Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I haven't had any while cycling but plenty while running. The drivers from my local bus garage are the pits for it - whistles, catcalls, comments etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I had more abuse shouted at me when I used to bike to work than I ever had running. But it has happened to me running. Some people are just asshats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

This week has been a series of "nope". I'm so tired. I have serious pms. I don't want to interact with humans. I feel so utterly gross and bloated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Lucyfur wrote: »
    16 more weeks til I get my little person filled with puke and poo :D I can't wait. Even for those bits :D

16 weeks is years away!

15 weeks for me! Eeeek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

This week has been a series of "nope". I'm so tired. I have serious pms. I don't want to interact with humans. I feel so utterly gross and bloated.

I was just coming on to moan sunshine!! Im so with you. This week is horrible so it is... back from holidays was all stuffed up, got an eye infection thing, feel like I have been KO'd in mortal combat. been off the pill for three months now, didn't feel a thing last two months and this month is like hello did you forget about us my precious.. so so nasty and crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yeah I don't know if it's the weather or what it is. But I'm just completely fatigued. Haven't an ounce of energy in me. Hard to get to bed at night but cannot get out of it in the morning. In work my brain is literally not even working, it's a struggle to think. I normally go out walking or jogging a few times a week and haven't been out at all yet this week. Supposed to be out for a run this evening and I don't know where I'm going to get the energy or motivation to go.
    Appetite has gone to pot - don't know what I want to eat and just not in the humour for cooking anything.
    I need another holiday!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I was dying my hair grey and it is gone blue :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Stheno wrote: »
    I was dying my hair grey and it is gone blue :(
    Pics... :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    Pics... :pac:

No way, it's rotten some blonde some silver and loads of blue

I've a pile of head and shoulders on it at the momebt

Oh no!! Can I ask why you were dying your hair grey in the first place?

Nearly over thank god. Cant wait to get home and yep gin and t and tidy the house!! Im sure that will make all better

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh no!! Can I ask why you were dying your hair grey in the first place?

Nearly over thank god. Cant wait to get home and yep gin and t and tidy the house!! Im sure that will make all better

I'm after that silver blonde look!

No way, it's rotten some blonde some silver and loads of blue

I've a pile of head and shoulders on it at the momebt
    Hopefully the shampoo works... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hopefully the shampoo works... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Had to bleach it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ha stheno if I didn't know about you I'd swear you were my old housemate. She literary did the same today and I've been watching her snapchat stories all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Oh god I'm sorry but I laughed! :o

Poor you ... going for grey hair, but ending up with blue hair, when you are probably at an age where a version of your natural hair colour would be grand, and people would think it was real ... but now instead you've accidentally bypassed an era of grey hair and ended up in crazy-cat-lady-with-blue-hair stage.

I reckon hairdressers, see what they can do? I'd go for a smaller (non-branch one) rather than a bigger one, more willing to experiment if necessary. I doubt the likes of Peter Mark etc will be much help.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm taking the piss - I'm not - this is coming from the 30-yr-old who just got half her hair bleached and dyed red in a midlife crisis thingy! I just really feel for you. :)

Oh god I'm sorry but I laughed! :o

Poor you ... going for grey hair, but ending up with blue hair, when you are probably at an age where a version of your natural hair colour would be grand, and people would think it was real ... but now instead you've accidentally bypassed an era of grey hair and ended up in crazy-cat-lady-with-blue-hair stage.

I reckon hairdressers, see what they can do? I'd go for a smaller (non-branch one) rather than a bigger one, more willing to experiment if necessary. I doubt the likes of Peter Mark etc will be much help.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm taking the piss - I'm not - this is coming from the 30-yr-old who just got half her hair bleached and dyed red in a midlife crisis thingy! I just really feel for you. :)

Ah it's fine now I bleached it and reapplied the grey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

All this time I am trying to figure out what this thread is about. Not even sure what toga toga is :'o
    Can someone help me pretty please, thanks! : ))

Lavinia wrote: »
    All this time I am trying to figure out what this thread is about.

It's a thread for random chit chat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

All this time I am trying to figure out what this thread is about.

It seems my mom has dyed her hair grey....thought i gave her enough of that!!

• Advertisement

It's a thread for random chit chat
    Ah I see. okay, so it is ladies corner to chat, good to know! :d
    hope you accept the newcomers :D

Ah I see. okay, so it is ladies corner to chat, good to know! :d
    hope you accept the newcomers :D

All welcome apart from that Felix Jones is god brat :pac:

All welcome apart from that Felix Jones is god brat :pac:
    ayea! :D

well, it's sometimes good that god is in da house :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

All this hair talk has me excited for my haircut tomorrow morning! It's an absolute mess at the moment.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    All this hair talk has me excited for my haircut tomorrow morning! It's an absolute mess at the moment.

I give you good wishes for a successful haircut :)

May it not go blue :D

I give you good wishes for a successful haircut :)

May it not go blue :D

:pac: Thanks! I think I'm going shorter as in maybe spikey short. I may be bordering on "boyish" territory but I think a colour might help with that so I've booked a colour too. I'm done with hair flailing about in front of my face!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I cut mine in the bathroom the other day, it's not half bad!

haha love it Felix

Finally happiness house clean and wine in hand and Ab Fab love it

13 hours, three bleaches two toners and four applications of grey dye later, I have the hair I've wanted for months

I'm now waiting to wake up bald tomorrow

13 hours, three bleaches two toners and four applications of grey dye later, I have the hair I've wanted for months

I'd say it looks fab though. Just keep conditioning it.

I'd say it looks fab though. Just keep conditioning it.

It is gorgeous I'm
    I do an oil treatment every night my hairdresser even commented on the condition today :)

• Advertisement

Then you'll look just like me mom!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm getting my hair done today too, super excited as the grey is getting out of hand! Got the baby's hair cut today too and I'm so upset every time I look at her :(

It is gorgeous I'm
    I do an oil treatment every night my hairdresser even commented on the condition today :)

I was going to say wow would it do to you hair....Must wreck it with all the bleaching...

I was going to say wow would it do to you hair....Must wreck it with all the bleaching...

I've very short hair so that goes in my favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Am gonna mooch in here and plug Im trying to set up some sorta dub ladies hang out group- been off boards a while and things seem a lot quieter than a few years back! Just for casual stuff like coffee, chats and strolls or something!
    Nice to see ye all here tho, hope ye have a lovely Sunday :)

Am gonna mooch in here and plug Im trying to set up some sorta dub ladies hang out group- been off boards a while and things seem a lot quieter than a few years back! Just for casual stuff like coffee, chats and strolls or something!
    Nice to see ye all here tho, hope ye have a lovely Sunday :)

Try ll private forum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Try ll private forum :)

Done!

What. A. Day. The weather was simply stunning. Gorgeous cycle over Howth. Then a bitta maintenance work in the garden, a v tasty dinner and a stroll with the doggy.

Carlsberg don't do days...

Oh tis fecking fab here in Cork too.. Weak for it, pesky work..

Must say although tired from lack of sleep I cant wait for the next month.. Big changes going on finally making a move to somewhere new.. Little daunting as ill have to give up work but I cannot wait. Adventure is close!!

Oh tis fecking fab here in Cork too.. Weak for it, pesky work..

Must say although tired from lack of sleep I cant wait for the next month.. Big changes going on finally making a move to somewhere new.. Little daunting as ill have to give up work but I cannot wait. Adventure is close!!

Best of luck with it :)

• Advertisement

Thank you really looking forward to starting fresh somewhere..

Graduation tomorrow, up at four thirty for my flight

Graduation tomorrow, up at four thirty for my flight

Delighted you're going. Enjoy the day :)

Delighted you're going. Enjoy the day :)

Thanks :) ceremony isn't until half five so a long enough day.

On a whole other topic my ohs son has very long hair which he is getting cut short and he's wondering how he can donate it to go to make wigs for people with cancer.

Does anyone know?

Thanks :) ceremony isn't until half five so a long enough day.

On a whole other topic my ohs son has very long hair which he is getting cut short and he's wondering how he can donate it to go to make wigs for people with cancer.

Does anyone know?

Just Google Rapunzel foundation and it shows which hair salons take hair for that purpose

Just Google Rapunzel foundation and it shows which hair salons take hair for that purpose

Thank you much appreciated!

It must be 30 degrees where I am today!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Trip to Thorpe Park yesterday with 300 kids and 18 staff, I found the beach and went from beach to water to beach to dry off and keep going! Then walked around for a bit with some other staff members, and won myself a three foot dog! Left it in school and have him out with me doing the scoring on sports day - kids love him. No name yet.

Sports Day today, they changed it to split it in half so as to get the students out of the sun for a bit. Definitely has hit the 30 degree mark here - ridiculous heat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Baby not liking the heat at all - feed and sleep, feed and sleep... even inside the house it's about 25-26, I'm really tempted to take him to Sainsburys and stand with the buggy in the chilled food section for a while!

• Advertisement

Staying for 4 nights in Rome in September with my sister. Can't wait! \o/

Advertisement