Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Oh, did I not announce it here? Eep!
    We decided in March last year to bite the bullet and get married in June. It was a very quiet, relaxed low key wedding with just the immediate families here in France. It was fantastic! :)

Sounds perfect! I am in the middle of planning mine and feel like I am going insane from all the request from family members etc. I just want something small, intimate and possibly abroad I haven't mentioned much about it in a couple of weeks so I can work on things quietly, it's the best way haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I think the attitude was "Well at least THIS one was born on the right side of the wedding!"

And the other was born on the left side. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yay! My final results have been published after the exam board :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Stheno wrote: »
    Yay! My final results have been published after the exam board :D

Well done. Delighted for ya. When is the gown and hat day?

In other news, I haz sickness. I ended up in ddoc in the middle of the night on a nebuliser. Blast of steroids and then a week of them and an antibiotic. He couldn't be sure if the infection was bacterial or viral but he said with the way my chest was (peak flow was ~400, I usually hit 700 easy), my reliance on ventolin and my O2 levels being low (along with racing pulse - not a fun experience) he said better safe than sorry. Somehow slept like a baby last night despite ingesting enough steroids to keep me wired to the moon, and chest a bit clearer today. Still feel like crap but hopefully it passes quickly. Have also managed to pull a muscle in my chest wall so am in agony any time I cough, sneeze or breathe. So pretty much all the time. Great craic.

To top it all off, have to give a presentation in work on Tuesday and I haven't even begun to work on it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    Well done. Delighted for ya. When is the gown and hat day?

No idea tbh, don't even know what airport is closest to my Uni :D

Seeing the confirmation yesterday made it real though, still sitting here going "I did a masters" tbh
    In other news, I haz sickness. I ended up in ddoc in the middle of the night on a nebuliser. Blast of steroids and then a week of them and an antibiotic. He couldn't be sure if the infection was bacterial or viral but he said with the way my chest was (peak flow was ~400, I usually hit 700 easy), my reliance on ventolin and my O2 levels being low (along with racing pulse - not a fun experience) he said better safe than sorry. Somehow slept like a baby last night despite ingesting enough steroids to keep me wired to the moon, and chest a bit clearer today. Still feel like crap but hopefully it passes quickly. Have also managed to pull a muscle in my chest wall so am in agony any time I cough, sneeze or breathe. So pretty much all the time. Great craic.

To top it all off, have to give a presentation in work on Tuesday and I haven't even begun to work on it.

Weird tip my sister gave me, try Vicks Vaporub on your feet before you go to bed, and put a pair of socks on, never would have believed it until I tried it.

As for the presentation, if I can help you out with layout or smartart or anything like that shout.

Feel better soon!

Hmm I have a dilemna

The OH was away for the past week and came home with a string of pearls as a present (no idea why)

Now first off, I don't like them as they don't fit well, they flap about on my rather large chest, and secondly, I can't figure out how to work the clasp.

If I had a pearl necklace I'd like a choker, not a flap around the chest set, and I'd like grey pearls as opposed to white.

Is it awful to tell him I don't like them after thanking him for them?

No idea tbh, don't even know what airport is closest to my Uni :D

Seeing the confirmation yesterday made it real though, still sitting here going "I did a masters" tbh

Weird tip my sister gave me, try Vicks Vaporub on your feet before you go to bed, and put a pair of socks on, never would have believed it until I tried it.

As for the presentation, if I can help you out with layout or smartart or anything like that shout.

Feel better soon!

Someone else told me that before! Don't have any Vicks in the house but will try get some tomorrow.

Hmm I have a dilemna

The OH was away for the past week and came home with a string of pearls as a present (no idea why)

Now first off, I don't like them as they don't fit well, they flap about on my rather large chest, and secondly, I can't figure out how to work the clasp.

If I had a pearl necklace I'd like a choker, not a flap around the chest set, and I'd like grey pearls as opposed to white.

Is it awful to tell him I don't like them after thanking him for them?

That's a toughie.

From a practical point of view, where did he buy them? Were they from a place that he would be returning to soon and therefore could return them? Or in a shop that has a branch here that you may be able to exchange them?

If the tables were turned and you bought him a present you thought he would like, and in turn he didn't, how would you rather he reacted - feigning delight, wearing once and never to see the light of day again unless you mentioned it and he wore it out of obligation, or that he would say "thanks babe but they're not really my style".

It's a toughie. You guys seem to have a good relationship. Perhaps there would be no harm in telling him you'd prefer a different style and either exchange them or regift them (doesn't he have a daughter? Any birthdays or special events coming up? Even if they're not her style, if they have an attachment to a special event she will treasure them regardless.)

That's a toughie.

From a practical point of view, where did he buy them? Were they from a place that he would be returning to soon and therefore could return them? Or in a shop that has a branch here that you may be able to exchange them?

If the tables were turned and you bought him a present you thought he would like, and in turn he didn't, how would you rather he reacted - feigning delight, wearing once and never to see the light of day again unless you mentioned it and he wore it out of obligation, or that he would say "thanks babe but they're not really my style".

It's a toughie. You guys seem to have a good relationship. Perhaps there would be no harm in telling him you'd prefer a different style and either exchange them or regift them (doesn't he have a daughter? Any birthdays or special events coming up? Even if they're not her style, if they have an attachment to a special event she will treasure them regardless.)

He bought them down in his hometown in Cork. He may be down there in the next week, or the next six months.

He's a dreadful habit of buying me jewellery (I don't even wear that much jewellery) that he thinks I will like, at Christmas he bought me some fancy hoop earrings that are just not to my taste and have sat on a side table since.

I like very very obscure jewellery, e.g. my favourite ring is a Venetian Italian antique which has two gemstones in it weighing 68 carats, now he did buy that but it was my choice.

I just want him to stop buying me stuff he thinks I'd like.

If I bought him something he didn't like I'd expect him to say it and he has

• Advertisement

He bought them down in his hometown in Cork. He may be down there in the next week, or the next six months.

He's a dreadful habit of buying me jewellery (I don't even wear that much jewellery) that he thinks I will like, at Christmas he bought me some fancy hoop earrings that are just not to my taste and have sat on a side table since.

I like very very obscure jewellery, e.g. my favourite ring is a Venetian Italian antique which has two gemstones in it weighing 68 carats, now he did buy that but it was my choice.

I just want him to stop buying me stuff he thinks I'd like.

If I bought him something he didn't like I'd expect him to say it and he has

Well then just say it. Perhaps go about it in such a way that you could suggest a weekend down in Cork where ye could book into Fota and celebrate the masters, and return the pearls. And buy something pretty that is to your taste?

Well then just say it. Perhaps go about it in such a way that you could suggest a weekend down in Cork where ye could book into Fota and celebrate the masters, and return the pearls. And buy something pretty that is to your taste?

Just said it nicely

Great result he was very open and it's all sorted
    I'm relieved
    Thanks for lustening

Standing outside my office building watching baby who has been left alone in the car the last 20 mins. A lady came into us to see if we or a client had left a crying baby in the car.

Someone in another place came out and said she knew the dad. Went to find him in another office and he said he'd be "down in 2 mins" when he finished his meeting.

Fúcking disgusted. This close to ringing Gardai. Baby is asleep now. Waiting on dad to give out stink.

Edit: had my finger on the button to call Gardai and the dad showed up. Gave out shít to him. Kept apologising and saying he'd just been down to check on baby (hadn't in the time I was there!). I told him he should be apologising to the baby and should take him to the meeting next time.

Should have just called them. Didn't know if it was an overreaction to or not.

Think you were right tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Not an overreaction at all, negligent ****! That poor baby, even worse that he was distressed :( Bet his mother didn't know about father of the year's plans...

I would have called them. In fact, if you had any details at all in terms of car registration or the company this person works for, I'd consider giving them a call. If he gets away with this, he'll keep on doing it. It worked out okay this time, but what if he does it on a summers day and nobody notices the kid crying. There are too many stories about kids dying in hot cars.

Hoping the woman who recognised him says it to the baby's mother. I didn't get any of his details.

Next time I won't hesitate at all to call the guards. Going to be annoyed I didn't do it this time.

The absolute rage. I don't have kids. I can't imagine how much angrier I might feel if I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Lung flare ups are horrible. Is there any chance you can get an extension on your presentation at work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

For those of you not constantly f5ing the "due March" thread in the pregnancy forum, baby Ivy has arrived <3 Massive congrats to you and your lovely little family <3

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    For those of you not constantly f5ing the "due March" thread in the pregnancy forum, baby Ivy has arrived <3 Massive congrats to you and your lovely little family <3

Awww congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Awwww, great to hear :)

Now if my little dude could hurry the feck up...

/heads off to eat curry and pineapple and drink raspberry leaf tea while having ALL THE SEX

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hoping the woman who recognised him says it to the baby's mother. I didn't get any of his details.

Next time I won't hesitate at all to call the guards. Going to be annoyed I didn't do it this time.

The absolute rage. I don't have kids. I can't imagine how much angrier I might feel if I did!

Don't be annoyed with yourself. It's really hard to know what to do in a situation like that, and pre-kids, I'd have probably wavered on it too. Now though, I'd have no hesitation, especially on a sunny day - and I'd apply that to pets too. This experiment in Canada shows how quickly a car can heat up on a sunny day, so even taking into account our dreary weather, its still possible over the course of 30 mins that a car can overheat. Depending on the age of the baby, overheating them can be quite dangerous.

I hope the woman does say something. Or, if you see the car again, note the reg and report it then. I hope he doesn't habitually do it. What a wanker. :mad:

Awwww, great to hear :)

Now if my little dude could hurry the feck up...

/heads off to eat curry and pineapple and drink raspberry leaf tea while having ALL THE SEX

I hope that all that curry / pineapple / tea / sex sped things up so that I can get my internet twins! 55 mins to go before my dreams are crushed. Don't quit on me now, kirby.

Downloaded Tinder yesterday out of sheer boredom/curiosity. I've been out of a two year relationship a few months and thought I'd see what the fuss was about.

Start chatting to a seemingly charming French lad this morning. Decent banter (so many dull people in online dating, in my experience) and lovely wee chat. He asks me this evening if I'm free for a lunch tomorrow. Normally, I'd be hesitant, but I thought there was no harm in it. Who wouldn't like a good old flirt over a coffee with a French man? Plus, dragging out chat online can ruin things.

Decide I'll go for it, but reduce it down to coffee in case it doesn't work out. Coffee is easier to escape, right? Being the sensible sort that I am, I have a look on Facebook for him. (I need a name to give to my best friend in case I end up on a milk carton or something....too much Criminal Minds watching.)

Not too many lads with such a French name in my town, so he's easily found. His profile is super public too. I won't have a big old stalk through and ruin getting to know him, I think to myself. But his photos are showing up on that column thing and all feature the same woman. And she's got a big ring on.

Yeah, NICE WIFE, asshóle. He tried to tell me she'd left him and the country. Must have been the world's quickest break up given he wished her a happy anniversary today...and attached pictures of their presents to each other.

Tinder = uninstallled.

/rant

LenaClaire wrote: »
    Lung flare ups are horrible. Is there any chance you can get an extension on your presentation at work?

Don't know how I missed this. Nope, no chance. It's already been pushed out two weeks (not by my doing!), but it wasn't meant to be until next week. Found out on Thursday that it was tomorrow, and was off site on Friday, under the weather on Saturday (not a euphemism for hangover - it's lent!) and in a drug / sleep deprived coma on Sunday after my adventures with the nebuliser on Saturday night.

I have the slides done. I stayed late tonight to do them. It's always when you're super busy though that you get asked the most questions! Will go in early tomorrow to read over it & hopefully be off the hook / on a new project the next time it's my turn!

• Advertisement

Downloaded Tinder yesterday out of sheer boredom/curiosity. I've been out of a two year relationship a few months and thought I'd see what the fuss was about.

Start chatting to a seemingly charming French lad this morning. Decent banter (so many dull people in online dating, in my experience) and lovely wee chat. He asks me this evening if I'm free for a lunch tomorrow. Normally, I'd be hesitant, but I thought there was no harm in it. Who wouldn't like a good old flirt over a coffee with a French man? Plus, dragging out chat online can ruin things.

Decide I'll go for it, but reduce it down to coffee in case it doesn't work out. Coffee is easier to escape, right? Being the sensible sort that I am, I have a look on Facebook for him. (I need a name to give to my best friend in case I end up on a milk carton or something....too much Criminal Minds watching.)

Not too many lads with such a French name in my town, so he's easily found. His profile is super public too. I won't have a big old stalk through and ruin getting to know him, I think to myself. But his photos are showing up on that column thing and all feature the same woman. And she's got a big ring on.

Yeah, NICE WIFE, asshóle. He tried to tell me she'd left him and the country. Must have been the world's quickest break up given he wished her a happy anniversary today...and attached pictures of their presents to each other.

Tinder = uninstallled.

/rant

What a dope.

Him. Not you.

I see tinder as a way to pass time at best. Can't take it seriously.

Don't know how I missed this. Nope, no chance. It's already been pushed out two weeks (not by my doing!), but it wasn't meant to be until next week. Found out on Thursday that it was tomorrow, and was off site on Friday, under the weather on Saturday (not a euphemism for hangover - it's lent!) and in a drug / sleep deprived coma on Sunday after my adventures with the nebuliser on Saturday night.

I have the slides done. I stayed late tonight to do them. It's always when you're super busy though that you get asked the most questions! Will go in early tomorrow to read over it & hopefully be off the hook / on a new project the next time it's my turn!

Best of luck for tomorrow :) If you have a coughy chest at the moment, and it's likely to flare up, I find starting the presentation by making a jokey reference to the fact you are not especially well helps break the ice if you do end up having a coughing fit.

Bring plenty of water/herbal tea, I find lemon or ginger tea great for helping me :)

Best of luck for tomorrow :) If you have a coughy chest at the moment, and it's likely to flare up, I find starting the presentation by making a jokey reference to the fact you are not especially well helps break the ice if you do end up having a coughing fit.

Bring plenty of water/herbal tea, I find lemon or ginger tea great for helping me :)

Oh it's not a big one. Just the lab & another lab. Quite informal. I can easily just cough up a lung if necessary :)

Oh it's not a big one. Just the lab & another lab. Quite informal. I can easily just cough up a lung if necessary :)

THey'd probably scoop it up for analysis :pac:

THey'd probably scoop it up for analysis :pac:

Probably. Could do an interesting study on the inflammatory response in asthma :pac: nice few neutrophils for them to examine too.

I often wonder if I have a magic cure all in the lab that has just gone unnoticed or under the radar. Drug I did PhD on has been approved for phase 2 trials in bladder cancer. That would be immense. But it's also implicated in the treatment of MRSA and may have a role in immunotherapy. That was discovered by mistake when breast milk went sour.

I wonder if I have something hidden on my bench that could cure what ails me now. Sure I'm lashing the penicillin into me and wasn't that discovered by mistake.

• Advertisement

Probably. Could do an interesting study on the inflammatory response in asthma :pac: nice few neutrophils for them to examine too.

I often wonder if I have a magic cure all in the lab that has just gone unnoticed or under the radar. Drug I did PhD on has been approved for phase 2 trials in bladder cancer. That would be immense. But it's also implicated in the treatment of MRSA and may have a role in immunotherapy. That was discovered by mistake when breast milk went sour.

I wonder if I have something hidden on my bench that could cure what ails me now. Sure I'm lashing the penicillin into me and wasn't that discovered by mistake.

Wow that bolded bit is amazing, it must be very rewarding to be part of work like that?

As for feckin penicillin, I'm violently intolerant of it. Ended up way back in the early eighties taking something that contained a trace of it. Three weeks in Cherry Orchard Hospital in isolation with my skin falling off and daily baths in olive oil followed :( I lost so much skin they had to change the bedsheets twice a day!

Wow that bolded bit is amazing, it must be very rewarding to be part of work like that?

As for feckin penicillin, I'm violently intolerant of it. Ended up way back in the early eighties taking something that contained a trace of it. Three weeks in Cherry Orchard Hospital in isolation with my skin falling off and daily baths in olive oil followed :( I lost so much skin they had to change the bedsheets twice a day!

It has it's ups and it's downs. It's incredible that my name is on some of the work. It makes me quite proud a lot of the time. But there are tough sides to it. We regularly receive(d) contact from terminally ill cancer patients who read the papers in last ditch attempts to save their lives, and who would request the drug, or the knowledge of how to make it, or ask questions that we simply weren't qualified to answer. These emails really resonated with me, and I actually quoted some in the general discussion of my thesis.

The most heartbreaking came from a patient who asked a question that I could answer, but a question that I didn't want to be the one to give her the answer to. I still have that email. It's printed in a box of PhD things, and when I have a bad science day I read it to remind myself why we do it.

On a more personal level, my aunt had stage 4 ovarian cancer whilst I was doing my PhD, and I had this super duper drug that I could make in my kitchen with the right thermometer, a drug that could possibly help her. Possibly prolong her life. But ultimately possibly cause sepsis and put the future of the drug in the balance. There's a reason that clinical trials are so strict and controlled and placebos are there and everything.

That sucks about penicillin. Was it a fungal related thing? Have you had it since? Drug interactions and responses from person to person are fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Wow, that sounds scary as hell! I can't even imagine :eek:

No idea what caused the reaction tbh, I was only 7 or 8 at the time.

I've never taken penicillin since.

Lovely one this evening.

I'm a big rugby fan and live in Swords, but my favourite pubs to go watch the rugby in are in Malahide. My Oh doesn't drink and has spent many a weekend during the six nations, enduring me screaming at the telling after a few pints!

Anyhoo his birthday is towards the end of March just as the six nations ends.

Last year on a match day, he persuaded me to look in a mens boutique in Malahide (after a match) and for his birthday ended up with a new suit, and a tweed jacket and waistcoat that he loves.

And so a tradition started. We were in Malahide watching a match a few weeks ago, and he buggered off mid match and informed me the shop were having a sale (I only buy stuff in there on sale, it's frightfully expensive)

Cue him getting a new three piece suit and a two piece suit.

We went there tonight to get him fitted for the second suit (this place is like Louis Copeland, the measure you top to toe), and him seeing a jacket reduced from 500e to 99e. He's planning on buying it next week.

Here's the magic. I texted his two kids, said "it's your dad's birthday next week, he wants a jacket, and if you contribute 40e I'll sort out the rest"

Result! They said yes! So this Sunday, he'll get a great surprise, a present he really wants and everyone will be happy :)

Sometimes life just deals one lemons & no amount of lemonade will sort things out. Apologies for the vaguebooking :P

Warning. Ranting post ahead.

Hopefully bad things happen in 3's!

Ended up back at my GP after my ddoc experience last Saturday. No relief from anything they gave me in ddoc. GP listened to chest & changed meds & put me on a second antibiotic. It seems to be helping but I finish steroids tomorrow so it could be a crash without them. But let me tell you - two antibiotics simultaneously really messes with your system. Totally out of sorts. Asthma & chest infections suck. As does being up all night coughing!!!

This morning I checked in on my great aunt. We got a tentative diagnosis of mild dementia for her during the week. We're being referred on now to a clinic on Monday, but in the meantime the psychiatrist asked us to keep an eye on her / supervise meds. She seemed super confused. Forgot that the doctor had called during the week. Forgot that she has an upcoming appointment next week. And just generally spaced out of it. Then I noticed the ice cream wrappers. 4 cornettos, 3 sole ros. Since yesterday afternoon as they weren't there yesterday morning and yesterday was the first time she was out alone in weeks (the atrophy in her brain is affecting balance so she's very unstable on her feet.) I immediately checked her blood sugars (she's type 2 diabetic) and they were at 15.9 mmol. We had asked the doctors what to do if this happened and got no definitive answer. So I just kept checking on her regularly and talking to her and making sure she wasn't eating too much / drinking too much. What else could I do? I mean a&e is stuffed, they'd likely just monitor her over time. Anyway, bloods went back down to a more manageable 8.3 this evening and there is no more ice cream so we should be okay tonight. Will check on her first thing tomorrow and hopefully they'll be back below 8!

I just have such a fear of finding her gone some day, but I'm pretty helpless in helping her as we're waiting on referrals and assessments and everything, and I can't watch her 24 hours a day - I have to go to work.

Sorry for the self pity. The third bad thing shan't be discussed as that's just so beyond belief that it doesn't bare thinking about.

Heading to the Down syndrome fun run tomorrow. Not to participate, but to raise awareness for our cycle to Galway. I was meant to be on the bike but I've had to take 2 weeks (so far) off training, as my chest just won't work! Hopefully it clears soon so I can get two decent spins in before the dreaded taper!

Not quoting your post sullivlo, but have had a similar few days but not as bad.

My Ohs dad flits between Youghal, America, the Uk and Cyprus, and he was back the past few weeks.

He's almost eighty and getting frail and it was very noticeable this time round.

My OH has this terminal fear that every time he sees him will be the last :(

As for your health, you need a break!

On another topic, it's OHs birthday Tuesday as I've mentioned before. I'm bringing it forward to tomorrow, got the jacket I previously posted about, and I had a silly idea that I thought would be fun.

I'm going to get a happy birthday banner and hang that up, and then get a present for every room in the house and hang it off the door handles so he does essentially a treasure hunt. Now some of the presents will be socks and jocks, or shower gel, but that will be part of the fun :D

Not quoting your post sullivlo, but have had a similar few days but not as bad.

My Ohs dad flits between Youghal, America, the Uk and Cyprus, and he was back the past few weeks.

He's almost eighty and getting frail and it was very noticeable this time round.

My OH has this terminal fear that every time he sees him will be the last :(

As for your health, you need a break!

On another topic, it's OHs birthday Tuesday as I've mentioned before. I'm bringing it forward to tomorrow, got the jacket I previously posted about, and I had a silly idea that I thought would be fun.

I'm going to get a happy birthday banner and hang that up, and then get a present for every room in the house and hang it off the door handles so he does essentially a treasure hunt. Now some of the presents will be socks and jocks, or shower gel, but that will be part of the fun :D

Treasure hunts are great fun. I often make them randomly for people. I'm sure he will enjoy it. And that he'll love the jacket from the kids!

Treasure hunts are great fun. I often make them randomly for people. I'm sure he will enjoy it. And that he'll love the jacket from the kids!

He knows he's getting it as he almost bought it today, so he's in on "that" surprise, but there are 11 others heehee that he has no idea about :D

It's great fun :)

He knows he's getting it as he almost bought it today, so he's in on "that" surprise, but there are 11 others heehee that he has no idea about :D

It's great fun :)

I love surprising people with that sort of thing. I organise an Easter egg hunt in the lab every year too. That's always fun to watch. And eat. Fun to eat too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Can you be my other half stheno?

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Can you be my other half stheno?

No :D The one I have takes enough of my paycheck as it is, I can't afford another.

He's spoiled rotten.

Even he admits that. There's a bit of a gap in what he earns versus what I do, and tbh I enjoy the fact that I can spoil him at Christmas/birthdays/anniversaries, and as well he really appreciates it :)

No :D The one I have takes enough of my paycheck as it is, I can't afford another.

He's spoiled rotten.

Even he admits that. There's a bit of a gap in what he earns versus what I do, and tbh I enjoy the fact that I can spoil him at Christmas/birthdays/anniversaries, and as well he really appreciates it :)

Maybe we could work on a rota system? I mean he travels with work lots. Maybe when he's gone the rest of us could take it in turns to be spoiled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Sullivlo speaks sense. You should listen to her :D
    I purely just want the surprises etc.
    I dont expect you to fall in love with me or anything :pac:

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Sullivlo speaks sense. You should listen to her :D
    I purely just want the surprises etc.
    I dont expect you to fall in love with me or anything :pac:

Oh yeah. Purely surprises. None of that lovey dovey mumbo jumbo. Just me getting treated like a princess.

Yis are mad it's me that travels.

No Rota lol you mad yokes

Yis are mad it's me that travels.

No Rota lol you mad yokes

It was worth a chance.

I can't sleep. So obviously I'm questioning the meaning of life :pac:

One thing that struck me today. Unless we work in the same place as our nearest and dearest, we never get / have to see them in work mode. I'm thinking of friends who are doctors and nurses and how they must face some of the worst things on this planet, yet we only see the non-work version of them.

Much smaller example. My mum came to my PhD pre exam presentation all those years ago. She had never seen me in full blown work / presentation / confidence mode - she only ever got to see the tantrums about work. She said it was amazing to see how differently I held myself, engaged people and was able to roll with the punches of questions and technical glitches. She said it was a side of me she would ordinarily never see (unless she snuck into the back of a conference I was speaking at or something) and it made her happy.

Also hoping the radio silence from RK means ye are kept busy with night feeds and stinky nappies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Unfortunately not! 2 days overdue, nothing moving at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

^ Unfortunately not! 2 days overdue, nothing moving at all.
    Oh I hope they'll arrive soon and by themselves, so! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

How long before you're induced?

Advertisement