Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I have bronchitis and tonsilitis. I'm not well at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeowch, pew.

You can't even have ice-cream because it'll make you cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Oh jaysus that's an awful dose pew. Sister had bronchitis last year, I feel for you!! Mind yourself!

I'm watching The Good Wife on Netflix, I just saw THAT episode in Season 5 last night. Hold me!!!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oh jaysus that's an awful dose pew. Sister had bronchitis last year, I feel for you!! Mind yourself!

I'm watching The Good Wife on Netflix, I just saw THAT episode in Season 5 last night. Hold me!!!

*holds IWMD and strokes hair*

Neyite wrote: »
    *holds IWMD and strokes hair*

*purrs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Loungers - half internet fiends, half kittens.

I'm printing ALL of the things at the moment. I'd say the printer will hate me in the next oh, ten to fifteen minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I feel this may be on par with "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is", but:

*deep breath*

I don't know what the good wife is.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I feel this may be on par with "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is", but:

*deep breath*

I don't know what the good wife is.

Ha! You're way behind the times. It's an American tv show starring Julianna Margulies as a lawyer? Cheated-on wife? Wife of a senator? I'm not a hundred percent sure. I never watched it, but my sisters and mum did. So I have quite a skewed view of what it's about.

Yeah I've no idea who Julianna Margulies is either.

Greys Anatomy. Suits. How to make a murderer. That's pretty much my fill of TV. Maybe I need to expand my horizons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Greys Anatomy. Suits. How to make a murderer. That's pretty much my fill of TV. Maybe I need to expand my horizons.
    She was Nurse Hathaway in ER (was Dr Ross' love interest)

• Advertisement

She was Nurse Hathaway in ER (was Dr Ross' love interest)
    Now I'm familiar with her work.

ER. What a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

The Good Wife is an excellent show as well. Worth checking out on Netflix.

fits wrote: »
    The Good Wife is an excellent show as well. Worth checking out on Netflix.
    I speak netflix. This could work!

Now I'm familiar with her work.

ER. What a show.

She was also Nina the sexy lawyer in Scrubs.

I've taken up spinning as a hobby / form of training. Current training for Galway is 2 X spinning classes a week (1 45 min, 1 1hr30) and a club spin on the weekend (70k next week). Also randomly commute on the bike. Aim is to do Galway and back this year.

But I'm seriously noticing the difference in fitness. I've added 1.6 kph speed on my uphill commute home. I've also dropped a dress size, however it's conversion of fat to muscle. Body fat low!

I love GA, and MAM, never saw Suits. And I loved The Good Wife. Chris Noth is in it as her husband. Series opens where she is a lawyer who became a stay at home mother, husband is states attorney and caught in a big sex and corruption scandal so she's reluctantly standing by him publicly (hence, The Good Wife) But as a result of it, she has to go back into the workforce after 14 years.

Its worth watching the first couple to see if you like it. I'd say you will, if you like Greys.

Neyite wrote: »
    I love GA, and MAM, never saw Suits. And I loved The Good Wife. Chris Noth is in it as her husband. Series opens where she is a lawyer who became a stay at home mother, husband is states attorney and caught in a big sex and corruption scandal so she's reluctantly standing by him publicly (hence, The Good Wife) But as a result of it, she has to go back into the workforce after 14 years.

Its worth watching the first couple to see if you like it. I'd say you will, if you like Greys.

Oh I also watch house of cards and orange is the new black. Maybe I would like the good wife. Must find time!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hmm I have never heard of half of these, not The Good Wife, House of Cards, Making a Murderer, or Suits.

i tend to watch lots of crime shows like CSI, Special Victims, Without a Trace and Cold Case.

I used watch ER, and liked Greys until recently

I've also never seen SATC

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmm I have never heard of half of these, not The Good Wife, House of Cards, Making a Murderer, or Suits.

i tend to watch lots of crime shows like CSI, Special Victims, Without a Trace and Cold Case.

Can highly recommend making a murderer. It's compelling. It's a documentary rather than a TV show. It's about a guy who was wrongly imprisoned for 18 years for a crime he didn't commit, and the he was arrested for murder. The documentary is the court case essentially. 10 1 hour episodes.

• Advertisement

Oh I also watch house of cards and orange is the new black. Maybe I would like the good wife. Must find time!

I've watched all of OITNB and getting into House of Cards.

I never did watch ER, but if it was on Netflix I'd watch it. SATC was meh, I thought. But I watched all the rest of them and enjoyed them.

I love house of cards

I don't love the murderer one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I like House of Cards and The Good Wife a lot, I want to start watching OITNB, I keep hearing it is really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Oh you poor thing. I was a crying mess after it. It was just so unexpected *tears up*

Epic epic show though. I binged on the show recently and kept forgetting that she wasn't someone I knew in real life :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    I love house of cards

I don't love the murderer one

I don't love the murderer one either but it's compulsive viewing. I got so angry!

I'm just strange gave up on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

The only reason to watch SATC is to hate watch it. FU, Carrie - you're the worst.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I too have never seen SATC. I thought that I was the only one!

I watched it back when it was originally broadcast but Carrie made me want to throw the telly out the window. Horrible, horrible character.
    I don't watch many series now because I don't have a huge amount of time, I'll only commit to a series that really grabs me, and as I'm in France, I'll only watch an English language series if I can get it in English, not dubbed (ugh).
    Recently I've been enjoying a French detective series called Cherif. It's really well done, the main characters are super charismatic and I love the music. I suppose it'll never be shown in Ireland though.

I watched it back when it was originally broadcast but Carrie made me want to throw the telly out the window. Horrible, horrible character.
    I don't watch many series now because I don't have a huge amount of time, I'll only commit to a series that really grabs me, and as I'm in France, I'll only watch an English language series if I can get it in English, not dubbed (ugh).
    Recently I've been enjoying a French detective series called Cherif. It's really well done, the main characters are super charismatic and I love the music. I suppose it'll never be shown in Ireland though.

Have you been watching Spin? It's being plugged loads over here. It's a French language drama about politics. Saw a bit and it was decent looking.

Have you been watching Spin? It's being plugged loads over here. It's a French language drama about politics. Saw a bit and it was decent looking.
    Yeah it's pretty good!
    Les Temoins (The witnesses) was a good one from last year too.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's pretty good!
    Les Temoins (The witnesses) was a good one from last year too.

I think I saw the first episode of that. Was it a detective series involving
    dead people being dug up from their graves
    ?

I think I saw the first episode of that. Was it a detective series involving
    dead people being dug up from their graves
    ?
    Yeah that's the one!

Finished season 5 last night. Gonna take a wee break and get back to reading before starting season 6 because it's in danger of derailing my 52 books in 2016 programme.

Oh, the problems I have...

Happy Friday lads and lassies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I went into town today to buy jewellery making bits after getting a notion at 3am. I couldn't get everything I needed so I'll just order it all online. I've always lie jewellery, but analysis paralysis has stopped me from buying anything. What if there's a nicer more suitable piece around the corner? Anyway,I saw a beautiful piece last night and it's the kind of thing you could make yourself with a bit of practice. So now I'm motivated. Create my own pieces.

Edit: This was the piece. Obviously she has a lot of skill to make it, but this is the kind of thing that's possible with the type of jewellery making I'd be going for.

il_570xN.845637591_reu8.jpg

Just FYI, I'm watching the current season of The Good Wife and it's pretty good. I think it might be the last season, though.

Does anyone else here watch Pretty Little Liars? Or am I the only pseudo-teenage girl here?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Happy Friday IWMD :)

Absolutely gorgeous morning here - would love to get out for a nice walk rather than be at my desk, but c'est la vie...

Brunch with my antenatal class group tomorrow and thinking about baking something tonight, any suggestions? :)

Happy Friday IWMD :)

Absolutely gorgeous morning here - would love to get out for a nice walk rather than be at my desk, but c'est la vie...

Brunch with my antenatal class group tomorrow and thinking about baking something tonight, any suggestions? :)

So many delicious things I would definitely bake right now, if I wasn't try to behave myself...

Lemon Pistachio Cookies

Salted Caramel Brownies

(Healthier looking) "Ferrero Rocher" Cake with "Nutella" Icing

Cookie Dough Cheesecake

I've actually made these triple-chocolate cookies - so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd be cooking for 8 34+ weeks pregnant women and their partners. Restraint is really not A Thing here :)

The Cooking Club almond and berry cake is pretty bloody good. V buttery and delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Just FYI, I'm watching the current season of The Good Wife and it's pretty good. I think it might be the last season, though.

Does anyone else here watch Pretty Little Liars? Or am I the only pseudo-teenage girl here?!

Yes I watch it. I don't like the New Series so far though. To be honest I think they are dragging it out. I think the series should have been over once A was revealed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mars bar treats from the Cooking Club, in fact I might make them myself this weekend :D

Miaireland wrote: »
    Yes I watch it. I don't like the New Series so far though. To be honest I think they are dragging it out. I think the series should have been over once A was revealed.

I ran out of steam about halfway through. I felt they really dragged it out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Dolbert wrote: »
    Mars bar treats from the Cooking Club, in fact I might make them myself this weekend :D

I just made them as a surprise for the OH (so hopefully he doesn't see this)! Except I burned the chocolate topping and had to spend €13 replacing the chocolate I'd used (including the bar I'd stolen.) Next time I'm just buying him a cheap cake!

We're having a bake sale fundraiser in work on Monday so my weekend will be spent in the kitchen.

I sleepily typed in Amadan.co.uk in my address bar this morning instead of Amazon.co.uk.

It's like something my mam would mispronounce :D
    "What? ya paid HOW MUCH for that?? Offa Amadán was it?? Well. I know why they call it Amadán so!!

Having a dream of a day - lady pottering away after a massive lie-in, buckets of tea, I made cake on Friday so picking at that whenever the notion takes me, pancake batter is just sitting there waiting to be turned into pancakes and himself is about to grill some rashers. Oh and listening to Motown classics all day with little bits of gangsta rap thrown in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sitting here just chilling, don't know if it's normal, but after submitting my dissertation I was wrecked the week after, only starting to feel normal now

Sitting here just chilling, don't know if it's normal, but after submitting my dissertation I was wrecked the week after, only starting to feel normal now
    Oh that's totally normal, we called it post-thesis slump! Sometimes you even get a bit depressed, wondering "What now? That's it?"
    Took me a good while to recover after I submitted my phd.

Oh that's totally normal, we called it post-thesis slump! Sometimes you even get a bit depressed, wondering "What now? That's it?"
    Took me a good while to recover after I submitted my phd.

Yeah, I found it very strange not having to go into my desk, I was a bit bemused at having so much free time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Congrats.

I was the same after mine.

I found it odd I had spare time.

Currently beached on the couch, I made 24 cupcakes lemon and vanilla ones. Gonna make a burrito bowl

Advertisement