days to use the facilities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well Willey got his wicket, real shame the game was a washout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Hold on to the tickets lads (if you have one). Cricket Ireland to offer complementary tickets for T20 qualifier or Ireland Vs Scotland T20 series.

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/cricket-ireland-to-offer-fans-complimentary-tickets

I was there at the ground, what a shame the match got washed out then we had a dry day yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

2 years time England will be coming back, but they want the fixture in April. :P

Screw it, time for CI to grow a set and rip up the TV schedule deal they have with the ECB and negotiate our own.

Handing over all our TV right for one televised game every 2 years is a terrible return and needs scrapping, maybe then all our home games vs full members will actually be televised and not streamed

Advertisement