Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you do sail and rail or what?

OH is really getting into rugby, so am trying to see if we could possibly finagle tickets to the Italy game :)

We sail railed from Dublin to Cardiff and I'm home in bed in Dublin now. Will post about the train carnage later!!!

Great weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Stheno - there's tickets coming up on the site on and off all the time with people trying to move them last minute. Generally higher category though.

My parents are over to visit for that one, they haven't been in London in a year and a half :)

Overground is going to be a nightmare for the Italy game too, in the Premier League's fcuking infinite wisdom Arsenal are kicking off at home against Man U 45 minutes before the Italy game :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Did you do sail and rail or what?

OH is really getting into rugby, so am trying to see if we could possibly finagle tickets to the Italy game :)

I live in London so just got the train from Paddington. It was CHAOS trying to get back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My alarm was due to go off at eight thirty, so I woke up at six thirty. I decided to use the extra time by taking photos for college and hitting the library at nine am. So of course the library doesn't open until ten. I'm just killing time now until class at ten thirty and of course not a single class mate is around. And all this means I'll be in bed by midnight tonight but staring at the ceiling until two am. Of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Parks and Rec is amazing!

Thanks for the recommendations, Loungey Ladies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Huge issues in Cardiff with the trains after signalling failure in Paddington. I'm thinking of getting in extra early for the Romania game and get into the fanzone for a bit, same with Italian game. Can't wait to be paid, might head to Cardiff for the France game if I can pick up reasonable tickets

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Huge issues in Cardiff with the trains after signalling failure in Paddington. I'm thinking of getting in extra early for the Romania game and get into the fanzone for a bit, same with Italian game. Can't wait to be paid, might head to Cardiff for the France game if I can pick up reasonable tickets

Do you reckon prices might come down for tickets to the French game RG?

I'm thinking of getting in extra early for the Romania game and get into the fanzone for a bit, same with Italian game.
    We'll probably do the same. Atmosphere around Wembley on Sunday should be great :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Do you reckon prices might come down for tickets to the French game RG?

Doubtful for that one - no tickets up there at the moment. I know there were a fair few touts selling tickets for the Canada game under face value to get rid of them, but France are a big selling team anyway. Will keep my ear to the ground, and use some of my contacts to see if I can get a ticket. If not, will definitely be planning a trip to the Millennium stadium and Cardiff for a weekend in the six nations!

We'll probably do the same. Atmosphere around Wembley on Sunday should be great :)

Should be savage, though I heard there were some transport issues with Wembley after the final whistle though not huge

Just have to get through work for the next two days until my shift Thursday evening which should be fun. Must remember to check in properly!

Wound so many people up about that video from the Daily Mail - showed some of my students as well, as they knew I was volunteering, well impressed with the pull Prince Harry has here!

• Advertisement

As a volunteer what kinda free stuff do you get? I was jealous of the lanyards.

sullivlo wrote: »
    As a volunteer what kinda free stuff do you get? I was jealous of the lanyards.

As part of our kit, we got a waterproof jacket, fleece, rugby shirt, polo shirt, trousers, two pairs of branded socks (lost one in my room already!), trainers all by Musto as well as a back pack, yellow hat and lunch bag. Lanyard is part of the accreditation, we have to have the plastic piece and lanyard to get into our areas. Made by Musto - is seriously good quality - a lot of previous Olympic games volunteers were much happier with this kit The%20Pack%20Maggie%20Alphonsi%20Will%20Greenwood%20and%20members%20of%20the%20Pack%20in%20the%20Rugby%20Wor.jpg

Have a special RWC sticker album that we have been getting packs for but by bit, hardbook book with loads of info. Think some people have gotten some free pins, but I have't been on proper shift yet where I've had to check in. I also got a lovely 20 nations England 2015 scarf because I was part of the First XV volunteers who were in the office earlier, picked up a media bag as I was helping out stuffing them and made my deputy headteacher very jealous, and another lanyard that was on my RWC security badge that I had for working in Webb Ellis House

Have already seen someone selling parts of their kit on ebay :eek: :eek: I will be wearing most of my kit away - wearing the jacket to and from work already as it is waterproof and so warm. If we turn up without our full accreditation and uniform, we can be turned away from our shift

Should be savage, though I heard there were some transport issues with Wembley after the final whistle though not huge
    After the Community Shield myself and my husband walked in the opposite direction and got on at the Metropolitan line stop before Wembley Park. Got seats quite comfortably and watched the train fill up around us at the next stop :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

As part of our kit, we got a waterproof jacket, fleece, rugby shirt, polo shirt, trousers, two pairs of branded socks (lost one in my room already!), trainers all by Musto as well as a back pack, yellow hat and lunch bag. Lanyard is part of the accreditation, we have to have the plastic piece and lanyard to get into our areas. Made by Musto - is seriously good quality - a lot of previous Olympic games volunteers were much happier with this kit

Have a special RWC sticker album that we have been getting packs for but by bit, hardbook book with loads of info. Think some people have gotten some free pins, but I have't been on proper shift yet where I've had to check in. I also got a lovely 20 nations England 2015 scarf because I was part of the First XV volunteers who were in the office earlier, picked up a media bag as I was helping out stuffing them and made my deputy headteacher very jealous, and another lanyard that was on my RWC security badge that I had for working in Webb Ellis House

Have already seen someone selling parts of their kit on ebay :eek: :eek: I will be wearing most of my kit away - wearing the jacket to and from work already as it is waterproof and so warm. If we turn up without our full accreditation and uniform, we can be turned away from our shift

That's fantastic, Musto gear is seriously good quality, you'll have that years.

Lovely momento to have as well

After the Community Shield myself and my husband walked in the opposite direction and got on at the Metropolitan line stop before Wembley Park. Got seats quite comfortably and watched the train fill up around us at the next stop :)

Right, will make a note of that!! I've to get back at a decent time as Tuesday I've got a bloody observation.

In the middle of my year 10 class, my loudest and worst behaved class (though fairly okay), parents were around. The blinds on the windows were half way down and one parent decided to poke their head down to try and see. My head of department then came in, followed by three parents and a very scared looking child. I was doing a pretty difficult topic, so they were loudish, but actually working. So I had to try and keep the noise level down while also talking to parents for five minutes!! Madness!

I guessed that we had less than 50 families through the door for our open night - was told it was 48 :) Nearly bang on!

That's fantastic, Musto gear is seriously good quality, you'll have that years.

Lovely momento to have as well

Only slight problem was the shoes, but I take my trainers insole and put it into them as they were too flat for me. Glad I treked up to Milton Keynes to change sizes as they comfortably fit. I don't understand why people would just stick it on ebay, wouldn't mind if it was going to a good cause or something like that, but ones I've seen are just selling

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

So eh... I GOT THE JOB I INTERVIEWED FOR! :D

Woohoo, congratulations! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yay well done!!!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'm so happy!!!!! I think a shopping spree is in order to have a fancy new work wardrobe!

College has been great this past two weeks. I've actually gotten out of bed every morning with a spring in my step, as soon as my alarm sounds. And that means I can lounge around for a bit and take my time getting ready.

It's great being able to do photography (or similar) every day. I was disappointed with what I showed today though. I did this course partly because it would push me into new areas of photography, outside of what I normally do, and that really showed in the quality of my photos. The teacher even picked up on it, because they liked the stuff I showed them at the interview, and even said I had a definite style, but my urban landscape shots mean nothing when we're doing documentary stuff.

What having looked at a lot of different photos as a fan of photography meant was that I knew mine were pretty bad. She did say I picked a tough subject to shoot, but after the initial disappointment when I first saw them I'm now just determined to shoot more. The only thing holding me back is the cost of film and paper, and my shoes being crappy and my feet hurting after walking all over the place. But this is exactly what I signed up for, the push to do new things with my photography.

Congrats sillybeans

Love how they update the train time screens on the tube with current scores in the rugby games :)

(Was at France Romania last night!)

Nobody mistook me for a 6th former at open evening tonight.... :(

I got a kebab meat and chips from the Polish guys who give you enough to feed an army. I just ate half and am planning the rest for a pre-bed snack, when I shall embrace the food coma! :D

• Advertisement

I've just had a ready meal and microchips! Not something I have often but I was itching for something greasy and bad for me and this hit the spot for probably a quarter of the calories. Shredded duck, vermicelli noodles and thai curry with chips for 535 calories. Nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well done Sillybeans! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

congrats Silly Beans :D

Im looking for a new job, i love my job but it does not payment me enough for the work i do.

I used to earn more working in retail tbh.

Im holding off until i get my new contract however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got a new job a few weeks ago. Did one day and then put in a cast so it has been put on hold. :( I'd been waiting SOO long to get something so it's particularly depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We're off on our first family holiday tomorrow :) Just a cheapy week in Co. Clare. Looking forward to the break!

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    We're off on our first family holiday tomorrow :) Just a cheapy week in Co. Clare. Looking forward to the break!

Have a lovely time, myself and oh are off for five days to Malta tomorrow too.

First holiday together in three years!

Thanks for all the congrats guys! The relief that I get to leave my current job is crazy! I don't see myself being in this job long term but a year or so of experience in this role should really stand to me. Exciting!! :D

How is everyone this morning? Mondays, bleurgh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

My question is where did the morning go??

A friend of mine picked me up an Airport Toblerone. :D \o/

My mates train got cancelled as we were walking out of work so we just went for dinner instead. Dinner, dessert, wine. Yussssss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My son is 11 today, can't believe I have a child that age! Where do the years go?!

So many of my friends are getting engaged and having babies. It's unsettling me a bit. In my head I'm still only a baby myself, but this kind of stuff makes me feel like I should have a few sprogs! No way I'm ready for that though, I've only just about managed to keep an Orchid alive, I'd never manage a baby! :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I've only just about managed to keep an Orchid alive, I'd never manage a baby! :P

You'd be surprised.

I've killed many orchids and house plants. The kids are still kicking though!

Haha that's encouraging :)

Picked up what I think is a tummy bug so lying in bed feeling a little sorry for myself but also incredibly bored but have just been in bed. Given that five teaching staff and the students in my last lesson commented on how bad I looked, and that my head of department gave out to me for being in yesterday, I thought it wise not to go in when I didn't feel right or look well this morning.

Only problem is that I've very little food in the house, as Sunday is normally my shopping day. Might try and have food and then walk into Tesco, do some shopping and see if I can pick up something to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My aunt died. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So sorry S&S. Thinking of you.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You'd be surprised.

I've killed many orchids and house plants. The kids are still kicking though!

Same here. I've even managed to kill off artificial flowers and plants. But the kid is doing grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My condolences, S&S.

Thanks, ladies. In the middle of my exams so can't go home til tomorrow. Very unexpected. In shock.

Thanks, ladies. In the middle of my exams so can't go home til tomorrow. Very unexpected. In shock.

Very sorry to read that, I hope you are coping as best as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Sorry to hear that S&S :(

Sorry for your loss, s&s. Dark times. Mind yourself, and PM is open if you want.

Hope your exams go well x

Sorry for your loss S&S. Maybe speak to whoever is organising the exams so they might take into account that you have some personal issues going on. Look after yourself :)

• Advertisement

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss S&S. Maybe speak to whoever is organising the exams so they might take into account that you have some personal issues going on. Look after yourself :)

Thanks. Unfortunately they're professional exams so I don't think I'd have much luck. :(

Advertisement