Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Feel shocking, mentally and physically. Changed my diet as I need to get someway fit, but have felt mentally bad for a few days before I did it, so don't think that is the cause! Even the things I used enjoy I just don't at the moment and it feels like I'm getting the flu - that tiredness and lethargy! Didn't sleep well last night and had the weirdest dream about it being the morning of my (I think) wedding. :confused::confused:

In work, roll on 1.10 - no year 11's so afternoon free! Physio this evening at 5 - been bold and played a game or two though he told me not to. Still having trouble with my knee, but trying to get away with building it up than having to resort to going to a surgeon now.

Managed to get something important off my chest with a friend, but can't figure out how to tell anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Feel shocking, mentally and physically. Changed my diet as I need to get someway fit, but have felt mentally bad for a few days before I did it, so don't think that is the cause! Even the things I used enjoy I just don't at the moment and it feels like I'm getting the flu - that tiredness and lethargy! Didn't sleep well last night and had the weirdest dream about it being the morning of my (I think) wedding. :confused::confused:

In work, roll on 1.10 - no year 11's so afternoon free! Physio this evening at 5 - been bold and played a game or two though he told me not to. Still having trouble with my knee, but trying to get away with building it up than having to resort to going to a surgeon now.

Managed to get something important off my chest with a friend, but can't figure out how to tell anyone else.

When is term finished? Sounds like (at the very least) you could really do with taking some time to do a *complete* switch-off and recharge. Hope you start to feel better soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Ah lads, the 30 Day Shred....Two days and I can feel every muscle I have!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ah lads, the 30 Day Shred....Two days and I can feel every muscle I have!

Yeah, I know that pain, started it before, and gave up - thinking of going back to try it!
    When is term finished? Sounds like (at the very least) you could really do with taking some time to do a *complete* switch-off and recharge. Hope you start to feel better soon!

20th July - can't come soon enough!

Have a maths conference the following weekend, then the weekend after that have my Talking Tactics training for the Rugby World Cup, which I'm really looking forward to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Had the ultimate conflict of my mind this morning. There was a girl on the most stunning bike I've ever seen and she had the tyres I want to get for mine (pink ones. Would turn my bike into a sexy beast). I was mesmerised. But she was cycling ON THE FOOTPATH. So I was conflicted between looking at the bike and kicking the back wheel out from under her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I'm now thinking of doing a masters in criminology.:o Looking it up on the UCC website, it seems to open up a lot of avenues. :) I'd love to study in Cork as well. I've only been to the city once recently and I just loved the atmosphere.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Had the ultimate conflict of my mind this morning. There was a girl on the most stunning bike I've ever seen and she had the tyres I want to get for mine (pink ones. Would turn my bike into a sexy beast). I was mesmerised. But she was cycling ON THE FOOTPATH. So I was conflicted between looking at the bike and kicking the back wheel out from under her.
    :o:o:o I'm guilty of cycling on the footpath, but only where the footpath is wide and there's no wide hard shoulder. I'm scared of cars......:o

:o:o:o I'm guilty of cycling on the footpath, but only where the footpath is wide and there's no wide hard shoulder. I'm scared of cars......:o

Pet peeve. So dangerous for pedestrians. Like some cyclists ringing their bell telling people to move. Drives me mental. And I say that as a cyclist. I just refuse to cycle on the path.

I was waiting for my bus yesterday, guy cycling on the edge of the footpath when a 3/4 year old kid ran out in front of him without looking. Felt so sorry for the child, who got the hop, but also for the guy on the bike - even though he shouldn't be there. A lot of the area around me has footpaths that are halved - outside half for cyclists and inside for pedestrians.

I was waiting for my bus yesterday, guy cycling on the edge of the footpath when a 3/4 year old kid ran out in front of him without looking. Felt so sorry for the child, who got the hop, but also for the guy on the bike - even though he shouldn't be there. A lot of the area around me has footpaths that are halved - outside half for cyclists and inside for pedestrians.

That's the problem. Kids and the likes. It's just not safe. They're called FOOTpaths for a reason. It irritates me because people doing it gives cyclists a bad name so then we all get bad press on the Joe Duffy show, when most of us obey the rules of the road :(

I miss my bike. Been off her for three weeks with illness. I'll hopefully get out on her this weekend cos I've a 100km spin the weekend after. Whoops.

• Advertisement

Pet peeve. So dangerous for pedestrians. Like some cyclists ringing their bell telling people to move. Drives me mental. And I say that as a cyclist. I just refuse to cycle on the path.
    I know but I always slow down and get off the bike when approaching another person. I try to cycle on the hard shoulder as much as I can but I'd be nervous on the road and some places (I live in a town) don't have proper hard shoulders. I only cycle on the bypass anyway where the footpaths hard shoulders are much wider with fewer people that you can see in plenty of time. It's hard enough to even cycle to town where I'm from as their bike facilities are pretty much non existent. Finding adequate places to park a bike is not the easiest either so I just tend to go for a cycle as opposed to using it for transport to and from places.

I nearly got knocked down by a car yesterday evening on my way home from work. The pedestrian crossing I often give out about where usually only cyclists barrel through the green man. I was FIERCE rattled by it and the WAN in the car, who literally just drove through the red light at a pedestrian crossing, was all like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's the problem. Kids and the likes. It's just not safe. They're called FOOTpaths for a reason. It irritates me because people doing it gives cyclists a bad name so then we all get bad press on the Joe Duffy show, when most of us obey the rules of the road :(

Totally with you on this one! Nobody who fits an adult sized bike of any sort should be on the footpath, and it's quite frustrating to see grown adults insisting on using them when there's plenty of perfectly good road around. So sick of a few idiots giving the rest of us a bad name. Had a lovely spin last night, seem to be averaging about 2 km/h faster on the same route compared to this time last year for the same effort, which is nice :)

First driving lesson in nearly a month there this morning before work, there was a lot of rust to be shaken off! Glad to get it done though.

Lads if ye were to go on a day trip to London to visit museums and galleries, what would ye do?

-Dublin to London
    -Friday or Saturday, any time of year
    -Cheap as possible
    -Two adults

Early morning flight to Heathrow, Piccadilly line to South Kensington, loads of museums within walking distance from there. Depends of course what you really want to see, but if you're coming for art then the Victoria and Albert museum is great.

Early morning flight to Heathrow, Piccadilly line to South Kensington, loads of museums within walking distance from there. Depends of course what you really want to see, but if you're coming for art then the Victoria and Albert museum is great.

Oh that sounds PERFECT

I've only been to the V&A once, dying to go again. I have a sister in London so I thought it would be fab for me and my mom to head over and stroll around with her for a day.

Maybe plan to get afternoon tea somewhere nice too :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I could spend three days straight in the British Museum. Must try the V&A - they have an exhibition opening tomorrow about high heel shoes from around the world, throughout the ages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I could spend three days straight in the British Museum. Must try the V&A - they have an exhibition opening tomorrow about high heel shoes from around the world, throughout the ages.

Ooh I have to go see that!

Saw a fab exhibition on the dress down through the ages in the V&A about five years ago - it included medieval dresses and iconic contemporary dresses. Was absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Collins Barracks had a nice one on the history of Irish clothing a couple of years ago that I really enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

The best I saw was Alexander McQueen at the met in ny. Was amazing. Closely followed by an artist called nick cave (not the bad seeds guy). His work was really interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm doing a complete deep clean of my room. It's proper disgusting.

I'm being ruthless and heartless.

But I found a scratch card with 25 quid on it woo

pew wrote: »

I did the same today because I got a new bed. Can't wait to shower and get into bed. With OITNB.

pew wrote: »

Wanna do mine next?? *cannot guarantee any winning scratchcards

I did the same today because I got a new bed. Can't wait to shower and get into bed. With OITNB.

Haha that's what I did too. But my laptop decided to have a hissy fit at me instead.

Wanna do mine next?? *cannot guarantee any winning scratchcards

Damn no scratch cards? Hmm I'll think about it :P

It's before 8 on a Sunday morning and I'm debating about going for a run, gym or just be completely lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Hey ladies. I seem to have fallen off the planet with this board in the last while which really sucks, but life has been mental so I apologise! Currently sitting on my toddlers bedroom floor being used as a toybox; I'm left holding the ones he will come back to! How are you all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've written 14,500 words since Friday, finished my novella and written 40,000 words total in June. And I'm bate. There's a lump of beef settling on my countertop, I have chips in the oven and when I'm finished eating I'm going to sleep soundly. :D

• Advertisement

Knackered and a wee bit sunburnt but had a friggin' lovely day out with himself. Out on the shady and cool balcony now for pizza and glass of wine to wind up the evening

Advertisement