Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

So after 8 months of physio, I'm finally done. On a list that if I need to come back in the next 8 weeks, which hopefully I won't I can just ring up and make an appointment directly, but I'm done. One more week until half term.

Bought new glasses as I broke the old ones, and now can actually see where my golf ball is going - hit my driver over 200 yards when I just hit it instead of trying to play around with technique, think for a person who has only ever messed around with clubs a bit of training and some youtube watching has really helped. Next step is now to actually put it all together and play a round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I have a headache that won't quit :( I was at the doctor last week and she thought it might have been sinuses and she gave me drops for my nose, but they haven't really helped. It's been almost 3 weeks now. It's not constant - but its daily, sore and annoying. Like having to take painkillers every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I was awake early this morning. The gym was open early, so I went to the gym before breakfast.

Being there early doesn't make it any easier, but it does allow you to feel a little bit smug about doing your thing.

The end of cardio still feels like *drop kettlebell*, *miss foot*, *stop clock*, *COLLAPSE*

Ended up in a&e today. Bike crash. I'm ok. Nothing broken. Bruises and cuts. Needed stitches.

More concerned about my bike though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Shiiit, at least you're ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

sullivlo wrote: »
    Ended up in a&e today. Bike crash. I'm ok. Nothing broken. Bruises and cuts. Needed stitches.

Oh no! Thankfully you're all in one piece.

In a weird coincidence this post on Facebook was on my feed about an hour ago.

Oh sh!t, that's not good.

If there's anything I can do, shout.

Spent the afternoon sleeping. I can't explain how exhausted I feel! Bruises are starting to appear now. And stiffness has taken over.

Spent the afternoon sleeping. I can't explain how exhausted I feel! Bruises are starting to appear now. And stiffness has taken over.

As always, it's grand until you stop moving. Then it gets nasty.

As always, it's grand until you stop moving. Then it gets nasty.

I just keep finding new pains!! Latest casualty is my pinky finger.

I'm realising now how lucky I was. One second earlier and it would have been a different story as I would have been under the wheels of the car rather than crashing into the side of it.

• Advertisement

I'm realising now how lucky I was. One second earlier and it would have been a different story as I would have been under the wheels of the car rather than crashing into the side of it.

I know that feeling. 12.5 years ago I was in a collision similar to yours (stopped traffic, car turned across, forgetting the cycle lane she was crossing) I went face first into the panel just behind the rear door. Lost one of my front teeth as a result. Again, seconds either way and it was miss or go under the front.

I worried myself during today's workout.

My cardio routine (rowing and kettlebells) is something I lovingly refer to as "10 minutes of hell"

My personal best time before today was a 9:53.

Today, I beat that time. Not by a second, or two, or five, or even 10. Today I set a time of 9:18, 35 seconds faster.

I'm worried that I must have missed something, or that I wasn't pushing myself enough previously, or what was so special about today that I crushed it, and just how I am expected to follow this up?

On the plus side, I'm now down to 110 and a bit kg. Further, I have a cycling jersey that I bought off Amazon 23 months ago. It's sat in a drawer with the tags still on as it has never fit me. Today I tried it again. It was a squeeze, but I put it on, zipped it up, and it didn't look too bad. It fits! It will look more flattering with my bib shorts that squeeze me in a bit, but result!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Saw your post over in cycling forum. Ye poor thing. What happened?
    The shock gets you through the first few hours pain free and then it all sets in.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yikes sullivlo, must have been a right shock! Glad it wasn't more serious x

Saw your post over in cycling forum. Ye poor thing. What happened?
    The shock gets you through the first few hours pain free and then it all sets in.:(

I was headed down Gardiner Street. At the junction of Gardiner Street and Sean McDermott street. I had a green light so I continued through the junction. The other two lanes were at a standstill though. A driver was turning right from GS to SMcD street, saw the traffic stopped and turned. But he didn't check if there were any cyclists there. I could see him but I couldn't stop. I swerved to miss him but hit him side on - his side door took the brunt of it. Put my arm through the window :o

Dolbert wrote: »
    Yikes sullivlo, must have been a right shock! Glad it wasn't more serious x

One second earlier and I would have been under his wheels.

*looks at chair of clean laundry in the corner*

Does anyone want to put away the laundry for me?

Edit: Panic over. Laundry put away. I didn't realise I had so many socks.

I was headed down Gardiner Street. At the junction of Gardiner Street and Sean McDermott street. I had a green light so I continued through the junction. The other two lanes were at a standstill though. A driver was turning right from GS to SMcD street, saw the traffic stopped and turned. But he didn't check if there were any cyclists there. I could see him but I couldn't stop. I swerved to miss him but hit him side on - his side door took the brunt of it. Put my arm through the window :o

Has to be one of the most lethal things. The amount of times I've nearly been taken out that way and have seen car after car after car turn right, right through cyclists proceeding straight ahead in that way around that area particularly is unreal.

Sounds like it was nasty, but could have been much worse. Hope the driver took the responsibility for it?
    Some would try to say you were undertaking the stopped cars... :rolleyes:

Has to be one of the most lethal things. The amount of times I've nearly been taken out that way and have seen car after car after car turn right, right through cyclists proceeding straight ahead in that way around that area particularly is unreal.

Sounds like it was nasty, but could have been much worse. Hope the driver took the responsibility for it?
    Some would try to say you were undertaking the stopped cars... :rolleyes:

This is the damage to the car.

Driver tried to blame me. Even though I had a green light. And he was crossing two lanes of traffic. And he wasn't expecting a cyclist. He asked for my details to pay for his car damages. He refused to give me his details, hence calling the gardai.

Passed the site again today. My blood is all over the ground :o I had no idea how much my arm actually bled!

• Advertisement

It won't let me upload the picture.

I'm not sure I want to see the damage picture, and I'm not an easily shocked person.

I'm not sure I want to see the damage picture, and I'm not an easily shocked person.

Oh the car, not me. The bruises are covered by clothes and I haven't seen the cut!

Oh the car, not me. The bruises are covered by clothes and I haven't seen the cut!

It's more knowing that the damage was caused by the arm and head of someone I like (not that I would wish it on someone I didn't like)

Hope all the London based posters are safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm actually in Limerick at the moment!

• Advertisement

This has to be the image of the UK General Election:

theresa-may-lord-buckethead-united-kingdom-election.jpg

The question is - Political Rival or new head of security for Theresa May?

That said, I've seen that image somewhere before:

vader-and-palpatine.jpg?w=604&h=390

(Tell nobody, but it's actually Arlene Foster under the helmet)

I was happy at the Labour gains, but have the fcuking rage at the thought of Tory-DUP government.

We did our bit in Islington North and went 73% JC...

I was happy at the Labour gains, but have the fcuking rage at the thought of Tory-DUP government.

We did our bit in Islington North and went 73% JC...

DUP have said they'll support the Tory government but that they don't want a formal coalition. So they won't have a guaranteed majority because the DUP simply won't vote with the government on everything.

Now if SF would take their seats, there couldn't be a Tory-DUP coalition because there's no majority. So I know it's extremely unlikely that it's going to happen but wouldn't it be hilarious.

Tory government will push for a hard Brexit, but a hard brexit will drive towards a united Ireland, so that'll be interesting for the dUp :D

I have the worst food baby ever. Cookie dough popup in the tube station below my office and I had to try it. Tasty in small doses but I ate too much of it and now I'm sleepy and bloated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ladies I can't believe the thread is still going! I haven't popped in for a long time now.

I'm appealing to the wonderful community of boards to help me out. Please let me know of anyone you may know looking for a room in North London. If I don't get someone by the end of the month, I will have to leave which will be detrimental.

Details here

• Advertisement

Hi Sarah, you should join the Girlcrew London Facebook group and ask there too.

Also try the Irish in London pages on FB, there's always people looking for housemates there.

You're not massively far from me! (Archway/Upper Holloway)

Some older, American, republican, Christian, pro-gun lady with the same name as me has signed up for a few dating sites.

I know this because she put the wrong email address down and I am getting the emails instead of her. I can't seem to unsubscribe and I'm getting a ridiculously high number of matches.

Some older, American, republican, Christian, pro-gun lady with the same name as me has signed up for a few dating sites.

I know this because she put the wrong email address down and I am getting the emails instead of her. I can't seem to unsubscribe and I'm getting a ridiculously high number of matches.

Can you reply to them? Along the lines of "I only put that up to get more matches. I'm really an LGBT friendly, left wing pacifist."

Can you reply to them? Along the lines of "I only put that up to get more matches. I'm really an LGBT friendly, left wing pacifist."

I need to log in to subscribe and she didn't give her username or password

I need to log in to subscribe and she didn't give her username or password

I mean to reply.

I mean to reply.

Pity. Email customer support to have them fix it?

Pity. Email customer support to have them fix it?

Perhaps.

It's interesting that all of her matches have moustaches!

Went to bed early last night as I was wrecked. I normally get about 5 hours sleep a night. So sure enough, at 3:30 am my body clock went "HEY WAKE UP WE'VE GOT OUR 5 HOURS"

:(

Witnessed a toddler almost get hit by a jeep outside my house earlier. Sweet suffering mother my heart. Nearly shat myself. Can only imagine how the people in the jeep felt!

• Advertisement

Oh dear, that's never good. I'm always cautious driving around kids, just in case one picks the most inopportune moment to make a break for it.

Maybe there is an opening there for bungee strap harnesses for kids. Get so far then WHEEEEE back to safety.

In other news, today was the first day that I really didn't enjoy being in the gym. My legs just didn't want to cooperate. I forced them to struggle through the end of the routine, but I fear retribution tomorrow.

Oh dear, that's never good. I'm always cautious driving around kids, just in case one picks the most inopportune moment to make a break for it.

Maybe there is an opening there for bungee strap harnesses for kids. Get so far then WHEEEEE back to safety.

In other news, today was the first day that I really didn't enjoy being in the gym. My legs just didn't want to cooperate. I forced them to struggle through the end of the routine, but I fear retribution tomorrow.

I stood outside my car as I saw the danger first but it looked like the toddler had run back to the mother. So I popped in to my car and edged out my drive way to then see the child on the opposite side of the road turn around and run across in front of the jeep.

I'd never have forgiven myself if she got hit for just assuming the danger was gone instead of running to get her, which is what I should have done anyway!

I can't get over the mother though. Not a bother on her. No panic. No care in the world as to the danger of being on a main road with a toddler she didn't have a grip of.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Witnessed a toddler almost get hit by a jeep outside my house earlier. Sweet suffering mother my heart. Nearly shat myself. Can only imagine how the people in the jeep felt!

I was reversing out of a spot in Aldi this evening and a kid ran behind my car. I had been inching, obviously, so I stopped without a bother, but I couldn't see the kid. The mother had grabbed her and I hadn't noticed. But scary moments!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

This has to be the image of the UK General Election:

theresa-may-lord-buckethead-united-kingdom-election.jpg

The question is - Political Rival or new head of security for Theresa May?

Lord Buckethead (LB), was in the Maidenhead constituency alongside me - there is another picture going around that has her on stage with Buckethead and Elmo. Though as far as I know, LB has been on TV in America now, his manifesto was excellent!

Played my first game of golf this week, 9 holes against another staff member and his brother. First three holes were horrific, last three were excellent, I put it on the green both times and the two lads missed on the par 3s!

Had planned to go to a friends birthday thing and play another round tomorrow, but I've messed up my back :(

Sunburn :(

Sunburn :(

I feel you.

I was in the shade all day yesterday but still managed to get sunburnt on my shoulder. Just the left one. As if I didn't have enough tan lines from the bike already I now have a racer back mark and bra strap marks. More stripes than a zebra.

Ouch! I've been quite fortunate with the sunburn so far, but I'd practically bathe in factor 50.

That said, last week I had a patch of sunburn right at the top of my forehead, on the hairline where I missed it with the sun cream.

Having the least productive day of my life in the office. Not complaining either.

Dolbert wrote: »
    Having the least productive day of my life in the office. Not complaining either.

Sometimes it is nice to have an unproductive day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I think I'm the only person who didn't see the sun this weekend :(
    Was up in Donegal for the weekend, Saturday morning was kinda bright. But god Sunday morning / afternoon I was shivering out in the rain with 5 layers of clothes on me!

Advertisement