Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Stheno wrote: »
    I have spent the past two months going from being a brunette to silver blonde.

Tonight I finally got the look I was after :D:D:D

I admire your determination and dedication.

I'm also transitioning from brunette, but it's a more silvery-grey that I'm heading for :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    I admire your determination and dedication.

I'm also transitioning from brunette, but it's a more silvery-grey that I'm heading for :pac:

Ah you see I went for the silvery grey head, but an unnatural looking one :)

This would most closely resemble both the colour and cut, I tend to sleek mine down :)

https://www.google.ie/search?q=short+silver+blonde+hair&biw=1096&bih=566&tbm=isch&imgil=czLDvUZ2Tg659M%253A%253BSoakye8f9D30bM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fl12gasta%25252Fhair-ideas%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=czLDvUZ2Tg659M%253A%252CSoakye8f9D30bM%252C_&usg=__3v5KGSnG6N1kfVL8Y0yobROONpo%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjcz9KIvrfNAhVB7xQKHT7VAg4QyjcILA&ei=fldoV9yYOcHeU76qi3A#imgrc=3ycPMwa6ZCKzjM%3A

I'm now imagining you as the lead character in House of Cards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You need to watch it. If for no other reason than episode 1 of season 2 (you'd need to see the rest of the episodes first), or, of course, Meechum. Great show.

Yes. Claire Underwood.

I'll watch it.

Bizarelly she has the same shape face as I do, and I'm planning on growing my hair into almost exactly that style, it's rather freaky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's something in the air in Limerick - 12 week old miniKirby has slept a full night (11pm-almost 8am) 2 nights in a row! :eek: :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There's something in the air in Limerick - 12 week old miniKirby has slept a full night (11pm-almost 8am) 2 nights in a row! :eek: :D:D
    Could it be light levels? No streetlights where you are now?
    (L found it very hard to sleep any time we visited my parents in the summer, because they don't have shutters in Ireland!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm jealous of mini-kirby, I was awake half the night for no reason (extremely frustrating when your kid's asleep!) I'm blaming the full moon

We're in a hotel, but it could be that it's a bit quieter - our apartment in London is very close to an Overground line that gets quite a few freight trains overnight and there are noisy kids upstairs. He's in his normal grobag and sleepsuit but in a travel cot rather than a cosleeper crib.

• Advertisement

Maybe he's just getting accustomed to a life of luxury at a young age? I mean I always sleep better in a hotel than in my own bed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I was told good luck at my new job...finding a nice eligible young man.

By my 80 year old granny, but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I was told good luck at my new job...finding a nice eligible young man.

By my 80 year old granny, but still.
    The lengths modern women have to go to in order to find a man. All those years in college, exams, job interviews... I just hope he's worth it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I feel like the only singleton in Ireland.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think I'm in for an eternally single life. Oh well!

I sometimes think I'd love to be in a relationship, but then I think of the disaster that was my last long-term one. :o We'd do just about anything to avoid being in each others company, even when living in the same house. It's kind of put me off the idea of relationships, even though it's nearly a year since it ended! I value my "me" time too much.

I remember reading once that the difference between being an introvert and being an extrovert is that an extrovert is energised by being in the company of others, while an introvert is drained by being around others ... I'm an introvert, and I definitely identify with that. And you know, that doesn't mean I don't like spending time with family and friends - I do - just with limits and boundaries and a certain amount of distance.

So I guess my ideal relationship would be with another introvert, but sure then I'd probably get insecure if they were acting distant towards me, even though I'd be telling them I needed space at times ... meh, I guess I'm destined to be forever alone! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm very definitely an introvert, but have been lucky enough to find someone I can be 100% comfortable around - takes no energy at all. You never know what will happen!

Anyone else delighted it's the longest day in the year? We'll be getting back to nice dark evenings soon, much better for snuggling up indoors :o:P

I'm very definitely an introvert, but have been lucky enough to find someone I can be 100% comfortable around - takes no energy at all. You never know what will happen!

Anyone else delighted it's the longest day in the year? We'll be getting back to nice dark evenings soon, much better for snuggling up indoors :o:P

No more saying "grand stretch all the same" as a conversation starter :(

I'm an introverted extrovert. Or an extroverted introvert. I think I must have different personas.

I 100% need alone time. I am 100% happy in my own company. Some of the best weekends I ever had were spent entirely in my own company. I would go to the shop on a Friday evening to buy supplies, and not speak to anyone until the Monday morning in work.

But I also thrive around others. I enjoy the company of others. I "perform" if that's the right expression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

No more saying "grand stretch all the same" as a conversation starter :(

There's always the rain or lack of

There's always the rain or lack of

It's not the same :( there is a certain nod that can only accompany the phrase "grand auld stretch all the same".

Lads Christy Moore will be rewriting a few songs tonight because ROBBIE BRADY GOT THE BALL AND SCHTUCK IT IN THE NET.

This evening at an event I offered to lift something with a lady. She told me not to be silly lifting things "in my condition".

WHAT CONDITION WOULD THAT BE?!?!

Her friend told me to watch the nuts in the salad "just in case".

NOPE. :mad:.

I'm my lowest weight in years as of this morning and now I feel like sh te.

• Advertisement

This evening at an event I offered to lift something with a lady. She told me not to be silly lifting things "in my condition".

I know it's difficult but try not to pay attention to busybodies like that. You know how much you've been working. People like her will comment on anything - if she had thought you were too thin she would have said something too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Argh those people are the absolute worst :mad: I've lost 2 stone since having my son and still been asked if I was pregnant three times since. Like I get that I still carry weight on my stomach, always have done and it's more pronounced since pregnancy, but it's not like there's a huge bump or anything ! Is it not a well-documented faux-pas by now? :confused: I don't understand people

Oh Loungers. Back to reality today after a lovely few days.

I was at my friends wedding in Cork. I got a pleasant surprise to see some old friends there so had a great time catching up with them.

The wedding was in Incheydonney Lodge and oh my god, what a place. So chilled out! I brought my bike and enjoyed getting lost in West Cork for a while. It was a two day wedding so we had a BBQ the next day.

I topped the weekend off with an overnight stay with friends where I used to live, and we went for a lovely cycle on Sunday afternoon, followed by dinner & catch up drinks.

Then I went to Kildare Village on the way home to shop.

I'm really not looking forward to work today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank god there are more people introvert.. I must say I find it hard sometimes.. You go out and you see these really sociable people but the more I try the more I see that I am just not this kinda of person..

I am quite happy just me and two others or something rather than a group of people.. I think I start to panic, inside im like holy **** they are all looking at me going what is she wearing or talking about (fine most of the talk is waffle) but in my head tis fecking great...eyes leak, getting flustered, drink too much and want to run home..

I hope you are ok Sunshine!! try not to let the comments bother you people just don't think before they speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm very much an introvert too. My two best friends are great. I might not see them from one month to the next apart from a quick text to check in with them. We know that it's never anything personal. We have lives to live, they have husbands and full time jobs and one has a child. I get spurts of energy where I'll go see them and chat for hours. That happened yesterday and today! We're all caught up now and we'll get on with our lives again. I had this chat with one of them today and she says it's a perfect friendship. There's no pressure on either of us to keep up appearances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Inchydonney is lovely! That was the first place we went splorin' went I moved down

Is anyone else plagued with hayfever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Yes! And sinusitis. It's rotten

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Yes! And sinusitis. It's rotten

I love you. I'm fecked with it, massive hacking cough, snotty nose, swollen face, weepy eyes, it's just horrible.

Got otc medication tonight for the hayfever, gonna get sinutab tomorrow and off to the doctor Friday if it doesn't stop.

It's like my entire body from my throat up is infested :(

• Advertisement

Yes!! I was trying to figure out why I couldn't breathe properly. 99% sure it's hayfever flaring my asthma. Dose of a yoke. Nose in bits with it too.

Yes!! I was trying to figure out why I couldn't breathe properly. 99% sure it's hayfever flaring my asthma. Dose of a yoke. Nose in bits with it too.

Yeah I can't breathe through my nose, throat is is bits and I've a cough worthy of someone dying of lung cancer.

Took me until today to think of hayfever.

You on prescription meds or otc?

The thoughts of sitting in the doctor waiting room in my gp for an hour is putting me off getting proper drugs.

Yeah I can't breathe through my nose, throat is is bits and I've a cough worthy of someone dying of lung cancer.

Took me until today to think of hayfever.

You on prescription meds or otc?

The thoughts of sitting in the doctor waiting room in my gp for an hour is putting me off getting proper drugs.

I take piriton every night as I get dust hayfever too. Then when I get a bad flare I take zirtek too.

I also have singulair, xyzal, diphenhydramine and telfast. I use nasal sprays if needed, but thankfully seem to be escaping the worst of that this year. It's just my breathing. Hopefully it's just hayfever and not something different.

Started with similar symptoms this time last year. Ended up in a&e with a suspected pulmonary embolism. Thankfully it wasn't (doctor overreacting), but it was pleurisy. Really hope it's just hayfever or a mild virus. Can't be dealing with the awfulness of asthma or worse. Taking all of my inhalers.

This year hasn't been too bad for me with hay fever which is strange because I'm usually wrecked with it (although my worst allergen is tree pollen, especially Cyprus tree pollen so it's worse in February/March).
    Last year, I had a chest cold when the hay fever started, I ended up on an inhaler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm very jealous of your drugs!! I'm taking marimer nasal spray 4 times a day.

I used to have it quite badly in July and August when I lived in Dublin - nothing at all really since I moved to London, maybe the pollution burned out everything that could get irritated!

• Advertisement

What I thought was hayfever actually wasn't :(

I have a chest cold. It's on the top of my chest and I'm coughing like you wouldn't believe and I have a temperature. Didn't cycle in to work today because I didn't think my lungs would make it! I'm hoping that some rest and fluids and paracetamol will help and that it doesn't develop into an infection / doesn't end up requiring steroids :(

Oh no get well soon, sullivlo.

I think it's just manflu :pac:

I think it's just manflu :pac:
    Oh well then, may God have mercy on your soul! :P

I can hardly breathe this morning so am off to the doctor

• Advertisement

Hope you feel better sullivlo and don't worry if tis manful us ladies can handle that.. Yeah I must say I was putting it down to maybe a few too many glass's of vino at the weekend but was fine yesterday and all stuffed up again today.. Horrible stuff tis....

I love friends like that, that you can just call to blurt it all out have a laugh and walk away.. Great buddies must say even thinking about it now, the one friend I did have that was all we shall meet all the time, used to let me down a lot and well eventually I saw the other side, so maybe it was a sign

I do indeed have the plague on antibiotics, steroids and nasal spray

I do indeed have the plague on antibiotics, steroids and nasal spray

Oh no! Hopefully they kick in soon and you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I've to go for an mri later.

Naturally I'm ignoring it exists

Are you a house cleaner if so get scrubbing its amazing what you can do to take you mind of things.. They are fine all over in 15mins..Have you gone to one before....

pew wrote: »

I fell asleep in my last one... What part of the body? They're grand.

You'll go into the unit, they'll ask you lots of safety questions. Then they'll get you to put on a gown and bring you in to the scanner.

They'll put a cage over the body part that is to be scanned. They'll give you a panic button to press in case of emergencies. They'll give you headphones to drown out some of the noise - its quite a noisy machine. Absolutely no pain. When I got my head done there was even a mirror in there so that I could see out.

When I got my shoulder done I needed an injection into the joint for contrast purposes. That hurt a little, but once that was done the MRI was fairly painless. Depending on the area needing to be scanned they might need to inject you, but the injection is quick and (relatively) painless - and I say that as a needle-phobe.

(I know I said that my shoulder one hurt, but that was a large bore needle directly into the joint of my shoulder, and 50+ mL of liquid inserted in. It wasn't a standard contrast injection. They're just directly into the vein)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

pew wrote: »

I got one on my brain a few years ago and got a DVD of it. You started off looking at my skull full frontal and you use your mouse to zoom in through all the layers, right through to the other side of my head. It was seriously cool, seeing what your own skeleton looks like. My OH told me it got mixed up with another patients because we could see the brain. :P

I'm needle phobic but the contrast dye jab was mainly just cold. And the hardest part was not to jump when the machine clanks because you are supposed to stay really still.

Sapphire wrote: »
    I got one on my brain a few years ago and got a DVD of it. You started off looking at my skull full frontal and you use your mouse to zoom in through all the layers, right through to the other side of my head. It was seriously cool, seeing what your own skeleton looks like. My OH told me it got mixed up with another patients because we could see the brain. :P

I'm needle phobic but the contrast dye jab was mainly just cold. And the hardest part was not to jump when the machine clanks because you are supposed to stay really still.
    That was my concern also. That they wouldn't find a brain. I think that everyone was surprised to see that I do have one :pac:

Realised that as of this morning I've lost 10% of my body weight. Treated self to massage and now wandering Temple Bar night market. It's a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

It was my heart. That wasn't so bad though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement