Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

Phew pew :) Great.. Hope you are feeling ok after it..!! dont stress now about results until you get them which I am sure will be great..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Dyed my hair out of boredom.

Missed a patch so now i have dark cherry red with 1 ginger side burn :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

My last wisdom tooth is coming up and it's bloody painful. I don't think it's coming at an angle or something, just busting through the gum like it should've done five or six years ago. How long is this pain meant to last? It sucks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

How so Joe wrote: »
    My last wisdom tooth is coming up and it's bloody painful. I don't think it's coming at an angle or something, just busting through the gum like it should've done five or six years ago. How long is this pain meant to last? It sucks!

The pain lasts until you're wise. That's what I always thought as a kid. You got your wisdoms when you were wisdomous.

I don't actually know. I'm one of those lucky cows who got her wisdom teeth without realising it... To the extent that I asked my dentist at my last visit was there something wrong that they hadn't come up...

Try some clove oil on a piece of cotton wool, gargling some warm salted water, and chewing on as many anti-inflammatories you can get your hands on. Ponstan tends to be the drug of choice given by dentists, so ibuprofen should help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Stheno wrote: »
    I do indeed have the plague on antibiotics, steroids and nasal spray

There must be something going around.

I ended up in ddoc last night. I spent all day gasping - couldn't walk up the stairs without needing a lie down and sweating profusely to the extent that I could make out the shape of my body in my bed sheets I was that sweaty.

The nurse asked lots of questions on the phone and agreed that I needed to see a doctor. Saw the doc around 10.30 and had a mad dash to the pavilions to get the script. Five days of steroids and trying to avoid antibiotic if possible. Have to follow up with my GP as I might need other asthma meds when the steroids run out.

He was very brief. Didn't even introduce himself!! Checked temperature, chest, pulse, o2 levels and blood pressure. Chest was wheezey, temperature up, pulse racing (he said slightly elevated but when I told him my resting HR is 60 he upgraded it to racing as it was over 100!), blood pressure was okay but on the low side of normal for me. Oxygen levers were okay so I didn't need the neb. Thankfully!! Otherwise I would not have made the pharmacy.

Two doses of steroids in and I feel a bit better. Was able to walk up the stairs today without falling down, but there is more strength in a glass of water than in me today. Can't do anything requiring strength. Will ring tomorrow to try and see my GP this week as I need to get back training. He also said to get my BP/heart rate checked out with bloods but we'll see if that calms down as I don't like needles :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

How so Joe wrote: »

I'd sporadic bother with mine for a couple years before getting them out. I found swishing a soluble painkiller around before swallowing helped. Also if you smoke try to cut back, and sleep with your head as propped up as you can. Whiskey helps short term but then it comes back worse. All just IME of course, I'm not a doctor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's my cake day! Can't wait to have a slice of black forest gateau this evening *drools*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Happy Birthday Mars Bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Happy birthday! You owe it to yourself to make mars bar treats tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Happy cake day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Happy cake day! Sounds delish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Yay cake! Happy birthday! :)

Can I go back to being 26? Being 27 hasn't started very well. I killed a cat with my car this morning. :( It was quite traumatic. Thankfully, a very nice lady helped me with clearing up the road and told me that it was quite common where they were and it was very likely that it wasn't a pet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Can I go back to being 26? Being 27 hasn't started very well. I killed a cat with my car this morning. :( It was quite traumatic. Thankfully, a very nice lady helped me with clearing up the road and told me that it was quite common where they were and it was very likely that it wasn't a pet.

That's horrible, hope you are feeling OK and belated birthday wishes.

I still have the plague so went back to the doctor as I'm away with work the rest of the week.

What's the first thing she says? Can you take the rest of this week off? Lol

Oh no Mars Bar. I'd say you were shook after that!

• Advertisement

Oh Mars Bar you poor thing, big shock to get

That's horrible, hope you are feeling OK and belated birthday wishes.

I still have the plague so went back to the doctor as I'm away with work the rest of the week.

What's the first thing she says? Can you take the rest of this week off? Lol

I'm signed off until Thursday. But mad busy... I'll go in tomorrow. Still feeling rough though.

Mars bar that's awful. Nice of the lady though.

If it just died straight away it would have been easier but it didn't and there was a lot of trashing about until it died. Poor bugger :(

There were tears but once I got to the camp and started going about my day, I was feeling a lot better.

I am glad I didn't swerve to avoid it though. I still managed to indicate and pull in safely. It's a narrow spot and any deviation from the road will have you in a wall or a wall of a house in a split second so I'm glad I managed to keep a bit of a cool head.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If it just died straight away it would have been easier but it didn't and there was a lot of trashing about until it died. Poor bugger :(

There were tears but once I got to the camp and started going about my day, I was feeling a lot better.

I am glad I didn't swerve to avoid it though. I still managed to indicate and pull in safely. It's a narrow spot and any deviation from the road will have you in a wall or a wall of a house in a split second so I'm glad I managed to keep a bit of a cool head.

Well done sounds like you coped really well

I think I might be turning into a ... a grown up.

I somehow managed to find my way onto daft.ie (odd train of thought) and a mortgage calculator website, in order to see what mortgage I could afford, and then looked at houses accordingly!

I've no intention of doing it any time soon. But looking counts, right?!

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    I think I might be turning into a ... a grown up.

I somehow managed to find my way onto daft.ie (odd train of thought) and a mortgage calculator website, in order to see what mortgage I could afford, and then looked at houses accordingly!

I've no intention of doing it any time soon. But looking counts, right?!

It does..
    Even worse if you can afford to buy a house in Dublin you are supremely adult, or just rich

It does..
    Even worse if you can afford to buy a house in Dublin you are supremely adult, or just rich

Supremely adult. Not a hint of the R word here!!! Nobody goes into science for the money :pac:

We got our keys to our house yesterday - veering between delighted and terrified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It does..

And right here it's just being rich! There are 2 bedroom flats very close to me that have gone for £600,000.

Off to the doctor's here this morning, my boob has decided it wants to be a tempremental little bastard. Grr.

Work with a hangover is so deeply unpleasant. I can't human today let alone interact with other humans.

Work with a hangover is so deeply unpleasant. I can't human today let alone interact with other humans.

Hope you got through the day ok

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

After unsuccessfully applying for a few jobs both internally and externally at work, finally managed to successfully get myself a promotion! Mean less teaching hours, but more paperwork but at least I can do some thing that challenges me and enjoy it. Being line managed who I really enjoy and respect, but because there are only two weeks left, I have so much to cover and catch up with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I never go for guys my own age. So recently thought, hey feck it I'll give this one a chance. Mistake. Douchebag. :rolleyes:

Oh god it's humid. I'm sweatng my way through work today and I'm doing nothing more physical than typing. It's always so humid these days. So over it.

I thought I was suffocating on my way to work this morning it was that humid. Don't know how you London loungers do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Oh god it's humid. I'm sweatng my way through work today and I'm doing nothing more physical than typing. It's always so humid these days. So over it.

I'm hating it at the moment, thank God for air con. Except for the next two days we are out of our rooms and randomly placed around the school as they are using our room

Sitting down trying to make sense of everything with my new role, fairly blank page but I've got to try and ensure that I'm ticking off all the boxes.

XFactor six chair challenge yesterday was awesome, except the recording was very late starting. Some very rude comments, but Simon was kinda nice. There was this one act who was given a second chance to sing, audience was kinda behind her, then she sang in French and the whole place went against her!!!!!!

I'm hating it at the moment, thank God for air con. Except for the next two days we are out of our rooms and randomly placed around the school as they are using our room

Sitting down trying to make sense of everything with my new role, fairly blank page but I've got to try and ensure that I'm ticking off all the boxes.

XFactor six chair challenge yesterday was awesome, except the recording was very late starting. Some very rude comments, but Simon was kinda nice. There was this one act who was given a second chance to sing, audience was kinda behind her, then she sang in French and the whole place went against her!!!!!!

What do you work at? Sounds cool!

What do you work at? Sounds cool!

I wish I was involved in television! I'm a maths teacher, but I got the role of numeracy coordinator as a teaching and learning responsibility. Love the fact that it is pretty much a blankish template for going forward and continuing on work I've started already.

I got priority tickets for the XFactor as I was at the red carpet event in London, managed to get my picture in the paper - the face to Nicole's left http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/nicole-scherzinger-displays-cleavage-bizarre-8233443 Making the most of being in London - when I was there, Louis and Sharon were amazing, Louis even stood and recorded a video message to my mammy, which she loved as she is a big Westlife fan.

Home to Ireland on holidays in two weeks time, roll on the summer holidays!

Maybe I'm just weird but I haven't found it bad! Of course it helps that I'm on maternity leave and able to avoid having to travel at rush hour and being able to wear whatever the baby hasn't puked on the hell I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Maybe I'm just weird but I haven't found it bad! Of course it helps that I'm on maternity leave and able to avoid having to travel at rush hour and being able to wear whatever the baby hasn't puked on the hell I want.

Jayzus I remember the first few months, W used to puke with every single feed! Can't say I miss those days. The amount of laundry we went through, between his clothes and ours, and of course the bedsheets!

MiniKirby picks his moments - heading out when we're in a rush is a great time to spit up on mammy's shoulder!

I went into the office last week to sort out a couple of things regarding extending my leave and pension/benefits etc, he got a little fractious so I took him into arms, noticed when I went to put him back in the buggy that he had shat through every stitch of clothing he had on and my t-shirt and nursing bra too :eek:

Ah, the explosive poos! Still happens occasionally after 4 months. The puking hardly ever happens now.
    The heat is getting hard to deal with - it's mid 30s outside and about 27 inside. She's living in her nappy. I put her in a cool bath every day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

16 more weeks til I get my little person filled with puke and poo :D I can't wait. Even for those bits :D

16 weeks is years away!

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    16 more weeks til I get my little person filled with puke and poo :D I can't wait. Even for those bits :D

16 weeks is years away!

Oh I know! I'm not complaining though, I'm very immature and find the explosive poos hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Lucyfur wrote: »

16 weeks is years away!

N'awwwhh! Do you know the gender yet? Or are you going to find out?

Oh btw here is a pro tip that I share regularly in case people don't know: baby vest are expandable at the neck, so when they have an explosive poo, you can remove the vest DOWN the body, you don't need to pull it over their head (I know someone who cut off pooey vests because she didn't know that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

sullivlo wrote: »

That's very funny. Not funny if you find poo unfunny though. :D

Oh btw here is a pro tip that I share regularly in case people don't know: baby vest are expandable at the neck, so when they have an explosive poo, you can remove the vest DOWN the body, you don't need to pull it over their head (I know someone who cut off pooey vests because she didn't know that!)

I know someone who did it with about 10 BabyGap ones before she was told. She nearly cried when I told her.

And they always do it on the nice vests. Not the 20 for a fiver ones you get in Pennys specifically for this purpose. Like when you quite fancey a ride, they just know and make it their business to thwart your plans!

Sapphire wrote: »
    I know someone who did it with about 10 BabyGap ones before she was told. She nearly cried when I told her.

And they always do it on the nice vests. Not the 20 for a fiver ones you get in Pennys specifically for this purpose. Like when you quite fancey a ride, they just know and make it their business to thwart your plans!
    I have a big tub of vanish powder, between that and the intense sunshine clothes get on the line here, stains don't last long! :)

• Advertisement

I have a big tub of vanish powder, between that and the intense sunshine clothes get on the line here, stains don't last long! :)

Yeah, that sunshine thing kinda doesn't work all that well here :pac: Our back garden gets a small sliver of sunshine on the very rare days it is actually sunny for about an hour.

These days thankfully the stains are just grass and mud on denim.

I put the cheapest crappy plain Morrisons vests on miniKirby, they work out about 90p each so I just bin them after the worst poonamis!

I told my husband the vest trick - and a week later caught him trying to put the vests on like that, not undoing the poppers and pulling the vest up on the little fella's torso!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

^Mine insisted on doing that for a while too, claiming it was easier :/

Sometimes I hate people.

Cycling to work this morning and there was this guy absolutely breaking all of the rules of life, never mind the rules of the road. He was also pretty dangerous and nearly took a few pedestrians out of it. I kept my distance because he was all over the road. He slowed right down and I continued cycling and I ended up passing him out. Like the responsible cyclist that I am, I waited at the red lights, but he decided to just sail on through. But as he cycled past me he called me a fat c u next Tuesday. I mean I know I had pasta for dinner so I was a bit bloated, but still, harsh :pac: ah no, it does knock your confidence a little when you're finally feeling more comfortable in your own skin (I've lost a serious amount of weight and toned up greatly over the past 2 years and gone from a size 22-24 to a size 14-16, I know I have some more weight to lose but I want to a) be healthy about it, and b) continue to enjoy life.)

Then I was waiting at the lights right beside work and I started to take off some of my layers (arm warmers, opened my gilet) and someone started to wolf whistle. I thought it was someone slagging me for taking off layers and I ignored it but they kept on whistling. I continued to ignore it, and then as soon as the lights changed I was gone. When I locked my bike I checked my phone - turns out it was one of my friends that was whistling so I could have turned and waved. Whoops! (But after being called a fat c**t I wasn't taking any chances!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've never had comments on my appearance while cycling. I did have a car repeatedly beep at me though. A few minutes later, I heard something come from near my bike, cycled on while slowing to stop, and stopped and checked my bike. The back light had fallen off, and I spotted a little bit behind me just in time to see a car roll over it. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement