Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Just met my boss and its official. I finish up work tomorrow!

First time in years that I haven't had a plan. Like being overly dramatic here but I started primary school at 4 so even though I had summers off, I always knew I'd go on to the next year in school / college and after college I knew I'd do a PhD and then started a postdoc almost straight away.

For the first time in living memory I have no plan. It's strangely liberating. If not a bit scary too. Eeeeep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

sullivlo wrote: »
    Just met my boss and its official. I finish up work tomorrow!

First time in years that I haven't had a plan. Like being overly dramatic here but I started primary school at 4 so even though I had summers off, I always knew I'd go on to the next year in school / college and after college I knew I'd do a PhD and then started a postdoc almost straight away.

For the first time in living memory I have no plan. It's strangely liberating. If not a bit scary too. Eeeeep!

GOD that sounds fantastic right about now!

One more alarm. Then I'm on hols in the west of Ireland for two whole weeks. Just one.more.alarm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Gotcha ct3 you little sh*t

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

A new Harry Potter play is opening in London next year.
    I happen to live in London. That's fortuitous!
    https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/614335053724811264

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ London forum theatre trip! :D

• Advertisement

^ London forum theatre trip! :D

With visitors travelling from Dublin :)

I bagsy RKs couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Can I come too?! :D

The more the merrier!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

A piece I wrote about being a young Mammy and it NOT ruining my life has been republished by HuffPost here. I am more than a little thrilled.

Harry Potter play sounds amazing!

misslt wrote: »
    Gotcha ct3 you little sh*t

:D

Eeee I forgot you were waiting on CTs!!
    yaaaay!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

Came of my bike yesterday on the way home from work and feeling a lil sorry for myself :( My left leg is all cut up and have bruises everywhere. On the plus side, I am being comforted with diet coke and chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ellie_sun

A piece I wrote about being a young Mammy and it NOT ruining my life has been republished by HuffPost here. I am more than a little thrilled.

That's fab lilmissprincess, great article. I was in the Huff Post earlier in the week with our travel blog and am well chuffed too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

My day has just gone from bad to worse to catastrophic.

More hospital appointments yay

More time off work yay

Another horrible date yay

Another day of dealing with that prick I work with yay!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The "mop chop" was successful! \o/

Hubby sorted tickets for the Women's FA Cup final for us sneakily this morning :D

Sweet baby jesus it is hot today (27c at 9am). Absolutely mouldy commute in and it's only going to be worse later. There is going to have to be a ladies pond trip later...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hubby sorted tickets for the Women's FA Cup final for us sneakily this morning :D

Sweet baby jesus it is hot today (27c at 9am). Absolutely mouldy commute in and it's only going to be worse later. There is going to have to be a ladies pond trip later...

30 degrees here at 9.45am - I actually have a thermometer in my room that I took outside to check

I was going to go, but I don't fly back until Saturday night :( Only have two weeks at home because I'm starting my Rugby World Cup shifts in August.

I feel like I need another shower already, even with the air con in work...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I feel like I need another shower already, even with the air con in work...

Our rooms don't have air con, some other classrooms do :( Hit 30 in one of the rooms on the sunny side of the building this morning already.

I'm dreading this afternoon when we have the sun on our side - and I've a greenhouse alongside my room. We've requested extra fans but one senior staff member is just being so unreasonable - fine for them in their air conditioned office.

Now 34 degrees outside, with a decent breeze. I've got to teach in half an hour - nooooooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The "mop chop" was successful! \o/

Are you me? I got mine chopped off yesterday too!

I like it overall but I'm not keen on the fringe, might see if they'll fix it for me.

• Advertisement

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Are you me? I got mine chopped off yesterday too!

I like it overall but I'm not keen on the fringe, might see if they'll fix it for me.

I've never had my hair in my face and it'll take a while for me to get used to the longish side bang. If I don't get used to it then I'll be looking to change it but because of the texture of my hair, I don't have a whole load of options. I'm loving my undercut though, it feels very bad ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've never had my hair in my face and it'll take a while for me to get used to the longish side bang. If I don't get used to it then I'll be looking to change it but because of the texture of my hair, I don't have a whole load of options. I'm loving my undercut though, it feels very bad ass.

Oooh you got an undercut? Sweet. I'm the same in that the stylist didn't want to cut in a proper side fringe but if you're willing to style it I don't see the problem.

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Oooh you got an undercut? Sweet. I'm the same in that the stylist didn't want to cut in a proper side fringe but if you're willing to style it I don't see the problem.

I've little experience styling it so these next couple of weeks are a learning curve but once I get a hang of it, I think I'll be able to do more.

Got mine cut at the weekend, saw heat coming and went seriously short for practicality! Had grown it out a little for the wedding, but with that over I wanted a return to lazymode hair :pac: I'm probably around #7 blade length at the back and a bit longer on top right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I chopped mine off a couple months ago, it really needs a trim now!

I took a week and a half of holidays and now I have a millionty work emails to weed through :(

Got mine cut at the weekend, saw heat coming and went seriously short for practicality! Had grown it out a little for the wedding, but with that over I wanted a return to lazymode hair :pac: I'm probably around #7 blade length at the back and a bit longer on top right now.

She did a 4 on me to begin with and then went with a 3!

I should have done this before going to California last summer. Would have been much handier.

My hair is down around the arch of my back at the minute, it was just about hitting my shoulders this time last year. I think someone sprayed me with Miracle Grow or something, it grows at such a rate!

Kids are being complete little sh*ts today - just one particular student last lesson. Turns out they nicked something out from the room I was in, which I am disgusted about!

34 degrees and I'm melting - and we have football training tonight!

July heat record broken at Heathrow - 36.7c :eek:

My commute home just became more interesting, some kid got stabbed and ran into the station closest to home so it's closed while the police investigate... :(

• Advertisement

July heat record broken at Heathrow - 36.7c :eek:

My commute home just became more interesting, some kid got stabbed and ran into the station closest to home so it's closed while the police investigate... :(

I'm 10km as the crow flies from Heathrow, going taking my thermometer outside again to see!

edit: went to 36

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Roasting need another shower ugh
    I had a fan on me all Fay too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Househunting sucks when you actually have standards.

Roll on the cooler weather, cannot wait to be able to wear foundation again without it sliding down my face...

I agree about househunting. My house is teeny tiny and I'm hoping to move soon but to get something even half decent in the area I'd be looking at doubling my rent and it's not worth that. The rubbish some people try to rent is crazy.

I have been going to a bootcamp for four weeks doing three days a week and I had my measurements taken this morning. I'm down 2.2kg, lost 17 cm with most of those going from the hips and waist (\o/) and 3.2% body fat! I'm not sure how much of that weight lost was hair. :P The personal trainer was having a ****ty morning but I think he was just as happy as me after those measurements!

SillyBeans wrote: »
    The rubbish some people try to rent is crazy.

The Dublin and London version: The rubbish that most people can barely afford to rent is crazy! :eek:

Well done Mars Bar, that's great progress :D

• Advertisement

The Dublin and London version: The rubbish that most people can barely afford to rent is crazy! :eek:

Well done Mars Bar, that's great progress :D

Thanks! There's actually a cash prize for this one but because I'm so small and I'm not a beginner I didn't think I'd be in with a chance. You can't underestimate newbie losses and there are a few newbies. Now I think I might be!

Yep. The price I pay for an entire house is still less than some family members pay for a room in London. Craziness!

If we were paying full market rate on our place (2 bedroom apartment on the zone 2/3 borderline, we're paying around 300 a month below market rate because our landlord is a little old lady in Lancashire who just cares about her steady retirement income) it would convert back to around €2,000 a month. Tis mad really - a 1 bed apartment to buy in my area goes for close to half a million and a 3 bedroom house is seven figures.

On that note - today is exactly 2 years since I moved over. It's just as hot as it was in the heatwave summer of 2013 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

On that note - today is exactly 2 years since I moved over. It's just as hot as it was in the heatwave summer of 2013 :D

Its 2 years for me at the end of the month :D

I'm restless where I live now. I think I need to pack up and move somewhere. Ideally quitting my job and giving my boss some abuse as I go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

My dad texts me at least three times a day. I might reply to one in three texts.

For me, as a 29-year-old, who should really be taking care of her parents at this stage in their lives, lately I'm doing a pretty crappy job of it and they've been doing most of the taking care of me recently. And I feel crap about that.

I awoke this morning to a really sweet message from him, beginning with "Morning starshine." For your typical traditional old-fashioned Irish man in his sixties, it's just really .... sweet. :) He has six other kids to care about, most younger than me, but he still adores me and thinks about me every day. And in such affectionate terms.

I just thought I'd share it here because it made me so happy. (Don't worry, I did share my thoughts with him, also.)

My dad is the best. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

... today is exactly 2 years since I moved over. It's just as hot as it was in the heatwave summer of 2013 :D

THAT WAS A QUICK TWO YEARS OMG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Finally met my boyfriend's best friend. Only took like two years. :P

Also finally heard from future work and have the evening off current work. 7/8/9 hour shifts without any breaks is not cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I got home to someone's place after the pub at 2am and I got to hold a baby and that's how every pub session should end.

Even the Royals fly Ryanair!

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/picture-no-heirs-and-graces-prince-william-flies-ryanair-31349042.html

Friday night and all I want to do is crawl into bed. Sometimes I really do wonder if I'm 25 or 55! My jammy git of a brother is on an all expenses paid trip to Philadelphia for work, and is in America for 4th of July! Would love a job that gives me a chance to travel. Been going twice a week before work to the gym, 5.30am starts and its feeling good. Knee is pretty good, sore tonight because I went doing some work on it, but was with my physio yesterday and he is pretty happy with it :) Back to normal activity, but anything that gives me a 4/10 or above pain wise I'm to stop

I'm enjoying some pieces of work that I am doing at the moment, taking charge of the department's new online homework and learning system. If I could do half of management and a bit of teaching I think I'd enjoy my job more. Numeracy has already been taken by an assistant head, who is now on careers. I have some great ideas from experience in transition year to work on careers and work experience, but given the work I did on numeracy that I forwarded on, that I had used with my own class, there is no point in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just home from year 11 prom and I'm knackered!!!

Lovely night last night for himself's birthday. Beautiful meal, followed by drinks and cocktails. Have to say, The Liquor Rooms is a good spot!

Only mildly marred this morning by falling down a flight of stairs in the hotel into the lobby. The poor manager was walling past and looked like he might cry. Pain starting to set in a little bit now.

Also the prolife/antichoice lot are out for their yearly rally against women's rights. Includes children handing out leaflets and copious balloons. Píssed I have to go home and go to work instead of going to the counter rally for choice.

Pass the bell! I'm poorly. I ended up with d-doc earlier. I have a golfball size lump on my neck that hurts to touch, chew, swallow... So I went to the chemist who suggested the doc.

Doc says I've an abscess on my salivary gland and I've a week of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds and an instruction to go to the doctor again if it doesn't improve.

Yeah! Not.

Sometimes I hate being female. Boss screamed at me multiple times today and I ended up in tears. Just couldn't hold it in. Damn hormones!

Feel better soon, Sullivlo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That sounds like a rotten dose, sullivlo, get well soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement