Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Your da should see a solicitor, Ly. That's assault civilly (and potentially criminally, tbh, to contradict the guards). Sue the fécker out of it!

Having a weird week. On the one hand, an idea I had has turned into a "thing". I appear to have started an initiative/organisation that could really help people. On the other hand, not on good terms with my parents. They said some horrible stuff to me last night. Yet somehow I'm a drama queen for getting annoyed/upset. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Your da should see a solicitor, Ly. That's assault civilly (and potentially criminally, tbh, to contradict the guards). Sue the fécker out of it!

My Dad's a lawyer. The detective he was talking offered to arrest the guy but my Dad knew the DPP wouldn't have enough to prosecute. I think they had a word with him, just to let him know they're aware of the situation. The guard has the local squad car drive past once or twice a day. And of course my Dad didn't want to be alone at night.

I don't think anything will happen, at least I hope not. Especially as I don't know how much help I can be in anything. The guy was just making the threat to seem intimidating. My father does everything by the book, and is generally quite nervous anyway. The lead up to my sister going interrailing was hell for everyone with his nerves, especially when he found out she didn't have accommodation booked for every night, had no set schedule and was just planning on winging it. If you go out for a night, and say you'll be home by midnight you'll have ten missed calls on your phone by one am, which happened to my brother when he stayed here one time despite being 26, living on his own and working a steady job.

I think the guy is just an angry man, has no intention of do anything, and doesn't realise that words like that can really frighten someone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Finally feeling like I'm getting over the whiplash. Chat with my head of department earlier in the week, and then I sent her a very long email explaining all the reasons why I'm not happy currently. Deputy head teacher got on my nerves with a snarky email Thursday copied into my head of department - despite three emails saying that the stuff was due in on Thursday, which I understood and normally is 3pm Thursday, he actually meant before Thursday i.e. Wednesday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emailed him back with a little bit of a smart answer quoting the email, and got a reply last night at 8pm, but not an apology for the original email - said it would be clearer next time.

Set of books and exam papers to make, heating on and hoodie on, leftover pizza - happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I have the flu.

But I'm off today and I have stew slow cooking right now that I came wait to devour.

First time making it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I think there's a dose going around the office, half of us are coughing and croaking all over the place. Bleh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

A colleague pinged me today asking could they borrow one of my laptops.

Sure I said, then discovered the power adaptor for the fupping thing has mysteriously disappeared.

IN looking for it I have found a total of EIGHT laptop adaptors, but not the one I need :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Said same colleague has been a peach and is picking up laptop sans power supply tomorrow.

I promised her ages ago that she could have all my leftover products from when I had hair as opposed to the severe crop I currently have.

She also has a five year old who is getting a few goodies, and I'm hoping she likes a surprise couple of things I put in as she's a peach to deal with :)

Sometimes it feels really nice to be nice, I reckon about lunchtime tomorrow I'm gonna get a nice text once she unpacks everything, and I'm looking forward to her enjoying the stuff, she works really hard and is super to deal with, and has had a bit of a tough break the past couple of years, if she gets five minutes pleasure out of the stuff I'll be delighted :)

Stheno wrote: »
    Said same colleague has been a peach and is picking up laptop sans power supply tomorrow.

I promised her ages ago that she could have all my leftover products from when I had hair as opposed to the severe crop I currently have.

She also has a five year old who is getting a few goodies, and I'm hoping she likes a surprise couple of things I put in as she's a peach to deal with :)

Sometimes it feels really nice to be nice, I reckon about lunchtime tomorrow I'm gonna get a nice text once she unpacks everything, and I'm looking forward to her enjoying the stuff, she works really hard and is super to deal with, and has had a bit of a tough break the past couple of years, if she gets five minutes pleasure out of the stuff I'll be delighted :)

So chuffed with this, my colleague/friend sent me mms of her child enjoying their surprises this evening, was lovely to see.

She was delighted with all her goodies, but her child was just thrilled :)

I also had the most fantastic day in work, today was a truly lovely day :)

Having serious doubts about my relationship. He's great and I love him, but I just feel too young for this kind of commitment..

Having serious doubts about my relationship. He's great and I love him, but I just feel too young for this kind of commitment..

What is he looking for commitment wise? I'm the opposite, my OH is planning a career move that means we lose our home etc and he doesn't talk to me about it, it causes rows

• Advertisement

What is he looking for commitment wise? I'm the opposite, my OH is planning a career move that means we lose our home etc and he doesn't talk to me about it, it causes rows

It's not him, it's more like pressure of being with one person forever. Trying not to think in terms of forever helps. But we've talked about moving in and marriage and stuff in the past. Guess I've just freaked myself out!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you love him, and want him, and want to be with him. If being with him builds you up. And if he feels the same way. That is rare and precious. No matter what age you are.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    If you love him, and want him, and want to be with him. If being with him builds you up. And if he feels the same way. That is rare and precious. No matter what age you are.

Thanks, Das. I'm overthinking things, really. This is what I need to remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

S&S - there's no rush into anything! It can be nice to talk and plan ahead but take it one step at a time. You'll be fine :)

Today is a crawl under my desk and sleep kind of day. So bloody tired. Not even Coke Zero and the Haribos from a Wiggle delivery are helping...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

S&S - there's no rush into anything! It can be nice to talk and plan ahead but take it one step at a time. You'll be fine :)

Today is a crawl under my desk and sleep kind of day. So bloody tired. Not even Coke Zero and the Haribos from a Wiggle delivery are helping...

Think it's the weather. I thought I was gonna have to nap in the loo in work this afternoon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've decided that there must be very few situations worse than having to stay in hospital when there's not actually anything wrong with you.

I've been here since Sun night because I was scheduled for surgery on Mon except that was then delayed til tomorrow but I haven't been allowed to go home in the meantime. Instead I'm stuck here in bed with crap hospital meals trying to find ways to waste time! Bring on me actually needing nurses tomorrow!

Am also wrecked, not helped by today's customer breaking my brain with way too much technical detail :

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Das Kitty wrote: »

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've decided that there must be very few situations worse than having to stay in hospital when there's not actually anything wrong with you.

I've been here since Sun night because I was scheduled for surgery on Mon except that was then delayed til tomorrow but I haven't been allowed to go home in the meantime. Instead I'm stuck here in bed with crap hospital meals trying to find ways to waste time! Bring on me actually needing nurses tomorrow!

Oh I feel your pain - and I only had it for 2 days when brought in for induction and nothing happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh I feel your pain - and I only had it for 2 days when brought in for induction and nothing happened!
    Me too!
    But I decided to treat it like a hotel stay (albeit with not great food) before the craziness started. So I read loads of books, did some sewing, and just took it easy, guilt free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I'm wrecked tired this week too, been in bed before 10 most nights. Hurry up weekend where I can snooooooze. Plans for the weekend everyone? :)

Gig tomorrow night and Top Gear live at the O2 on Saturday - gotta love my company having a box and getting tickets for a tenner through the sports and social.

I'd kill for a good solid ten hour sleep though...

SillyBeans wrote: »
    I'm wrecked tired this week too, been in bed before 10 most nights. Hurry up weekend where I can snooooooze. Plans for the weekend everyone? :)

Gonna get chapter one of my thesis done, clear out a pile of crap from the house, get my desk in the dining room cleared, go to the Leinster game tomorrow night, maybe see if OH wants to upgrade our ancient telly in the bedroom, have a quiet night in Saturday with him and his kids, and go somewhere nice for Dinner Sunday with said kids.

I'm waiting however to hear if I have to go to Donegal Sunday for work Monday :(

I'm also hoping that over the weekend a weird pain in my boob will go away, have it most of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've decided that there must be very few situations worse than having to stay in hospital when there's not actually anything wrong with you!

Oh God, it's the worst. I was admitted the week before I was induced due to high blood pressure, I just wanted to be at home to do last minute panic baby-prep, which in retrospect mightn't have helped. Finally got out, only to be induced a few days later where again nothing happened for a day and a half, until it did, very fast. I figured that was my consolation prize for all of the aforementioned waiting around :pac:

That was almost a year ago, I'm back at work on Monday. Weh.

Just had a very "**** is getting real" meeting in work about how they're planning for my maternity cover... :eek:

Of course, little one decided that it would be the craic to have Gymnastics Time for the entire meeting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

It's been a bit of a tumultuous week. My anxiety has been getting to me. As a method of staving it off I scoured the whole apartment over a couple of days. Including stripping and getting into the shower to scrub the whole thing. Yesterday was tough, I had done all the cleaning and had nothing to distract me so come 4pm I was ready to ring my parents and come home for the weekend.

The big plus is my parents have the piano here, so I've been tootling away on that. Last night I bought a piano method/tutor book and spent this morning practising away on it. It didn't help that it felt like I had a pit in my stomach, although a small sandwich helped with that.

I'm really enjoying the piano. It's just something to focus on for thirty minutes, and make sounds but it's a great way to chill out. My rent is going up in January so I'm going to have to be very strict on my spendings, and even more so if I want to save up for a digitial piano.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Couple of weeks ago I booked tickets to the recording of Clare Balding's show as a present to me on my birthday, didn't know who the guests would be, but last Monday found out Steven Gerrard was going to be on it, which I was delighted about. Checked today to see if they have updated it, and Jose Mourinho the Chelsea manager is going to be there as well :) Delighted!!!!

Spent last night and most of today creating the images and building our new club website, well happy with how it is looking at the moment

Observation went extremely well on Thursday - got some informal feedback and it was great. First time that I was very happy about my lesson and confident that it was outstanding!

OHs kids who are 25 and 22 were over for their monthly weekend stay last night.

OH went to bed early, and myself and the kids organised Christmas. My present (four bottles of rip off perfume from Lidl) is sorted, OHs present from them is going to be a different coloured version of a jumper he loves and they will contribute to the cost, their presents are almost sorted, his son is getting a bit of a wardrobe spruce up, and possibly a voucher for a training course in something he is interested in, his daughter kinda wants a laptop (very expensive) and we might have a compromise.

They will be here Christmas day, and I jokingly said that son can do the cooking, and daughter can do the wash up, son appears genuinely interested in having a go :)

It was a lovely weekend, we just went out to dinner and had chat about loads of stuff. If you told me ten years ago I'd be "stepmom" to two adult children I'd have laughed at you :)

The past year or so I've made more of an effort, and it's really paid off, we (me and the two kids) collaborate on presents now for him, and it's fun, they struggle to figure out what he'd like as presents, so asking me means they end up getting him something he'd like/want, and given that we share the cost means they get him something that bit more expensive than they could afford :)

The treatment of Sinead O'Connor on Twitter / Facebook / boards by some people really highlights why people with mental health issues in Ireland don't tell people.

Ignorant, immature comments. She's not attention seeking. She's seeking help.

I hope she gets it.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    The treatment of Sinead O'Connor on Twitter / Facebook / boards by some people really highlights why people with mental health issues in Ireland don't tell people.

Ignorant, immature comments. She's not attention seeking. She's seeking help.

I hope she gets it.
    Highlights the state of mental health services in this country outside of 9-5 MOnday to Friday imo

Happy December.

Officially Christmas FM & Christmas t-shirt time.

Healthy eating goes out the window. See you in January, lettuce.

Office Christmas decorations up, planning the decorations for home, and a good chunk of presents bought already.

Who are you and what have you done with the real iwantmydinner

I really do hate when being sensible and waiting until payday to buy something results in it being sold out in my size. :mad:

My feet are still like blocks of ice after having to walk through the floods earlier :(

My feet are still like blocks of ice after having to walk through the floods earlier :(

The weather is just awful. We actually drew straws to decide who had to go get everyone's lunch in work today...

Am off to Paris in the morning. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

There's the odd day you have that's magic

Today I had such a day.

I was working from home, so the OH brought me tea in bed while I slept late.
    Then I went down to my friends shop where she has been holding an order for me and we'd great craic
    Then as I've been sick the past few days, I rang one of the guys I work with to explain that and all was fine.

Then I'd a lovely meal with the OH and then we went Santa shopping for his kids (kids = 22 and 15, but it's a long tradition)

GIven it was a Friday, it was just a lovely lovely day

Total first world problem: I have an incredibly cute Christmas jumper. Mild day in December (around 13-14c) + warm office + 25 week internal heat = too warm to wear the fecking thng as anything other than a coat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Total first world problem: I have an incredibly cute Christmas jumper. Mild day in December (around 13-14c) + warm office + 25 week internal heat = too warm to wear the fecking thng as anything other than a coat!

Photo required! :)

Another first world problem here - I got a new work mobile on Friday and a rather protracted switching over process means I am now carrying around three phones...

Can I have more hours in the day - just need some proper sleep. Had resorted to taking some tablets that I know make me sleepy a few days ago, and today when I need to be awake to get a huge list done, I'm a little dopey - thinking of dozing for a bit and then get up again

• Advertisement

Little Gingerbread is one today. One! Seriously the fastest year of my life. He's already trying to walk and talk and #kantkope

Oh mah gad no way!! Happy birthday to him! But holy crap that was a fast year!

Up since about 2.30 this morning, worked until 5.30 then had a shower and breakfast before being first into work. Ten minutes into lesson 1, I got completely bunged up and have now nearly lost my voice. Have a lunch meeting followed by a lesson followed by football club, which I'm thinking of cancelling because I feel so rotten. One of my colleagues has already been sent home in tears with pain from something which she has had for ages but being fairly secretive about, which is weird in our department! I probably should go home, but was sent home last Friday so don't want to make a habit of it!

Happy birthday Gingerbread! Hard to believe that it has already been a year!

Photo required! :)

Awkward selfie in the bathroom at work... it's a little big on me at the moment tbh!

Actually can't believe Gingerbread is a year old - fastest year ever!

Happy birthday gingerbread!!

Ladies, where do you do your online shopping for gifts, etc? Because I'm housebound post-surgery, I'm going to have to do all my gift shopping online and pretty soon but I can't seem to find stuff anywhere! I've been trawling amazon but it's hard when I don't have any good ideas for gifts to start with! Any different/fun sites that I could use?

Awkward selfie in the bathroom at work... it's a little big on me at the moment tbh!

Actually can't believe Gingerbread is a year old - fastest year ever!

Christmas pud in the oven, I love it! I have to run home and get him now, poor mite is sick on his birthday :(

Happy birthday gingerbread!!

Ladies, where do you do your online shopping for gifts, etc? Because I'm housebound post-surgery, I'm going to have to do all my gift shopping online and pretty soon but I can't seem to find stuff anywhere! I've been trawling amazon but it's hard when I don't have any good ideas for gifts to start with! Any different/fun sites that I could use?
    Asos? They have random things there. Hope the surgery recovery is going well.

HB gingerbread :)

sullivlo wrote: »
    Asos? They have random things there. Hope the surgery recovery is going well.

HB gingerbread :)

I've been on ASOS everyday but it's no use for parent shopping. Great for me though! ;-)

I Find Arnotts website great. Get a lot of stuff there

Debenhams have a pretty good range - a lot of beauty gift sets too which look nice as a gift.

• Advertisement
Advertisement