Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

How is it only half two? Longest. Day. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

She's a bit fresh this morning. i.e. I can't feel my toes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Happy Birthday Gingerbread!

I love the Christmas jumper, RK! :)

Your jumper makes me want to get pregnant so that I can wear it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The OH and I have both been struck down with a nasty stomach bug since yesterday, I've had a milder dose of it than him, he's in bed all day today.

As a treat, I've booked him in for a hot stone massage, foot massage, and Indian Head massage on Saturday, he loves that stuff and it really chills him out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Does anyone know where I can get petite workout trousers online in Ireland? It seems to be impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Does anyone know where I can get petite workout trousers online in Ireland? It seems to be impossible!

I've never had to buy petite anything, being *ahem* big boned, but I do love Lifestyle Sports website and also Sports Direct is worth a try. Good luck!

I've never had to buy petite anything, being *ahem* big boned, but I do love Lifestyle Sports website and also Sports Direct is worth a try. Good luck!

Tried both and no luck. I could go for capri's but they tend to sit weird if you are wearing them as a full trousers (which they are on me). Being a midget is so hard :( I can't understand why places don't do petite/short sizes.

Bummer! Deffo thought Sports Direct would have something, even a cheapie.

Half looking at trying to get away to sunshine in February. Hope there are some good deals...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I'm watching a program where a woman is addicted to snorting baby powder.

In comparison, I feel a little bit normal ... woohoo! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Remember I'd a tooth out a few weeks ago and was complaining about the pain?

The attached just came loose from my gum :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Stheno wrote: »

I'm afraid to click >.<

Stheno wrote: »

Ouch. Is the pain gone?

I can make it out - is it another tooth? Is the pain easing?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Getting involved in something new over in London that I am excited about, but meeting last night went very late so tired today, and had breakfast meeting at 6.30, five lessons plus break duty. On the upside, my first ever credit card arrived - only got one to help be more organised with booking cheaper flights further in advance and paying them off over two or three months rather than a huge hit in one go. So tempting to buy everything, with 6 months 0% finance.

Choked with a cold, hoping it doesn't turn into a chest infection as if it does, I probably won't be able to stay at home as my mum is after surgery if it doesn't clear up. 6 days until I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Ouch. Is the pain gone?
    I can make it out - is it another tooth? Is the pain easing?

It's a piece of tooth/bone that got loose during the extraction and had to work its way out.

Pain gone :)
    Getting involved in something new over in London that I am excited about, but meeting last night went very late so tired today, and had breakfast meeting at 6.30, five lessons plus break duty. On the upside, my first ever credit card arrived - only got one to help be more organised with booking cheaper flights further in advance and paying them off over two or three months rather than a huge hit in one go. So tempting to buy everything, with 6 months 0% finance.

Choked with a cold, hoping it doesn't turn into a chest infection as if it does, I probably won't be able to stay at home as my mum is after surgery if it doesn't clear up. 6 days until I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh I hope you get better soon!

Oh dear god Stheno, thoughts of it!!

Rebel girl I hope you feel better soon x

Oh guys, just started a new job in a kitchen and it's mostly women except for two guys. One of the guys is a bit...weird and I hate using that word because I feel like such a b*tch. On the first day one of the other girls had told me he was a bit creepy but to be honest I prefer to assess things for myself before passing judgement.

He was grand for the first week or so, but it became clear he liked me asking me if I had a boyfriend/married and that he would like to cook for me, etc. Before I'd barely spoken to him. And today he was teaching me some stuff so I was alone with him a lot. He was touching me a lot and kept calling me "Good girl", honey, "sweetheart", "lovely girl" "princess" BTW he's only a couple years older than me.

Now to be fair that is not a reason to dislike him but it did rub me the wrong way. Then while we were working he started repeatedly telling me how beautiful I was and touching me a fair bit (not in inappropriate places) but it was beginning to grate on me because I was trying to show limited interest. As I'm writing this, I feel like it seems like nothing but I felt quite uncomfortable around him and couldn't wait to finish. He kept telling me we'd have a " conversation" about "this" at some point.

I have no interest in this guy (his personality is not nice to me) but I'm not big on confrontation either and the place I work is fairly small. My brother suggested just telling him straight out I'm not interested instead of saying I have a BF (because some men see that as hopeful) but I really don't want him to react badly (not saying he will, but I get the sense that could be a possibility). What would ye do? And am I a b*tch/overreacting? I'm sorry for the long post but this has been at me since I came home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh guys, just started a new job in a kitchen and it's mostly women except for two guys. One of the guys is a bit...weird and I hate using that word because I feel like such a b*tch. On the first day one of the other girls had told me he was a bit creepy but to be honest I prefer to assess things for myself before passing judgement.

He was grand for the first week or so, but it became clear he liked me asking me if I had a boyfriend/married and that he would like to cook for me, etc. Before I'd barely spoken to him. And today he was teaching me some stuff so I was alone with him a lot. He was touching me a lot and kept calling me "Good girl", honey, "sweetheart", "lovely girl" "princess" BTW he's only a couple years older than me.

Now to be fair that is not a reason to dislike him but it did rub me the wrong way. Then while we were working he started repeatedly telling me how beautiful I was and touching me a fair bit (not in inappropriate places) but it was beginning to grate on me because I was trying to show limited interest. As I'm writing this, I feel like it seems like nothing but I felt quite uncomfortable around him and couldn't wait to finish. He kept telling me we'd have a " conversation" about "this" at some point.

I have no interest in this guy (his personality is not nice to me) but I'm not big on confrontation either and the place I work is fairly small. My brother suggested just telling him straight out I'm not interested instead of saying I have a BF (because some men see that as hopeful) but I really don't want him to react badly (not saying he will, but I get the sense that could be a possibility). What would ye do? And am I a b*tch/overreacting? I'm sorry for the long post but this has been at me since I came home.

You need to tell him to stop touching you and coming in to you. Even if he takes it badly. You are work colleagues and he is being wildly inappropriate. If he persists after that, straight to the boss.

In my experience, who you've described is the sort of guy who won't take no for an answer. Someone you need to be direct with. I was actually livid reading about how he's treating you. The creep. Don't diminish his harassment of you, because that's what it is.

The fact that he made you feel uncomfortable means it's not nothing. I'm terrible at confrontation too so can understand where you're coming from but you need to say it to him

• Advertisement

Thanks guys being not big on confrontation and this being a small kitchen I think I'll pull the boyfriend card and see if that stops it. If not, then I will make it clear to him I'm not interested. I should have opened my mouth and said it yesterday but I just couldn't seem able as stupid as that sounds, I couldn't wait to just leave. I thought it would get the hint though because I was acting pretty cold/reserved towards him the minute I became aware that he was very interested in me. The funny thing was after I was blaming myself, why did you smile, be friendly to him clearly you sent the wrong message. At won point when he was telling me how beautiful I was I went red and maybe he thought again that was a sign of interest when in fact I was just so uncomfortable. I'm working Monday so hopefully I'll be able to set him straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The follow up to my urban fantasy book should be ready to go by next weekend. It will be the first thing I've published since September.

I just have to finish one more story, and then make sure everything is up to scratch editing wise. Then I have the hassle of making a cover, and a blurb, and sorting out keywords. Plus uploading it to the various sites.

I'm hoping this will be the boost I need to get my full length novel going in sales. This one will be a series of short stories, vignettes on the urban fantasy world where I set my novel. It's definitely a challenge, because the writing is much more introspective and less action orientated. There's a couple of stories all about thoughts. Some of the stories have a lot of interaction with the world, and have things going on, but I do wonder how the more thoughtful pieces will go down.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Went to Reading today and got a photo in front of the Christmas Coca Cola truck :D Very little shopping done, but at least I now have some decent ideas!

On the downside, have to go to the doctor tomorrow, need to stop any infection early so I can get home - ended up bailing on our department night out because I felt so wrecked last night. Got extremely close to hitting my absolute breaking point

My second book is up now on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019BEHM5Q

It's a bit different the first. With that one I tried to make it pacy, with something big happening in every chapter. The second book is a series of short stories, and it's more about showing the world with vampires, fae, and shifters in it. I think it's more introspective in places, so the writing was a lot harder.

Both books were different experiences. The first was a hard slog to write, getting the story down and the pages out. The second was harder on the actual craft of writing.

Going by how my gum feels this evening I've another piece of loose tooth/bone making it's way through my gum.

Entire experience with this new dentist has been a nightmare, it took me months to work up the courage to go to a dentist and start getting good dental hygiene in place, knowing I'm a smoker.

I go, get a tooth out, spend three weeks in severe pain, go back for treatment for him to tell me it's due to my being a smoker, a week later I have that chunk I posted about come out, and now there's another sharp lump trying to break through my gum.

I'm going back to my old dentist, he's a fecker to get an appointment with due to my lack of availability, but he took out a wisdom tooth for me a few years ago, and I was perfectly fine.

At the moment I literally feel like I have a new tooth breaking through my gum.

Really not encouraging me to adopt good dental hygiene with this much hassle/pain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

A friend in the uk has posted about zig and zag on facebook...so it made me reminise. This video has everything...zig and zag, zuppy, soky, snotser, podge and rodge...OTT :pac:

https://youtu.be/TO1YfW1xaHM?t=93

Okay so update to this story: I decided to make it clear I had a boyfriend and I might as well have said nothing. I should have taken your advice DAS KITTY, he proceeding to ask me if I liked superhero films and that we would go see a film tonight. Apparently that would be totally fine with my boyfriend because he would tell him how beautiful I was and that he was as he put it, weirdly, "a good boy". I told him that that wasn't going to happen. Then he continues asking me questions about myself including "Does your boyfriend tell you how beautiful you are?" "Does he bring you flowers?" finally he told me he wanted me to keep working at the café because he "loved working with a beautiful woman".

Excuse my french, but this guy is f*king unbelievable. I don't think cultural differences can be an excuse. He told me he had studied psychology, you'd think he could read my angry/uninterested body language :mad: I was getting so stressed out, as silly as it sounds, by his behaviour and I'm dealing with anxiety issues at that moment and really don't need this. I'm a naturally passive non-confrontational person but I will just have to be really direct with him. Should have followed by brother's advice. :o My father's advice (jokingly) was to say yes to the cinema date then bring him down a alleyway short-cut where my dad would deal with him. :pac: Sorry guys you're probably sick of this feels good to vent about it though.

I don't think cultural differences can be an excuse. He told me he had studied psychology, you'd think he could read my angry/uninterested body language :mad: I was getting so stressed out, as silly as it sounds, by his behaviour and I'm dealing with anxiety issues at that moment and really don't need this. I'm a naturally passive non-confrontational person but I will just have to be really direct with him. Should have followed by brother's advice. :o My father's advice (jokingly) was to say yes to the cinema date then bring him down a alleyway short-cut where my dad would deal with him. :pac: Sorry guys you're probably sick of this feels good to vent about it though.

He can read it. He doesn't give a f*ck. You're a pretty thing he wants to play with and he's entitled because he wants and it doesn't matter how you feel

Tell him to piss off and try not to stress
    tell someone else at work if you can

Stheno i can highly recommend Smiles in dundrum
    very very good people

What bluewolf said, PF. Tell him to fook right off with that craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Why do I always delay in booking flights. Had been looking at flight the past week. Himself text to say he had booked the accommodation so I said I should probably book the flights so, they've bloody well gone up but only for the times I want to fly out, any other times on those days are still the same!!

• Advertisement

LOL. My dad, in his sixties, is staying with me at the moment. This evening he met my new neighbour. She was clearly besotted with him, flirting her arse off, and made sure to tell him she was single and had never been married, but was looking for a man.

He seemed quite taken by her too, and afterwards was asking me all about her. Not that I was able to tell him much. He asked what age I reckoned she was, I said maybe mid-fifties. He looked all thoughtful, then comes out with, "It would take a fair man to knock a babby out of her!" :D:D:D

This is coming from a happily married man with seven children already by the way!

Last day of work before Chriiiiiiistmasssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Same here and 5pm today literally cannot come soon enough, I am absolutely exhausted and can't wait to fly back to Dublin. We're heading to Manchester tomorrow for Man U v Norwich and flying from there then on Sunday.

I've to come in on Monday, but it will be to have a nice lunch with colleagues, head and do my Christmas shopping, and then meet a friend for drinks.

There will be no work done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

/cough cough
    /sniffle

I have the lurgy. I am unclean.

Last day of work before Chriiiiiiistmasssssss

Last day of being onsite with customers for me yesterday, small change I'll have to do it next week.

There was something freenig about finishing yesterday :)
    Same here and 5pm today literally cannot come soon enough, I am absolutely exhausted and can't wait to fly back to Dublin. We're heading to Manchester tomorrow for Man U v Norwich and flying from there then on Sunday.

I hope you have a great break, I'm the same absolutely exhuasted. I'm a non Christmas person, but weirdly I'm really looking forward to it this year.

I'd a nice experience tonight, on Wednesday we had to go and watch the OHs daughter do a showcase which was appalling (she was good, I'm biased) but afterwards we went for drinks and made plans to meet up today.

She got delayed, so we went shopping with the OH, then for food, and after food, I took her to her favourite lingerie shop, where she picked out four underwear sets she might like as a present.

She thinks she is getting one, but will get getting two as a treat. She loved getting the chance to try stuff on and being treated like an adult (she's 22 and I spend a fortune in the relevant shop)

Regardless of what she gets, tonight gave her a bit more confidence, which I'm chuffed about :)

I started my Christmas holidays from college on Friday, and started on new medication on Wednesday. This seems to have had a pretty good effect on me. I'm calmer, and more at ease in general, for the first time in a long time.

With that happening I actually played a computer game for the first time in years. I've been flying around space for the weekend and it's been a blast. I can't remember being this relaxed in ages. :D

I'm in full Christmas mode.

Off tomorrow to buy the outstanding presents (oh's kids give me money to buy his present each year) so that will take all of ten minutes to get as his defacto present from us all is a new outfit.

Have started cooking, soup ready, cranberry sauce and roast veg done, along with stew.

I'm not a big Christmas person but I love doing everything to make sure everyone involved has a great time.

Happy Christmas Eve Eve loungers!!!!! Last day in work for me today until next Wednesday, on such a buzz this morning. Can't wait for our first Christmas being Santa for a baby who hasn't a breeze what's going on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's Christmas Eve :D I'm finally relaxing into the season after a hectic December. Gingerbread has thoughtfully passed his cold onto me but that won't stop me from partying*

*eating roses and watching TV

Happy Christmas Eve ladies! Major family stress and rowing as per usual here! But then you hear about the poor chap who's missing in Galway and the horrific car crashes over the last few days and try to remember what's important.

Have a happy and safe Christmas day x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Merry Christmas, ladies. I hope it's as happy and stress-free as it can possibly be.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Merry Christmas Ladies! (and the gentlemen too, of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Merry Christmas to all of ye :) Hope everyone is having a wonderful day - I'm still in bed, rain hammering on the windows and baby kicking away :)

Merry Christmas to all of ye :) Hope everyone is having a wonderful day - I'm still in bed, rain hammering on the windows and baby kicking away :)

Ahhh that sounds so lovely! <3 You'll be amazed how much you miss the kicks and movement after the birth, I mean obviously you'll have a baby to make up for it! :D But it just feels weird when you've been feeling something squirming away in there for so long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Merry Christmas loungers, hope you've all had a wonderful day.

I cooked a delicious dinner for MIL (scariest experience of my life) but I think I succeeded \o/

Have a great time and a fab new year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

My boyfriend and I broke up. Just over a week ago now. It was mutual and we've decided to be friends. Can't imagine nothe being in each others' lives. Getting fed up of people telling me that being friends never works.

Heartbroken, but I think it's the right decision. Feeling really anxious these last few days, though. Feel gross and fat and ugly. Panic attack on Stephens Night stopped me leaving the house. Just about managed to leave earlier.

My boyfriend and I broke up. Just over a week ago now. It was mutual and we've decided to be friends. Can't imagine nothe being in each others' lives. Getting fed up of people telling me that being friends never works.

Heartbroken, but I think it's the right decision. Feeling really anxious these last few days, though. Feel gross and fat and ugly. Panic attack on Stephens Night stopped me leaving the house. Just about managed to leave earlier.

Sorry to hear that lady. Hope you're okay. PM open if there's anything I can do.

I have started writing my dissertation, have abandoned idea of doing a survey, just going to do research based dissertation.

Planning on getting through about 75% of it this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hope things get better soon S&S, it's so tough x

• Advertisement
Advertisement