Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

^ Unfortunately not! 2 days overdue, nothing moving at all.

Time for a curry methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*drags husband down to Brick Lane* :pac:

That said, we went for curry on Saturday night, I had a spicy one and it did feck all.

@Ivy - have my 40 week appointment on Thursday which is probably going to result in a sweep, hospital policy is 10-11 days overdue before strong hints at induction are made and I can't use the nice birth centre if I go more than 14 days over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I found out I was being induced to I started bouncing on the exercise ball and I swear it's the only thing that made a bit of difference! Hopefully it won't come to that as that birth centre sounds pretty sweet.

It is! Pools in all the rooms, very homely look, double beds and all the balls/ropes/birthing stools/other useful things you can possibly imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It is! Pools in all the rooms, very homely look, double beds and all the balls/ropes/birthing stools/other useful things you can possibly imagine.
    In the new clinic where I gave birth this time, they have a "natural" room, so there's a pool, balls, all sorts of yokes to help you if you want to give birth that way. It looked cool.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I was just wandering in to see if RK had had mini RK :)

Nothing doing at all here - just back from doing a bit of shopping! May or may not have accidentally'd a really cute baby outfit with dinosaurs on it while in the supermarket too :) I'm feeling very big and awkward at the moment, but nothing to suggest that labour would be imminent. Full moon in the next couple of days though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

RK that birthing centre sounds amazing!!! Two babas in and I haven't managed to escape induction yet. Have yet to even be favourable for a sweep. Hopefully baby RK decides to not to wait for eviction.

Two year old just walked into the room, took one look at my slippers and said 'mommy, you need different shoes', ran off up the hall and came back with my converse saying 'here's your cowboy shoes'. She has good taste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I have had a chest cold for the past few days and have managed to cough myself hoarse.

On my last call, when I joined and introduced myself, they thought I was a man :o:(

Going on holiday next week, so really hope I have my voice back soon!

Pass the bell. Again.

So after my ddoc nebuliser antics, there was no improvement in my breathing, so I went to my GP. (Well another doctor in the practice). Anyway, she put me on a second course of antibiotics (more specific for my chest), more steroids and a new asthma tablet.

Today I went back to get my chest listened to and get cleared to get back on my bike. Had been running to the loo all day and mentioned it and BOOM. UTI. Third course of antibiotics in 10 days or something.

I'm ringing the vet tomorrow to get put down. It's the most humane thing for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm ringing the vet tomorrow to get put down. It's the most humane thing for me ;)

Agreed :pac:

Stick up on some probiotics for your tummy all those antibiotics will have you wrecked

Stheno wrote: »

Stick up on some probiotics for your tummy all those antibiotics will have you wrecked

Oh I've been lashing the acidophilus into me for weeks. Will get a decent probiotic when I'm done with them all.

Pharmacist also said that the antibiotics will leave me physically drained so I need to eat more. I've been using steroids as an excuse to eat chocolate. Now they're finished I can say I'm following medical advice.

Oh and I also have an infected burn on my arm. So an antibiotic cream for that too.

Yes. Vets for reals.

Oh and I also have an infected burn on my arm. So an antibiotic cream for that too.

Yes. Vets for reals.

I think you are too diseased for a vet surgery.

I recommend the local knackery, they have procedures for dealing with the dangerously diseased :pac:

I think you are too diseased for a vet surgery.

I recommend the local knackery, they have procedures for dealing with the dangerously diseased :pac:

I reckon if cherry orchard was still the isolation hospital for infected people I'd be holed up in there half my life. Was meant to go as a kid cos I was properly sick but it was too far away for mum to travel and we didn't have a car so my GP took over my care at home, which was amazing of her. I was 6 I think and I got scarlet fever, rheumatic fever, pleurisy and viral meningitis within about 4 months. Then they thought I had a brain tumour, but that was just a severe chocolate allergy.

I don't know how I lasted til nearly 30 :pac:

I reckon if cherry orchard was still the isolation hospital for infected people I'd be holed up in there half my life. Was meant to go as a kid cos I was properly sick but it was too far away for mum to travel and we didn't have a car so my GP took over my care at home, which was amazing of her. I was 6 I think and I got scarlet fever, rheumatic fever, pleurisy and viral meningitis within about 4 months. Then they thought I had a brain tumour, but that was just a severe chocolate allergy.

I don't know how I lasted til nearly 30 :pac:

Cherry Orchard was where I was incarcerated when I had my penicillin incident as they didn't know what was wrong with me.

You had a very lucky escape :)

Mocking is catching I now appear to have mallet finger :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm definitely going to work on my project tonight. Right after I relax a bit.
    Relaxes a bit.
    Relaxes a bit more.
    Definitely gonna do something in just a little while.
    Relaxing intensifies.
    Oh look, I'm really tired, I'd better go to bed.
    Lying in bed, "I'll definitely work on that project tomorrow."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

One of the shortest terms in the year and I'm on my knees. Managed to have no voice over the weekend, and an itchy throat, which has now progressed into me trying to physically cough up my lungs. Thankfully last day tomorrow, then in work Tuesday and Wednesday for intervention classes with my year 11, then home! Cough is wrecking my chest - have papers to mark but feel so sleepy!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'm definitely going to work on my project mark those papers tonight. Right after I relax a bit.
    Relaxes a bit.
    Relaxes a bit more.
    Definitely gonna do something in just a little while.
    Relaxing intensifies.
    Oh look, I'm really tired, I'd better go to bed.
    Lying in bed, "I'll definitely work on that projectmark those papers tomorrow."

Exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not sure if tis the right place but I just need to get it out..Man oh man I don't normally feel like I am smothered but I feel like I need to jump into a pool and just start swimming or something or take a massive deep breath..

So much going on at the one time, first time in my live I think I felt like this...sorry just need to blurt :)

Milly33 wrote: »
    Not sure if tis the right place but I just need to get it out..Man oh man I don't normally feel like I am smothered but I feel like I need to jump into a pool and just start swimming or something or take a massive deep breath..

So much going on at the one time, first time in my live I think I felt like this...sorry just need to blurt :)

Blurt away. Sure didn't I have a big rant just days ago?!

Hope things sort themselves out soon. It's always better to talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you just needed to say something to someone I knew wasn't involved...

All is picking up that good, well nothing was done just lots of things happening together.. But we must carry one no point in drowning in it all twill do no good.. Thank you

So three days of wearing a splint on my finger at all times is a pain in the hoop.

ANd apparently it takes up to 8-12 weeks for this stupid injury to heal. :(

Just looked up term dates, and the last term was 24 days, 24!!!! Can't believe that one

Thinking of heading to Croatia for May half term, Pula seems to be a decent cheap holiday. Won't book anything until my travelling partner gets back from Pakistan in two weeks. I've nearly had every type of weather here today - thunder and lightening, rain, hailstone, dull and cloudy, and now sun is shining! Have decided that it means I should stay in, chocolate and catch up TV

Watching the Easter Rising celebrations on RTE player international, very proud to be Irish. Roll on Wednesday when I fly home - two days of year 11s before I do!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is there such a thing as too much easter egg? Trying to understand this feeling I'm experiencing right now :p

Is there such a thing as too much easter egg? Trying to understand this feeling I'm experiencing right now :p

Yes. I too need to understand these feelings. Perhaps it's sugar overdose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

After watching the Easter Rising celebrations and now watching the Queen of Ireland, I'm very proud to be from this little island right now.

Had a very informed and reasonable debate with my, very sheltered, old school, farmer, father about gay rights. And I think I had a breakthrough with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I just happened to be stalking the March 16 pregnancy thread and saw that RK had a beautiful baby boy! :)

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    I just happened to be stalking the March 16 pregnancy thread and saw that RK had a beautiful baby boy! :)

Woohoooooo congrats RK and hubby!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well

Congrats RK. Delighted for ye :)

Went cycling today. Broke all sorts of records. Well, my own records. Galway is less than two weeks away, so training hard this week before tapering / carb loading next week. Can't wait. Had been concerned after being off my bike for 3 weeks with illness, but have been out 4 days in a row and no ill effects - I might even feel a bit stronger after a rest!

Thanks all :) He's a little dote and we're utterly in love! 3.39kg / 7lb 7oz bundle of fun, 8 days overdue in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Congrats RK :D:D

Thanks all :) He's a little dote and we're utterly in love! 3.39kg / 7lb 7oz bundle of fun, 8 days overdue in the end.

Did you get to use the super duper birthing suite?

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I hear back to back labour is pretty tough, so well done and massive congrats on the safe arrival of your baby boy. :) Enjoy the snuggles with the new love of your life. I couldn't stop sniffing my newborn's head - that lovely baby smell. Still love burying my nose in his mop, I'll probably still keep trying until he's too tall for me to reach it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations RK!! Those newborn snuggles and little snuffles are the best <3

Did you get to use the super duper birthing suite?

I did, but didn't get to use the pool as I was about to start pushing by the time I got there! It was lovely afterwards though - they cleaned everything up and we had 12 hours with only absolutely necessary interruptions there, very relaxed and calm. On postnatal ward for the night now - baby was slow to feed because I had diamorphine during labour so being kept in overnight to make sure he feeds properly.

I did, but didn't get to use the pool as I was about to start pushing by the time I got there! It was lovely afterwards though - they cleaned everything up and we had 12 hours with only absolutely necessary interruptions there, very relaxed and calm. On postnatal ward for the night now - baby was slow to feed because I had diamorphine during labour so being kept in overnight to make sure he feeds properly.

Best wishes to you all :)

I'm having one of those days where being on boards is great, i got to know someone through here a few years ago is helping me with something in real life.

I've also just remembered I've a pile of pms to reply to from the past week!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Congrats to Ivy too, just spotted hers while going back through thread!

Finally got to the doctor with my wonky finger.

Have to get an xray, see a surgeon, then occupational therapy to get a customised splint, and the splint will be on apparently for several months!!

• Advertisement

Finally got to the doctor with my wonky finger.

Have to get an xray, see a surgeon, then occupational therapy to get a customised splint, and the splint will be on apparently for several months!!

Feck! That's a dose. Do they know what it is / what happened?

As much as I love 4 day weeks when it means I get to have a lie in, go for cycles & generally don't need to be anywhere near work, it usually means that I have to squish 5 days of work in to 4 days. Which means early starts and late finishes. Was in the lab from 8.30 this morning and only finished now.

And to make matters worse, am on a 4 day week next week too as I have my cycle on Friday!

Ah well.

Also I downloaded a book recently called "When Breath Becomes Air". I don't know how I found it. But I got it anyway.

It's about a doctor in the US who was diagnosed with terminal cancer towards the end of his residency. He wrote about the whole thing. It was a truly beautiful book and I'm not ashamed to say that I sobbed while reading it.

Feck! That's a dose. Do they know what it is / what happened?

As much as I love 4 day weeks when it means I get to have a lie in, go for cycles & generally don't need to be anywhere near work, it usually means that I have to squish 5 days of work in to 4 days. Which means early starts and late finishes. Was in the lab from 8.30 this morning and only finished now.

And to make matters worse, am on a 4 day week next week too as I have my cycle on Friday!

Ah well.

The tendon on the top joint of my finger is torn/stretched

I hate four day weeks with a passion

The tendon on the top joint of my finger is torn/stretched

I hate four day weeks with a passion

It's just that its 4 in a row between Paddys day & Easter.

How did it happen? It's a common injury amongst my friends. Tag rugby is the usual culprit. I think I've had 5 friends need surgery on their fingers after tearing finger tendons playing tag.

Mind you. I also know someone who tore their Achilles playing tag who needed surgery on it. And someone else (myself :p) who tore shoulder tendons playing tag, so tag is super dangerous.

It's just that its 4 in a row between Paddys day & Easter.

How did it happen? It's a common injury amongst my friends. Tag rugby is the usual culprit. I think I've had 5 friends need surgery on their fingers after tearing finger tendons playing tag.

Mind you. I also know someone who tore their Achilles playing tag who needed surgery on it. And someone else (myself :p) who tore shoulder tendons playing tag, so tag is super dangerous.

Jeepers, didn't think tag would be that bad. I broke a finger playing rugby

No idea how I did it, think I had a swollen cut on it, then it went all floppy at the tip and wouldn't straighten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Tag is super dangerous! best friends knee is fcked because of it!
    Company's tag team started today was gonna join but was in late and well...rain. lots of it

Jeepers, didn't think tag would be that bad. I broke a finger playing rugby

No idea how I did it, think I had a swollen cut on it, then it went all floppy at the tip and wouldn't straighten

You play rugby? What position?

It's always the innocuous injuries that get ya!

You play rugby? What position?

It's always the innocuous injuries that get ya!

I'd did when I was younger.

Second row, back in the mid nineties with Blackrock.

Only for 1 or 2 seasons though,

I'd did when I was younger.

Second row, back in the mid nineties with Blackrock.

Only for 1 or 2 seasons though,

Ah cool. I actually know a few people who used to play for Blackrock then! I only took it up in 2003. Front row mostly. Sometimes second row. Fancied myself as a number 8 (a la Billy Vunipola) however I had notions about myself and was firmly returned to the front row Union :)

Ah cool. I actually know a few people who used to play for Blackrock then! I only took it up in 2003. Front row mostly. Sometimes second row. Fancied myself as a number 8 (a la Billy Vunipola) however I had notions about myself and was firmly returned to the front row Union :)

I'd notions of being a winger, but was too big and slow :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement