Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Today was another great day.

I saw a seriously motivational talk, which brought me to tears. I had a lovely chat with the speaker, and it confirmed a few of my choices of late.

Then I met my friends baby for the first time and I am officially in love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Sigh... Order some things from Amazon to Parcel Motel.

First, the order got split into 4, so 4 Parcel Motel charges.

Then, one of the items that arrived in today is oversized, by 1 cm on 1 dimension, by virtue of being boxed. The damn thing isn't actually that big. €7 charged just for them to take it into the depot, and another €8 if I want it home delivered.

It'll cost me that to go to Finglas to collect it, and it didn't even cost that much. I'm tempted to just tell em to return it to sender, and to reorder it from somewhere for direct delivery to here, unless anyone has any bright ideas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I am such a fcuking idiot.

I ordered my boyfriend's present from the US so I could save some € but I stupidly forgot that its going to come with a US plug. I tried to cancel but no such luck. I also forgot about customs so I prob won't have saved anything after all.

I've been beating myself up about this all night and I'm so upset which is obviously an overreaction but I just feel like I've made such a fool out of myself and I keep doing utterly idiotic things like this. I won't sleep because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I ordered my boyfriend's present from the US so I could save some € but I stupidly forgot that its going to come with a US plug. I tried to cancel but no such luck. I also forgot about customs so I prob won't have saved anything after all.

I've been beating myself up about this all night and I'm so upset which is obviously an overreaction but I just feel like I've made such a fool out of myself and I keep doing utterly idiotic things like this. I won't sleep because of it.

Buy an adapter plug! My friend buys all her electronics from the states!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm like that. Such an overthinker. Buy a US plug and try to forget about it...I just tell myself now "It is done now, nothing you can do about it" every time I start overthinking like that. You'll forget about it when you see how much he loves your gift. :)

• Advertisement

God some new jumpers online last week from Only and Vera Moda. Don't normally shop in Vera Moda but they Only and Vila are the same shop pretty much so figured sizing was the same. I've other tops which are XS or S and the S while too big still look ok on me. 3 of the 4 I got this time where S...and they are like tents.
    What size is 'S' supposed to be? I would have thought 8 with 'XS' a 6 but evidently not...
    I love that I got an S from another brand last week and it is too small for me. :rolleyes:

edit: I see they do have a size guide which labels XS as a 34...which based on a size guide I've found is a 6. No way an 8 should be that big on me if their small is an 8...this is why buy online as trying on clothing is so frustrating. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Unless someone tells you they are pregnant, or goes into labour in your general vicinity, do not ask them if they are pregnant.

And when they inform you that they are not in fact pregnant, don't follow up with, "oh I thought you were because you have a bump there" and gesture at their stomach.

I hate people.

It seems weird doing what I would never have considered doing a month ago - replying to a direct email from the managing director of a company with a thank you for considering me directly, but I can't put myself forward for your job opening.

Just a week before I start the new role. Happy happy happy (which makes a change). Re finding my positivity in Spain really worked!

Before midnight I really should say a happy International Women's Day to the nicest women on Boards - those who frequent tLL.

Whether you feel you're inspirational to others or not, trust me, by getting up and pushing towards your goals, and fighting for anything you believe in, you're inspirational!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone every bought something for themselves after already having bought it as a gift for someone else?

I picked up an Aldi perfume last week as a gift from my son to his granny for Mother's day. I sniffed it in the shop, thought it was nice enough and popped it in the trolley.
    Just before I dropped it over to her yesterday I sprayed it onto my hand and once it had settled it smelt absolutely gorgeous! Now I want to head into Aldi after work to buy a bottle for myself!! It's the freesia and pear one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tempted to order myself the Hotel Chocolat box that I got my mam for Mothers Day tbh - bloody amazing!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone every bought something for themselves after already having bought it as a gift for someone else?

I picked up an Aldi perfume last week as a gift from my son to his granny for Mother's day. I sniffed it in the shop, thought it was nice enough and popped it in the trolley.
    Just before I dropped it over to her yesterday I sprayed it onto my hand and once it had settled it smelt absolutely gorgeous! Now I want to head into Aldi after work to buy a bottle for myself!! It's the freesia and pear one.

Jo Malone do a nice English Pear & Freesia, which is probably what Aldi were working off. Similarly, Lidl do Suddenly Diamonds, which is a bang on dupe for my almost signature Boss Orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I got myself a box of Butler's mini Easter eggs today as a present for when after baby's born (gestational diabetes, grrr)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

All the time.
    I buy the best presents for everyone, including myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Aaah! Went into Aldi this evening and no perfumes left. Hardly surprising though. But I did pick up the scent in a hand wash ( as well as a few other things I didn’t need) so it wasn’t a wasted trip.

I'm a week into the new job now, and it feels like:
    1) I belong there
    2) That I can actually go far

While I still have another 4 weeks of training to do, I'm already enjoying the role, and am weirdly more than happy to head to work in the snow in the morning.

Haven't felt like this in a while :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

One particular person at work just rubs me up the wrong way - did it again this morning. You teach 5 less hours than I do, the main part of your role (i.e. writing assessments) has been made way easier by the fact that we are using pre made papers so all she has to do is pick the paper and put it in for photocopying. So we share two year 11 classes (exam groups), she marked one classes papers (the kids do three papers each) and I marked the other (the longer one). This morning she has the cheek to ask me for the papers so that she can do some improvement time stuff with the students today because she has people in her lesson supporting - i.e. she can get on with something else and so the students can do some improvement work in her book.

I hate the fact the students have done 5 mocks now - she is being reactive rather than proactive. Yes give them time to do their corrections and learn from their mistakes, but move on.

So she can fe*k off!!

Great start to Monday morning :D

Walk up to the bus stop. All paths clear bar one, compacted I’ve and uphill. Slows me down just enough that the bus sails past. 20 minutes wait to the next one.

I’ll still be like 40 minutes early, but it’s cold out here.

Me - Mon-Fri: Oh good, my body is getting used to these 6:15 starts.

Me - This morning: Oh crap, my body is getting used to these 6:15 starts.

*slams head back into pillow*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Why the hell as my Monday's so rubbish - even though it is my lightest day!

• Advertisement

I booked in to a hotel for the night for some r&r.

Sitting in the bar with my book. Look up. See a rep that I deal with in work.

There’s no escape!!!!!

sullivlo wrote: »

There’s no escape!!!!!

Nothing worse - I know the feeling. I went into town after work to collect my dollars, and decided I fancied a sneaky McDonalds. As soon as I saw a few students in there, I bolted

sullivlo wrote: »

There’s no escape!!!!!

Gahhhhhh! There’s nothing worse!

At least you got some R&R though:)

Nothing worse - I know the feeling. I went into town after work to collect my dollars, and decided I fancied a sneaky McDonalds. As soon as I saw a few students in there, I bolted

Aye. I haven’t been to a shopping centre without bumping into a student. It’s negative craic.

Although one of my students informed me that she saw one of my colleagues shopping in the chemist that she works in. I told colleague in a “by the way” and she was morto because she was buying stuff you wouldn’t want students to see you buying!!!!!

Anyone know if I can block calls/video calls from people on facebook without blocking them from sending me messages?

RQ - On desktop there is an option to turn off voice/video calls. Can't see an option in the app on iPhone.

Been away from boards for a bit due to work and life. Currently have 57 notifications, but can't be bothered going through them. Cut my losses and just mark everything read, or slowly dig through them while letting more build up?

On the other hand, I no longer feel the need to check boards every few hours to see what's happening, so maybe that's good.

RQ - On desktop there is an option to turn off voice/video calls. Can't see an option in the app on iPhone.

I already have that off on desktop :( Was hoping that would work for messenger too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Can anyone recommend a Dublin City centre restaurant for dinner for a group of 6 ladies to celebrate a 40th birthday.
    We don't want Michelin star fanciness, but don't mind paying for quality.
    Would like somewhere we can go for drinks nearby that caters for our age group.

• Advertisement

Any particular genres of food?

Advertisement