Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Thanks. Unfortunately they're professional exams so I don't think I'd have much luck. :(

I hope they go ok for you, best of luck :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks. Unfortunately they're professional exams so I don't think I'd have much luck. :(

Good luck with them

Friday!!! I have all the things to do this weekend but I'm almost hallucinating about having a slight lie in tomorrow morning. (I've just realised I'm getting really old when I feel that 9am is a lie in!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Anyone else get shat on by a thunderb@stard of a seagull at lunchtime today?

No?

Just me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just realised that we weren't posting in this thread!

Guys, we need baby nicknames for Ivy and RK. Any Easter themed suggestions? (See their posts in the What Made You Smile thread!) :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Apart from Easter, there's also the 6 Nations! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Apart from Easter, there's also the 6 Nations! :)

Crouch, touch, pause, puuuuuuuuuush?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

One could be chicken, one could be egg and we could answer the age old question once and for all!!

Great news ladies congratulations xx

baby bunny and baby chocolate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Joey and Chandler got these guys at easter...

78da1bb4bf4778c1eae5e8a0da329254.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Congratulations ladies! :)

the chick and the duck! yes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ivy's needs to be the duck cos duck and pancakes go well together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Ivy's needs to be the duck cos duck and pancakes go well together

Mmm...duck and pancake... I mean, congrats Ivy! :D

Congrats to you too, RK! I like egg. Or unicorn. I feel like a Rainbow Kirby would have a baby unicorn! :D

Ye have made me smile with that news, ladies. New babies are the best. I was one once. Specifically 24 years ago today. #happybirthdaytome

happy birthday!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I feel like a Rainbow Kirby would have a baby unicorn! :D

Capture.PNG
    I was one once. Specifically 24 years ago today. #happybirthdaytome

Happy Birthday!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dozens of super mario themed names available for baby RK and hubby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Happy birthday and congrats on all the little babies.

Just back from a weekend in Belgium, was lovely! why didn't I take today off as well!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Ah congratulations on the babies!

And happy birthday!

It's himself's birthday as well today. We are going for a great big curry feast in celebration this evening. I love curry.

Curry.

Belated Happy Birthday S&S :)

It's surely home time already yeah? No? 10am? Ok :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Congratulations ladies :)

Oh yeah and congrats to you both on the baby news! :) There's definitely something in the water lately :)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congratulations to RK and Ivy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Congrats on all the babies & birthdays! This is such a happy thread lately. :D

I am ridiculously tired today, don't know how I'll make it through the rest of the day. Half expecting to fall asleep during lunch.

I don't get how insurance works. In my 2014 policy I had a small accident that wasn't actually my fault but ended up going on my insurance so as I had open claim at end of policy I had to stay with the same insurance company. Claim came in about a month later for a little over €200. Didn't have €200 to spare at the time to pay if off...so just paid it off there at the end of 2015 policy to give me back a 2 year no claims and reduce my policy renewal costs.
    So I paid like €2xx last week...and today I got a cheque for nearly €700 from the insurance company of a refund for what I paid on last years policy.

WTF?? why didn't they just take it from that rather than me paying up last week? Anyway...I've a cheque to lodge that I wasn't expecting and that I really needed right now :D

I thought that was going to be a bad story but then it was a good story

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Congrats on babies and birthdays

Had a horrible commute home, I was on the quays beside Jimmy chungs waiting for my bus. There were a couple of junkies high as a kite nearby.

One of them came up to me, grabbed me, and tried to grab my phone from my jacket.

Pushed her away and she staggered off down the street, went into Jimmy chungs, who tried to throw her out, she got in a fight with them, and they decided to restrain her and called the cops who eventually arrived and took her away.

Not realising that the staff in Jimmy chungs were restraining her I spent a good ten minutes waiting for her to reappear

That's horrible Stheno. Hope you're ok :(
    You never know whether you should fight back or not!

Ah I'm fine now tbh, it was more the shock, and waiting to see if she'd reappear before the bus arrived.

I'd not fight back much tbh, if she'd been more aggressive she would have had the phone, she was spaced out though

• Advertisement

Oh stheno that's horrible, something like that can really shake you x

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Asked to work on the transport team for the remaining Twickenham matches, just need to confirm everything, so I'll be working post match for the QF's, SF's and final!! Excited isn't the word - means I have a legit excuse to be and around Twickenham early on those days and soak up the atmosphere as I don't have to check in until HT in each game.

Had a lesson observation last Friday, after only four hours sleep and having worked a double day (7.30 to 1.10 at school, then 3.30 until 10.30 in RWC media centre) - that day ended up being the day from hell. Met HoD for breakfast at 6.30, into work for 7.15 preparing the observation, taught first two lessons, lesson 1 being the observation, break duty, two lessons followed by a quick trip to the shop to get food while on my phone organising something, came back about to sit and enjoy 15 minutes of silence and relaxation while eating to be told I was supposed to be in a meeting, followed by last lesson, then an extension class until 4. So no break from 7.15 until 4.

Did the England v Australia game on Saturday working after match transport - was great fun. Even got my own light sabre and team radio - did at one stage get lifted off the wall I was standing on. Number of people who said thank you was amazing though - you don't do it for that, but it was really nice. 1000% sure you wouldn't get it doing a football game!

Anyway, got the feedback from my lesson observation and she said if I had to give it a grade, it would probably be outstanding :D:D:D:D Going through a funny time atm, where I'm kinda putting myself down as the marking that we have to do I simply cannot get my head around, and I cannot seem to get myself organised. I think this weekend will be clear out sh*te from my bedroom as that could be having a negative effect - its fairly messy!!

Asked to work on the transport team for the remaining Twickenham matches, just need to confirm everything, so I'll be working post match for the QF's, SF's and final!! Excited isn't the word - means I have a legit excuse to be and around Twickenham early on those days and soak up the atmosphere as I don't have to check in until HT in each game.

Had a lesson observation last Friday, after only four hours sleep and having worked a double day (7.30 to 1.10 at school, then 3.30 until 10.30 in RWC media centre) - that day ended up being the day from hell. Met HoD for breakfast at 6.30, into work for 7.15 preparing the observation, taught first two lessons, lesson 1 being the observation, break duty, two lessons followed by a quick trip to the shop to get food while on my phone organising something, came back about to sit and enjoy 15 minutes of silence and relaxation while eating to be told I was supposed to be in a meeting, followed by last lesson, then an extension class until 4. So no break from 7.15 until 4.

Did the England v Australia game on Saturday working after match transport - was great fun. Even got my own light sabre and team radio - did at one stage get lifted off the wall I was standing on. Number of people who said thank you was amazing though - you don't do it for that, but it was really nice. 1000% sure you wouldn't get it doing a football game!

Anyway, got the feedback from my lesson observation and she said if I had to give it a grade, it would probably be outstanding :D:D:D:D Going through a funny time atm, where I'm kinda putting myself down as the marking that we have to do I simply cannot get my head around, and I cannot seem to get myself organised. I think this weekend will be clear out sh*te from my bedroom as that could be having a negative effect - its fairly messy!!

Good for you :)

The job I work part time in we get assessed yearly, and my last assessment, my asseessor told me it was not designed for people like me as we don't need it.

Then told me he fails 25% of people he assesses

I was very flattered.

Stheno that's horrible, glad you're ok :)

It worries me sometimes, how vulnerable we really are and how easily someone could harm us. Heard a story at the weekend that really shook me actually. This girl was telling me (in the middle of waxing my legs and lady bits haha) that last year she opened her door to let her dog out before bed and noticed the gate was open. Her boyfriend went to close it, thinking he forgot earlier. Suddenly he was screaming at her to run. Two men in balaclavas with axes had broken into the garden and were waiting for them to go to bed but her boyfriend had disturbed them. One of them smacked her dog over the head with the axe and then chased them out of their home and stood at their front door while they ran down the street screaming for help. She hasn't been back since and they had to move in with his parents for a while until they got a new house sorted as she can't go back to it. Only upside is that her doggy was ok in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I fought back once. I was 15 and mugged at the bus stop on my way home from school. It was in the middle of o'Connell street and not a single person came to help, even though there were 6 of them! Ended up grabbing one of their tops and wouldn't let go until they gave me back my phone and bag. The guy ended up biting me so I ended up in a&e getting hepatitis tests and had to have follow up blood screening done a few months later for HIV. Also ended up having torn a muscle in my neck.

No phone is worth that! Fight or flight though, and I fought.

I wouldn't fight again though. That's for sure.

Hope you're okay Stheno. And congrats to Ivy and RK. And belated birthday wishes!

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Stheno that's horrible, glad you're ok :)

It worries me sometimes, how vulnerable we really are and how easily someone could harm us.

Do you know what, it's hitting me more now.

I tend to just womble along and do my best to avoid people and getting in the way, so when it happened, I just reacted.

Then after it happened, I was afraid.

Now a few hours later, somewhere (i.e. that bus stop) is somewhere that I now feel is dangerous, so I'll plan in future to get there just in time.

I just don't want that sort of confrontation again, it was really horrid.

I don't often work in the city centre but when I do I use that bus all the time, and never had problems before, but today really made me feel horribly vulnerable

• Advertisement

As my mother would say, a nice shot of brandy for the nerves will sort you right out :)

I've never had a physical altercation with anyone luckily, it must be a horrible experience. Treat yourself to something nice, it'll distract you a bit too. It'll all feel better after a good nights sleep (I really am turning into my mother!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Ivy and RK congrats on the baby news!!

S&S Happy Birthday

I really hope you are ok! I also get my bus from there :/

Similar thing happened when I was heading back up to Dublin from home. They didn't get anything and I came back with a fcuked up shoulder.

I am so fed up of studying.

My exam is tomorrow and nothing is going in and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail.

Weeeh.

/rant

You'll be fine misslt! Maybe take a little break and go for a walk and clear your head for a bit?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sore throat sucks :(:(

• Advertisement

Sore throat sucks :(:(

Especially when you have to talk all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Had to get bloods taken this morning to check some stuff out in my blood (my GP told me what she was testing - all of the letters - and said "you're a scientist, you probably know more about these than I do" so I actually haven't a clue what is being tested :P ). Anyway. Decided to ask for my cholesterol to be checked too while I was being stabbed anyway. So it was a fasting test. Needed I think 6 vials taken and halfway through the last one - BOOM. I keeled over. Came around and couldn't see or hear or anything. Scary. Was all good after some food. I really hate needles.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Had to get bloods taken this morning to check some stuff out in my blood (my GP told me what she was testing - all of the letters - and said "you're a scientist, you probably know more about these than I do" so I actually haven't a clue what is being tested :P ). Anyway. Decided to ask for my cholesterol to be checked too while I was being stabbed anyway. So it was a fasting test. Needed I think 6 vials taken and halfway through the last one - BOOM. I keeled over. Came around and couldn't see or hear or anything. Scary. Was all good after some food. I really hate needles.

Glad you are ok!

Woohoo I got a new job! Before maternity leave I was working one day a week temporarily (for 5 years!) somewhere and picking up days here and there in between. Just got a permanent two day a week job 15 mins walk from my house - exactly what I was looking for

^ She's adorable :)

Congrats on the new job!

Itch what a day it's been mental

Sore throat has progressed a flu type thing - heading to bed with cold and flu tablets feeling sorry for myself :(:(

misslt wrote: »
    I am so fed up of studying.

My exam is tomorrow and nothing is going in and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail.

Weeeh.

/rant

Good luck! you'll nail it! you've nailed the others :D:D
    I'm up next tuesday. cram cram cram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Why don't people help others out when they are in bother?
    I nipped over to the "big town" on my lunch hour to return something. But whatever way I pulled into the parking space, I wedged my front passenger tyre right against the kerb and the car wouldn't reverse back when I went to return to work. Tried forward, back, move the wheel at different angles, etc and the car would not reverse from the parking space. Got out, looked the the car, trying to figure it out, etc - starting to get panicked cos I was going to be late back for work. But at least two cars of well able bodied men saw my predicament and either got into or out of their cars and never offered to help me. One women sat in her jeep in the row across from me watching the whole time! My husband works in the town and I rang him to help me, and he moved the car.
    *shame*

bluewolf wrote: »
    Good luck! you'll nail it! you've nailed the others :D:D
    I'm up next tuesday. cram cram cram

Don't think I nailed it. What an odd paper!

But it's done and I am freeeeeeee!

For like 3 weeks until I have to do CA2 :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement