Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

So I know there are loads of lovely Dublin loungers but seriously, we are coming for ye in the football final. Like, for real. Kerry4Sam2015.

Also, if there are any Mayo loungers, have a word with the lads. I mean really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

So I know there are loads of lovely Dublin loungers but seriously, we are coming for ye in the football final. Like, for real. Kerry4Sam2015.

Also, if there are any Mayo loungers, have a word with the lads. I mean really.

I'm from the kingdom :) how hard do you reckon it'll be to get tickets? :(

No idea. Pretty hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Pretty hard!

That's what she said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My book comes off free promo tomorrow. And then I see what the effects of my marketing push will be. I've had over 1,000 people download it while it's free. It's turning up on the "People who looked at this item also looked at this," lists. And It's ranked in the top fifty, and sometimes top 10 for free books in its category.

Hopefully this will slide me into profit, after all the expenses I've put into it for covers and promotion costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Lyaiera wrote: »
    My book comes off free promo tomorrow. And then I see what the effects of my marketing push will be. I've had over 1,000 people download it while it's free. It's turning up on the "People who looked at this item also looked at this," lists. And It's ranked in the top fifty, and sometimes top 10 for free books in its category.

Hopefully this will slide me into profit, after all the expenses I've put into it for covers and promotion costs.

I started reading it using the "look inside" button. Twenty minutes later I made myself put my phone down cause I was going to be late! I like the premise and writing style. Will be downloading it! :D

Though maybe not until after my exams...

Best of luck with your exams. I crazily singed up for a year long course, that actually has exams and assignments in it. It's a photography course, so hopefully it's different enough to my uni days that I don't wind up with flashbacks to assignment deadlines, and instead can pleasantly assess the impact of photography as a medium.

Once your exams are over Waterstone's have a drinking game you might be interested in. I've yet to play it but it looks like it'd be good fun.

3FD9DuP.jpg

A comfy couch with optional blankets and cushions is probably the only other requirement.

So I took up art today. I am not talented. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

^ I don't have a creative bone in my body. Unless it comes to decorating my house. That, I love :D

Been in work for an hour, already had 3 people moan at me about things. I don't care. I really don't. Tell it to someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So I took up art today. I am not talented. :pac:
    A lot of it is practice, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm in a sling :(

I hurted my shoulder last year and it's still giving me awful trouble. Saw consultant 2 weeks ago and he injected it and it made it worse! Saw GP yesterday and she gave me meds and told me to keep it up.

Can't cycle or swim :(:(:(

Oh no!! Hope you feel better sullivlo. At least a sling means you should get some sympathy from people for a while. Use it as an excuse to be lazy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I have obtained for myself a grown-up job. I r a profeshunal :D

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I have obtained for myself a grown-up job. I r a profeshunal :D

Such profeshunal, much wow!

I has workin on mah poetry. I is vair literate.

Oh, I meant to tell you lasses, I found a tiny one-eyed kitten by work today. He was tame enough, but nervous. He stayed about a metre away and meowed at me for a while. One of the secretaries and I brought him over some milk, but we couldn't find him. :( He still wasn't around at lunch and the milk went untouched.

He was a little tabby, and it looked like he lost the eye to another animal, but the wound was healed well. He definitely wasn't looked after at the minute - sort of charmingly mangy. Poor baby.

Boo sullivlo, hope you start to heal up soon. Things that linger like that are such a drain.

Yay Ilyana! Delighted for you. Well done! Although being a grown-up is WAY overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Boo sullivlo, hope you start to heal up soon. Things that linger like that are such a drain.

Yay Ilyana! Delighted for you. Well done! Although being a grown-up is WAY overrated.

Oh give me three months and I'll be lamenting the fact that I'm not in college anymore. In the meantime, yay for weekends off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I want to be back in college. Or a millionaire with no need for a job....or exams... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

^ Ditto! :(

• Advertisement

Thread.

Why you so quiet?

I'm all antsy for Monday now. My full time photography course starts then, with two days of classes about photos then a day off to take pictures and then two days in the studio or darkroom. Dedicating my time to all photos sounds great fun. It'll stop me worrying about my nothing graph of book sales at least.

Oh, I meant to tell you lasses, I found a tiny one-eyed kitten by work today. He was tame enough, but nervous. He stayed about a metre away and meowed at me for a while. One of the secretaries and I brought him over some milk, but we couldn't find him. :( He still wasn't around at lunch and the milk went untouched.

He was a little tabby, and it looked like he lost the eye to another animal, but the wound was healed well. He definitely wasn't looked after at the minute - sort of charmingly mangy. Poor baby.

I think kittens are supposed to be lactose intolerant
    Hope he's ok and shows up again!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have a presentation to write
    ****ing Windows update has been updating my bloody machine the past 30 minutes :(

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think kittens are supposed to be lactose intolerant
    Hope he's ok and shows up again!

I kind of thought so too.

But the other lady has five kittehs and she poured the milk so I assumed it was ok.

Maybe his gut is mature from a difficult start in life???

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm in a sling :(

I hurted my shoulder last year and it's still giving me awful trouble. Saw consultant 2 weeks ago and he injected it and it made it worse! Saw GP yesterday and she gave me meds and told me to keep it up.

Can't cycle or swim :(:(:(

How's your poor shoulder doing?

• Advertisement

How's your poor shoulder doing?

It's okay. Still quite painful - I've tendinitis in my rotator cuff and a tear in my labrum. I could do with an anti-inflammatory med, but I've got really bad reflux. I'm due for a scope next week so am on reduced PPIs this week, so even an auld neurofen rips through my tummy.

Shoulder aches though. Every movement hurts. Will ring back the consultant next week and see what he says.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    It's okay. Still quite painful - I've tendinitis in my rotator cuff and a tear in my labrum. I could do with an anti-inflammatory med, but I've got really bad reflux. I'm due for a scope next week so am on reduced PPIs this week, so even an auld neurofen rips through my tummy.

Shoulder aches though. Every movement hurts. Will ring back the consultant next week and see what he says.

Hope it settles down soon, sounds horrible.

Baxtard machine has finally decided to cooperate.

Now for fun with powerpoint :(

haha 2 nights in monart single occupancy for the shaolin thing is 400 euro

bluewolf wrote: »
    haha 2 nights in monart single occupancy for the shaolin thing is 400 euro

Is that good value for monart?

I haven't a notion, I've never been
    Judging by the rest of their offers it seems standard enough but you get extra tai chi or other classes as well
    half tempted tbh, not bothered going away anywhere and all the classes and the gym and dinner is included
    Shaolin Masters to return to Monart:

19th September – 13th December 2015

Master Zheng returns to Monart for his 5th time and brings with him the experienced Master Jinlei Wang. They will demonstrate the positive effects of the Shaolin way of life on both body and mind, in addition to providing lessons to enhance balance through Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Meditation.

The Shaolin Masters are from the Henan Province in China and have trained all of their lives at the Shaolin Temple. The Shaolin Masters have created a world-wide reputation as the ultimate Buddhist warriors and are famous for teaching Martial Arts, Meditation, and Buddhism as a way of life; improving health and wellbeing and concentrating on finding balance in life.

The Shaolin Experience:

2 luxurious nights at Monart
    Breakfast each morning
    Dinner in our renowned restaurant on one evening
    Enjoy a 1 Hour Shaolin Warrior Massage**
    Enjoy all the Shaolin classes including Meditation, Qi-gong and Tai Chi
    Unrestricted access to our thermal suite

Subject to Availability

• Advertisement

Presentation finally written, formatted correctly, and practiced :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That didn't take long once you got started!

That didn't take long once you got started!

No thankfully :) It's only thirty eight pages long and I'd most of the content done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Stheno wrote: »
    I have a presentation to write
    ****ing Windows update has been updating my bloody machine the past 30 minutes :(
    Sometimes I think it's like the computer knows. /shudder/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's a really crappy day for a wedding. It makes everything so much harder than it needs to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's a really crappy day for a wedding. It makes everything so much harder than it needs to be.
    Agreed. When it's raining, it makes going or doing anything like a bit more effort and you wonder should you really bother doing something cos it's raining. I'm doing a 10K tomorrow and not looking forward to being wet and miserable. Also need to get a little run or even just stretch the legs this evening but I don't want to if it's raining. Also the Cannonball Run is starting today and I took a mad notion that I should bring the car-mad son straight after school to Carrick on Shannon (about 45/50 mins away) to see them. But it would be a pain in the ass if it's raining.
    GO AWAY RAIN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've got tickets for the Arsenal game tomorrow, normally we're high up behind the goal so the weather doesn't matter. Tomorrow is the one day we are in row 6 on the halfway line... :eek:

Have booked to go to London for the RWC. It's only for France Romania but it's another game. Yeah! Cardiff next weekend. Trying to sneak another game in too if the funds allow.

Headed to Brighton after the game too to see family and stuff. They got a new puppy! Yeah!!

I've got tickets for the Arsenal game tomorrow, normally we're high up behind the goal so the weather doesn't matter. Tomorrow is the one day we are in row 6 on the halfway line... :eek:

Hope the weather is ok for ye! You'll get to see them perfect hairdos up close!

Can never got over how groomed the Arsenal players are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Mars Bar wrote: »

Girl at work got married today, feel so sorry for her! Weather is shocking up here!
    Get to go to the afters tonight though, looking forward to it!

• Advertisement

Never been so happy for it to be a Friday! The sleeping tonight with be mighty :D Downside is there's a massive spider in my sitting room, saw him last night and screamed and ran upstairs. He scuttled away under the couch. I've a horrible feeling he's gonna be hiding out in my pillow tonight waiting to eat me :( I get a bit irrational when it comes to spiders!

can't stop listening to this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWox-i6aAk
    and the RAC remix

So rather than my usual trousers/suit outfit I decided to wear a dress giving my presentation today.

I had on a new slip that I'd not work, and hold ups

The slip bunched up around my waist and kept annoying me, but even worse, halfway through the presentation one of the feckin holdups fell down all way to my knee

I spent the rest of the presentation looking like a constipated pig, as I was pressing my knees together to stop it falling down further :eek:

When we were done and I was leaving the chap who I was liaising with asked if I needed to use the loo:eek:

Stheno wrote: »
    So rather than my usual trousers/suit outfit I decided to wear a dress giving my presentation today.

I had on a new slip that I'd not work, and hold ups

The slip bunched up around my waist and kept annoying me, but even worse, halfway through the presentation one of the feckin holdups fell down all way to my knee

I spent the rest of the presentation looking like a constipated pig, as I was pressing my knees together to stop it falling down further :eek:

When we were done and I was leaving the chap who I was liaising with asked if I needed to use the loo:eek:
    I am lolling. :D

But also sending on sympathy. And tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I wore holdups to work once and one fell down too - never again! Can't think of a worse time to happen than during a presentation though!

Once you feel one start to slip down, there's not much you can do to keep it up. :o

Oh no! Stheno, you're not having good luck in the hoisery department lately!!

SillyBeans wrote: »

Anyone share my aversion to soiled hosiery?

SillyBeans wrote: »

Indeed . I forgot to mention that as I walked out of the building it slithered down my leg I had to scuttle behind a wall and fix it :(

I'm not a fan of tights but they really are the only reliable thing. I don't think I'd leave the house in hold ups.

My feet are soaked after the briefest of trips from car to destination >_<

• Advertisement

There was a doggy at work today!

And I downloaded lots of good music yesterday.

Can anyone recommend something that's easy to watch and very good and funny? We just finished It's Always Sunny in Philly.

Advertisement